New Bosch LDM App

RickyMcGrath

Bosch has a new app that was released in March. It's called MeasureOn.

I have been using the other Bosch apps, such as Floor Plan, for several years and this one is by far the best.

Go check it out. I just downloaded it today and started playing with it by doing a test plan of my home so I can't explain all the features. But just a few minutes of toying around, and I am already making this my primary, go to, app.

• Like 2

I had a Bosch app some time ago, then when i switched phones i forgot about it and will have to check this out. 

The one app i use a lot is Milwaukee's app, I know, it's a totally different type of app than what you're talking about, but while we're on the subject of apps..... Now, before you roll your eyes, i'm not simply jumping on the bandwagon for the bluetooth capabilities... i've been using this app for over a year, (before it was cool haha) to inventory my tools. I'm talking any brand, any items, hand tools, etc. I put all my tools in this app, DeWalt, Makita, Chicago Electric, Ryobi, and Milwaukee. You can put a toothbrush in the inventory if you want lol  Pictures of the tool, pics of the receipt, serial number etc, anything you want.

Plus what's cool, is you can log on to milwaukee's website to access it through a PC, it's cloud based, too...

Anyways, i just realized how useful it is and how few people realize you can do that.

Ok, carry...i mean- Measure ON hahah

• Like 1

On 6/18/2017 at 8:24 AM, KnarlyCarl said:

I had a Bosch app some time ago, then when i switched phones i forgot about it and will have to check this out. 

The one app i use a lot is Milwaukee's app, I know, it's a totally different type of app than what you're talking about, but while we're on the subject of apps..... Now, before you roll your eyes, i'm not simply jumping on the bandwagon for the bluetooth capabilities... i've been using this app for over a year, (before it was cool haha) to inventory my tools. I'm talking any brand, any items, hand tools, etc. I put all my tools in this app, DeWalt, Makita, Chicago Electric, Ryobi, and Milwaukee. You can put a toothbrush in the inventory if you want lol  Pictures of the tool, pics of the receipt, serial number etc, anything you want.

Plus what's cool, is you can log on to milwaukee's website to access it through a PC, it's cloud based, too...

Anyways, i just realized how useful it is and how few people realize you can do that.

Ok, carry...i mean- Measure ON hahah

My crew in some ways seems old fashioned or unwilling to change. As much as I would like to try out tool apps it may not be what the other guys want. Plus my phone is too old to even use the apps haha. I wouldn't mind trying to inventory my tools and whatnot. I think it would be cool to use an inventory app at work like one key or tool connect. I think it would make inventory faster/better/more efficient in some ways. May take a bit of work to get it up and running though. If someone takes a pound of screws for job x they just pull up the app record a pound of screws used for job x then list where the materials were gotten from whether it be from the supply at our work's shop, or if it was from lumberyard, etc. Would also make forgetting what materials were used where or what tools were taken where almost a non issue. I don't know how it works with multiple users but I would guess everyone at work could download one key for example then login to the same account and have whatever is recorded get updated on everyone's apps? 

On 6/21/2017 at 11:29 PM, Jronman said:

.....I don't know how it works with multiple users but I would guess everyone at work could download one key for example then login to the same account and have whatever is recorded get updated on everyone's apps? 

That would be cool, but it's not setup like that, but I wonder if I gave you my login info if you just add your tools into the big inventory for example.

I think it would work better at a company for one person to input all the tools and assign them to whoever vs trusting the workers to input that info for themselves. Keeps the confusion down

On 6/23/2017 at 9:27 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

That would be cool, but it's not setup like that, but I wonder if I gave you my login info if you just add your tools into the big inventory for example.

I think it would work better at a company for one person to input all the tools and assign them to whoever vs trusting the workers to input that info for themselves. Keeps the confusion down

Well I can't help you out much since my phone and tablet are not supported by one key app due to being old. 

from first impression of the DeWALT wifi router thingy it might be able to allow for multiple users to connect to each other. Wouldn't be surprised if it allows for shared inventories.