Absolutely BRILLIANT Idea?!?!?

Kato

I think I just had a brilliant idea. I'm in the garage, diddling around, and the thought strikes me that the miter saw stand might make a good planer stand. Buy a couple of saw mounts for the stand and mount them to the planer. The planer goes on the stand in the direction of the supports...and use the supports as infeed/outfeed tables for longer pieces of wood.

Any thoughts...???

• Like 6

Hmmm, apparently I'm not the first one to have this brilliant idea...DeWalt Rolling Miter Saw / Planer Stand - DWX726...

Oh well, I never said I was smart...but at least it means that it was a great idea...

• Like 8

I'm gonna try it, but it means taking the mounts off of my miter saw to try it out. If it works I'll have to buy a set of mounts so I won't have to mess around swapping them between the saw and the planer.

There's lots of people doing this out there and more, you can mount literally anything with these mounts because for things that they won't fit on you can just mount them to a piece of plywood and then the tool to the plywood. 

m2ng3aj.jpg

• Like 3

Yup, I realized after I made the thread, and after Googling it, that this was not a new idea. At least I was proud of my genius for about 6 minutes, before reality set in...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kato said:

Yup, I realized after I made the thread, and after Googling it, that this was not a new idea. At least I was proud of my genius for about 6 minutes, before reality set in...

Just because you weren't first doesn't mean it wasn't a genius idea. Triple negative, figure that one out.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2017 at 4:26 PM, Kato said:

Hmmm, apparently I'm not the first one to have this brilliant idea...DeWalt Rolling Miter Saw / Planer Stand - DWX726...

Oh well, I never said I was smart...but at least it means that it was a great idea...

You still had a brilliant idea ..... just because Dewalt kid napped you gave you mind control drugs and stole your idea and took it to market, doesn't mean it wasn't all you !!!!

?????

Finally got around to Bunnings today and picked up another miter saw stand.

Got the thicknesser mounted and it works great. The only problem is that I have no where to put it!c7edb8e9fe6a9cdaf9f65610220360ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 4