Worst Milwaukee Tool

FrosBros82

1 hour ago, SetBuilder said:

The M18 jig saw is the biggest disappointment for me. I picked one up recently as I wanted a cordless jig saw for convenience. That thing needs a serious updating. 

I kept the box, so I may return it.

It's funny they have a nice barrel grip but they never brought it over to the USA. I think Makita did they same thing they have a barrel grip that's brushless but they never brought it to the USA but its sold in canada.

[mention=55331]SetBuilder[/mention] I actually like the M12 one better. It's not brushless, but not nearly as awkward as the M18 in my opinion. 

I love the m12 jig Saw, only grip is no dust blower, it's small enough I can do scrolling with it and cut intricate things that's more difficult with larger saws, even my higher end Bosch jig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I bought it at HD, so I may take it back and get the M12 one then. 

There is really no comparing the M12 Fuel to the M12 Brushed. Even thought the Fuel is heavy, the stroke power and easier cutting are worth it. I had both. The M12 is just not as effective or worthwhile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

There is really no comparing the M12 Fuel to the M12 Brushed. Even thought the Fuel is heavy, the stroke power and easier cutting are worth it. I had both. The M12 is just not as effective or worthwhile.

Are you talking about jig saws, as far as I know milwaukee does not have a fuel jig saw?

16 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

The brushed m12 is really good for more precise cuts on PVC or softer woods because it's soo small and lightweight. Before I had my hole saw kit I made a couple PVC drill holsters for work's main work bench...I cut out the circular drill-grip slot with the m12 hackzall. It was easier to use than a jigsaw because the jigsaw kept tipping to the side.

• 1 month later...

Of the stuff I have - and I have a metric ton of it - I don't go out of my way to dig out either of the M12 ratchets, even though I'm working on my vehicles in much of my free time. The only one that I found more useless, and by a good bit, was the original M12 screwdriver - just a total joke in comparison to the M12 Fuel model, which is up there in probably the top 3 of my cordless tools when it comes to the amount of daily use. Gave it away.

Of the stuff I have - and I have a metric ton of it - I don't go out of my way to dig out either of the M12 ratchets, even though I'm working on my vehicles in much of my free time. The only one that I found more useless, and by a good bit, was the original M12 screwdriver - just a total joke in comparison to the M12 Fuel model, which is up there in probably the top 3 of my cordless tools when it comes to the amount of daily use. Gave it away.

The fuel is massive, I have the brushed one of my favorite screw guns

The fuel is massive, I have the brushed one of my favorite screw guns

The gen-2 one does sound like a huge improvement. The cabinet guy that I gave my gen-1 to loves it, but then he's not much of a tool guy, in the least.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, sparky603 said:

The gen-2 one does sound like a huge improvement. The cabinet guy that I gave my gen-1 to loves it, but then he's not much of a tool guy, in the least.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A gen-2 screw gun? I thought they only announced the drill and impact driver? If so, I'm excited! I've been looking hard at the screw gun because I mostly use a quick-release in my m12 gen-1 Fuel drill for work.

Though the screw gun is likely to follow since it's just a different front end from the drill.

7 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

A gen-2 screw gun? I thought they only announced the drill and impact driver? If so, I'm excited! I've been looking hard at the screw gun because I mostly use a quick-release in my m12 gen-1 Fuel drill for work.

For some reason, I thought they had upgraded the brushed screwdriver to 2-speed ranges and higher rpm, closer to the specs of the Fuel model, when they changed to the newer body style a while back, with the added overmolding. Looking at it online now, I see it's still 500 rpm. My bad, sorry!

Just now, sparky603 said:

For some reason, I thought they had upgraded the brushed screwdriver to 2-speed ranges and higher rpm, closer to the specs of the Fuel model, when they changed to the newer body style a while back, with the added overmolding. Looking at it online now, I see it's still 500 rpm. My bad, sorry!

Ohh, I got you. I thought they did too actually, I was looking for one in my search, I could have sworn there was one...then they have the old style with the silver on the chuck.

41JMjwRAjRL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

That's the one I had. Came in a kit with the radio for cheap.

The Fuel one is probably my favorite M12 tool, and is definitely the one I use the most. I use it for devices when trimming out - set the clutch on 5, high range, with a #1 square bit. Has enough grunt to drive most of my fasteners, and even to push a reasonable-size Daredevil in a pinch. The 500 limit of the brushed is just way too slow for my pace when trimming out.

11 minutes ago, sparky603 said:

That's the one I had. Came in a kit with the radio for cheap.

The Fuel one is probably my favorite M12 tool, and is definitely the one I use the most. I use it for devices when trimming out - set the clutch on 5, high range, with a #1 square bit. Has enough grunt to drive most of my fasteners, and even to push a reasonable-size Daredevil in a pinch. The 500 limit of the brushed is just way too slow for my pace when trimming out.

Yeah, I'm impatient so I need two speed. Machine screws take less than a second on speed 2, take 3-4 seconds on speed 1.

I really like the mode collar on the m12 Fuel, I hate that they got rid of it. It's nice to be able to remove screws in drill mode then driver with the clutch with one click of the collar.

Okay, I knew I wasn't crazy - the improved brushed screwdriver is the 2406. I'm confused, it's late - I guess that's the one you have? That's a huge improvement in speed and torque, but I see what you mean about losing the torque setting to put it into drill mode - horrifying. I guess the original was like that too.

33 minutes ago, sparky603 said:

Okay, I knew I wasn't crazy - the improved brushed screwdriver is the 2406. I'm confused, it's late - I guess that's the one you have? That's a huge improvement in speed and torque, but I see what you mean about losing the torque setting to put it into drill mode - horrifying. I guess the original was like that too.

I have the Fuel hammer drill, no screw gun. Jimbo has the Fuel screw gun.