15g Fuel Nailer

FrosBros82

I used one yesterday for the first time. Kind of heavy compared to air nailers which I am used to. I only shot a dozen or so nails into pine, but my first thought was WOW, this thing has some power.  

At least with Home Depot if you don't like it you could always return it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Supposed to be one of the better guns of the lineup. Lots of power. Beastly driver marks etc. as per usual for Fuel I believe, but with a 15g I don't think it's as important as an 18 or 16. 

For what I would be using it for it probably won't make a difference. All my actual "finish" work I would use a smaller nail. It might make a difference on a door jamb, but you can still set the nail. I'll take my odds, my porter cable leaves marks too. With that, you seem to be right, the reviews on the 15 are way better than the others from what I have seen!

I was using an 18g Milwaukee cordless today. The convenience is nice but they get heavy after a bit, no way would I want to run that thing all day and it only had a 2amp battery on it.

On one stage I was putting crown molding around a desk with it and it was tough to get the safety to depress and shoot the pin. I ended up dragging a  compressor over and using my Cadex. I can shoot nails so much quicker with an air gun.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, Framer joe said:

eOh, I thought Milwaukee had a 2nd gen cordless nailers already ?

I am sure they will come out with something at some point. To be honest, I was surprised that they even made the nail guns... I think it was just something so they could compare to DeWalt. Milwaukee it not known for their wood working tools (my opinion). However, as I type this I now realize that by the end of the year they will have two different cordless miter saws out... so I could be a complete fool in this conversation.

@Bremon Very good point. I know they came out with a planer, but they never had one previously to my knowledge. With that, no table saw, belt sander, etc. However, I believe they do have a corded router? So I guess randomly they have wood working tools lol.

7 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

Milwaukee did have a table saw ions ago. :)

I saw this on Craigslist recently.

IMG_5791.JPG

That's seriously old school, though mounting a circular saw underneath a table with the blade sticking through always screamed "WTF are you thinking" to me.  There's just way too many opportunities to separate me from body parts that I'm terribly fond of ever to use something like that.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:32 PM, khariV said:

That's seriously old school, though mounting a circular saw underneath a table with the blade sticking through always screamed "WTF are you thinking" to me.  There's just way too many opportunities to separate me from body parts that I'm terribly fond of ever to use something like that.

100% agree. Table saws can already be a little sketchy, let alone when it's not one mounted system. Couldn't ever see myself using something like this.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FrosBros82 said:

100% agree. Table saws can already be a little sketchy, let alone when it's not one mounted system. Couldn't ever see myself using something like this.

Yep, I've said many times table saws are likely the most dangerous and intimidating tools in the shop. Making one more rickety doesn't seem very innovative and seems like it could disrupt the way your appendages are attached to your body. 

• Like 2

The 15g and 16g FUEL nailers are very powerful, but not very ergonomic.

They are almost identical internally. I've kept the 15g for personal use, but didn't want the 16g since I had the Dewalt, which is a better unit IMO.

Note: The local toolshop dropped off the 15g today for use. The big wig is going to take it home and mess around with it tonight... he is very picky with his nailers and is a diehard paslode guy, so it will be interesting to see how he likes it. I'll post his thoughts and opinions on the tool.