Cordless barrel grip jigsaw concept.

Mattias Blomqvist

So I played around with some ideas that I've been thinking about when I use my cordless OMT. I have been thinking to myself, man what a sweet tool this would be if it was reconfigured as a cordless jigsaw. I have no idea if it's even possible but I think it would be since Milwaukee has a similar M12 model. I made a concept picture but have zero skills in photo editing so ignore all the imperfections and try to focus on the tool itself. Who would be interested in something like this? Please share all your ideas and toughts.

Beware that all rights to the pictures used by me belong to Dewalt and the posted picture is edited by me and me only. Dewalt has not been participant in any way with this concept picture.type3.png

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

• Like 5

This is the old 323, I would love to Dewalt come out with a 20v barrel. My Carvex is the best jigsaw I've used. And it is a barrel grip too. I also have the NAINA Makita brushless 18v barrel grip jig and it is awesome.

06CD3A41-3379-4B8C-B7C7-F8438B993C9E-20477-00001863A1D001A9.jpeg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, jkeating3 said:

I got tired of waiting to replace my corded jigsaw, so I just bought a DCS331. That pretty much guarantees a barrel grip jigsaw is coming within months, if not weeks.

I feel the same way about my older 18V 6 1/2" circular saw and reciprocating saws, I am slowly switching over to 20V Max. I am hoping the current models, which are a little long in the tooth are updated, maybe with brushless motors. I still have a few 18V batteries with adequate run times so they will soldier on a little longer along with a few other low use tools.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:49 PM, Grumpy MSG said:

I feel the same way about my older 18V 6 1/2" circular saw and reciprocating saws, I am slowly switching over to 20V Max. I am hoping the current models, which are a little long in the tooth are updated, maybe with brushless motors. I still have a few 18V batteries with adequate run times so they will soldier on a little longer along with a few other low use tools.

Have you considered the 20v Max to 18v adapter?  That would allow you to run your 18v tools a bit longer at a cost of under $40.  I actually let impulse take over and bought the 20v Max reciprocating and circular saws.  Not only are they older designs, but also they're the cheaper kit versions (DCS381 and DCS393), and I didn't even get them for a good price!  I do like to think that I helped out the older gentleman I bought them from, though. 

Anyway, the current 20v Max jigsaw has worked for me so far, but the OP's pictures are interesting, to say the least.  Should DeWalt come out with one I'd probably buy it at this rate. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mordekyle said:

Wow! ^^^^^^^

The convenience of a barrel grip coupled with the size and weight of a boat anchor!

How about a barrel grip 20v?

Does anyone really need 12 hours of runtime on a jigsaw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original concept design was a 20v barrel grip...

• Like 4

12 hours ago, fm2176 said:

Have you considered the 20v Max to 18v adapter?  That would allow you to run your 18v tools a bit longer at a cost of under $40.  I actually let impulse take over and bought the 20v Max reciprocating and circular saws.  Not only are they older designs, but also they're the cheaper kit versions (DCS381 and DCS393), and I didn't even get them for a good price!  I do like to think that I helped out the older gentleman I bought them from, though. 

Anyway, the current 20v Max jigsaw has worked for me so far, but the OP's pictures are interesting, to say the least.  Should DeWalt come out with one I'd probably buy it at this rate. 

I have, but like I said I have a 3 of the NiCad batteries that still give decent run time. I have 2 that are pretty well whipped and have thought about taking them to the local Interstate battery store and let them rebuild them and see how well the rebuilds work, but haven't broken down and done it yet. I also have a pair of the Li 18 volts with low usage too, so unless it is a great deal I am not hard pressed to pick up replacements, I don't need a right angle drill or drywall tool often and the jigsaw seems to run forever on the Li batteries. I know a lot of folks like barrel grip jig saws, but I prefer one like the current model. That 7 1/4" 20 Volt Max saw is attractive to me, but wouldn't really be a direct replacement for the 6 1/2", it or the FlexVolt seems more like a replacement for a corded saw than my 6 1/2"