What happened to the framing nailer?

noops

Dewalt has been out with their brushless beast for 3 years now. Milwaukee sort of answered their finishing solution with their own offering to seemingly mixed reviews last year but they've yet to have any kind of answers for a cordless framing nailer. Is it DOA or just really delayed?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I would question if it is delayed because of the suspect reviews on their finish/trim nail guns? Total guess, but I cant imagine any company releasing something that they know could be average at best, especially when they have gotten recent feedback on a product that they released. Total speculation, obviously.

On 6/13/2017 at 4:14 PM, Bremon said:

Probably needs a bigger nitrogen canister that makes the gun even more front heavy. Not sure. 

The new guns don't use gas tho.. Maybe they seen the way dewalt wasn't flying off the shelf and switched gears put that idea on the back burner.. Idk either tho

My guess is that they've got one in the labs, but that it just wasn't "300%/ 24 times better/tougher/stronger/shinier"  than the competition.  You'll remember they DID just come out with new models of the pneumatic framing and coil nail guns.  If I had to bet money, I'd say that's what the models were supposed to be, but the driving tech just wasn't up to snuff yet and so you ended up with pneumatic.

5 hours ago, Jscott said:

The new guns don't use gas tho.. Maybe they seen the way dewalt wasn't flying off the shelf and switched gears put that idea on the back burner.. Idk either tho

The Fuel guns use a sealed nitrogen canister, to the best of my knowledge. Not a replaceable gas canister like Paslode, maybe thats where the confusion is coming from, but they sure as hell aren't flywheel tech like Dewalt's. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bremon said:

The Fuel guns use a sealed nitrogen canister, to the best of my knowledge. Not a replaceable gas canister like Paslode, maybe thats where the confusion is coming from, but they sure as hell aren't flywheel tech like Dewalt's. 

You can defiantly feel a flywheel gun

3 hours ago, Bremon said:

Ic. Ya just looked it up says its a sealed self cycling nitrogen actuator. So I learned a lil bit today lol. I obviously never used one the price is to much for me..