Who makes what tool for who?

On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Conductor562 said:

Chris: There aren't many power tools made here anymore period. Milwaukee has 2 plants in Mississippi, Dewalt has/had one in North Carolina, and if I remember right Makita has one out west somewhere. Not that long ago Milwaukee was still making a few 28 volts tools here, but I can't say for sure that's still the case. Most of the few power tools that are still made here are corded tools.

Wayne: I'm going to look into this, but I don't believe the Milwaukee routers are rebranded Bosch, at least not on our side of the pond anyway.

Makita still has one in Buford Georgia . my 5 " corded makita came from there they still make that in the USA and idk what else all of there stuff at one point was made there that was sod in the us 

On 1/19/2013 at 7:04 AM, ChrisK said:

What?!? Really? Bosch? I love Bosch, if that's true then I guess I actually have a Bosch router! I have that plus the Ridgid palm router which is sweet. So here is the question, who is actually an American manufacturer of tools? Obviously not cordless power because as far as I know there are no cordless tools made in the USA. I have a Craftsman circular and radial arm made in USA but unfortunately that is it!

DeWALT has cordless tools assembled in usa.

• 1 year later...

I was interested when I started seeing "brand clones" I'll call them and did a little digging, and here's what I found -

Now mind you this is not a full list but is a good start.

Manufacturer

Brands

Apex Tool Group (ATG)

Apex Fastening Tools, Belzer, Campbell, Cleco, Crescent, Delta, Dotco, Erem, Gearwrench, HKP, Jacobs, Jobox, Lufkin, Nicholson, Recoules Quakenbush, SATA, Weller, Wiss, Xcelite

Atlas Copco

Chicago Pneumatic, Edwards

Chevron

Skil, Skilsaw, (MFRs some Craftsman, Kobalt under license)

Emerson

Ridgid – (Non Power Tools), Proteam, Workshop

Great Neck

Great Neck, OEM, Sheffiel, Mayes, Goldblatt, Others

Griffon Corporation

Ames True Temper

Harbor Freight Tools

Central Machinery, Central Pneumatic, Chicago Electric, Pittsburgh Tools, US General, Cen Tech, Drill Master, Earthquake, Hercules, Bauer

Hilti

Hilti

Hitachi Koki

Hitachi, Metabo, Lurem, Elektra Beckum

Husqvarna Group

Husqvarna, Weed Eater, Poulan, McCulloch, Others

Ideal Industries

Western Forge, Pratt-Read, SK Hand Tools

Illinois Tool Works

Paslode, Ramset, Redhead, Others

Ingersoll-Rand

Ingersoll-Rand, Others

Knipex

Knipex

KTC

KTC

Makita

Makita, Maktec

Panasonic

Panasonic

Positec

WORX, Rockwell Tools

Robert Bosch GmbH

Bosch, Dremel, Rotozip, Diablo, Freud, Vermont American

Sandvik

Sandvik

Snap-on

Snap-on, Bahco, Blue-Point, Williams, CDI Torque Products, Sun diagnostic tools in Europe and Brazil

Stanley Black & Decker

Black & Decker, DeVilbiss Air Power, DeWalt, Porter-Cable, Bostitch, Mac Tools, Proto, Blackhawk, Sidchrome, Stanley Hand Tools, Husky, Craftsman, Irwin - (Vise Grip, Marples, Quick Grip, Hanson …), Lennox / American Saw and Manufacturing Company, Vidmar

ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co.

Stihl, Viking

TTI

Milwaukee, AEG/RIDGID Power tools (under license), Ryobi, Homelite, Hoover, Vax, Bissell, Dirt Devil, Empire, Oreck

TTC

Toro Lawn Equipment

Yamabiko Corp

ECHO OPE

TTS (Tool technic Systems)

Festool, TANOS

One correction that is easily missed is Chevron and Chervon are both companies but Chervon makes Skil and Skilsaw (also makes Ego) Another thing is the Emerson Ridgid does make some power tools but it is on a different battery platform which can be confusing. 

I have always said Makita must be making some of Hitachi’s tools.
I looked at what Hitachi has out now and there is no way that Makita isn’t making some of it!
Look at the Hitachi stick vac, Fan jackets, impacts, drills, heated jacket and rotary hammer!
They are carbon copies!
Also, they have the same 18v/14.4v versions as Makita.

Not all tools mind you, but a lot.

http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertools/products/li_ion/li_ion.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bosch owned Skil when this thread started but sold it to Chevron. Emerson Electric owns the Ridgid name. Thy make electric motors, the red Ridgid plumbing tools and Sears and HD shop vacuums. They licensed the name to HD for the orange and black hand tools. HD has those tools made by TTI. Just to make things more complicated, companies lease their name to other companies for specific products. That is the case with HD Ridgid.
Ryobi manufactures a line if power tools, sold in Japan and Asia. They sold the name to TTI for a different line of tools that they can sell everywhere except Japan and the rest of Asia.Those are the ones we see.

One correction that is easily missed is Chevron and Chervon are both companies but Chervon makes Skil and Skilsaw (also makes Ego) Another thing is the Emerson Ridgid does make some power tools but it is on a different battery platform which can be confusing. 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
On 2/6/2017 at 4:27 PM, Jronman said:

DeWALT has cordless tools assembled in usa.

True, Assembled, but very few of the parts are made in the USA, they ship parts in from China and elsewhere, then the slap the motor into the plastic case and advertise “Made in America”

that’s a known fact.