DCE400

wwaayne

I AM NOT, REPEAT, I AM NOT A PLUMBER!!!!  but damn I need pex tools and this could be my gateway drug!  By the way I hate PLUMBING........ 9 trips to the store for EVERY FUCKING pipe I work on! Pex tools might save my life.  

• Haha 1

But to the tool... I get you'll prolly get a day's run time on even a black pack but why not XR?  The real answer is it doesn't need to be... no need for brushless......but..... brushless= tiny computer+ Tool Connect...... ehh ehh get where I'm going....

On 7/22/2017 at 11:58 PM, Cr8ondt said:

I AM NOT, REPEAT, I AM NOT A PLUMBER!!!!  but damn I need pex tools and this could be my gateway drug!  By the way I hate PLUMBING........ 9 trips to the store for EVERY FUCKING pipe I work on! Pex tools might save my life.  

the !/2 and 3/4 combination crimper from Home Depot and a cutter will probably do most of what you need. Throw in some some Sharkbite or Gatorbite push on fittings and you can work wonders with it.

P.S.- I am not a plumber either! 

the !/2 and 3/4 combination crimper from Home Depot and a cutter will probably do most of what you need. Throw in some some Sharkbite or Gatorbite push on fittings and you can work wonders with it.

P.S.- I am not a plumber either! 

Sharkbite?!?!

Temporary repairs/mock ups and exposed fittings are the ONLY situations where these should even be remotely considered. Even then, I avoid at any cost.
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 11:10 PM, RickyMcGrath said:

Sharkbite?!?!

Temporary repairs/mock ups and exposed fittings are the ONLY situations where these should even be remotely considered. Even then, I avoid at any cost.

I have a few in the house, the first of which has been on a piece of PVC for 15 years or so. it was undone 2-3 times until the length of the pipe was perfect. I like the ones with a 1/4 turn cutoff valve for use on any of the bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Nowhere near as cheap as a soldered connection, but no fear of setting a vanity or cabinet on fire accidentally.