hello, new to forum

jazzycat

Just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Kay but you can call me jazzy or jazzycat, or K, or whatever.  I'm fairly new to power tools, I recently bought a couple of sanders and a drill, but I've been using manual tools for a long time.  I'm still wary of power saws, simply because I haven't used them yet and I know they can be dangerous.  I respect the tool.  Anyway.  I found this place while comparing string trimmers.  I'm trying to decide between an Ego and a Ryobi.  My yard is quite the mess right now because I need to have back surgery.  I'm leaning toward the Ego.

I'm enjoying using my tools, and I'm hoping to eventually turn my shed into a woodworking shop.   Whenever I go to Lowes or Home Depot, I find myself in the tool section, salivating over all the tools I want but can't afford.  Patience. :D

So I just wanted to connect with some people more experienced than myself.  Maybe get some guidance now and again.  Glad to be aboard.  Ciao.

~K

• Like 3

Hey, thanks for the welcome.  I just came home with the Ego. :D  When I picked the Ryobi up, it almost killed my back.  It seems all the weight is at the top and it totally threw me.  It felt very unbalanced.  The person I was with agreed the Ego had better balance, and just seemed like a better tool.  We didn't get to use it much because the battery didn't have much charge in it, so I'm charging it now.  I'll let you know how I like it after I get to use it a little more.

I'd like to get the mower one day as well.  I can't afford it right now, but I hate our gas mower and we have a Honda.  Our yard has a slope and the ground is very soft, so I have to push like crazy, even though it's supposed to be "self propelled." ugh.  I hate yard work.