cordless rivet gun OH YES THERE IS :)

wayneburgess

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use pop rivets daily. I can't justify that price tag when i can buy a pneumatic rivet gin for 30 bucks and a compressor for 200. Hell a cordless compressor now. Not worth themoney. If they brought it down to the 200 dollar range to 300 dollar range they may have a tool people will buy on a lather scale. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/02/2014 at 10:17 PM, DR99 said:

I have one of these. Wouldn't be without it. Have three batteries one of which I had to re-cell myself but was able to up it to about 2.5ah in the smaller battery shell so it lasts for a while between charges now. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2017 at 4:47 PM, stductwork said:

I have one of these. Wouldn't be without it. Have three batteries one of which I had to re-cell myself but was able to up it to about 2.5ah in the smaller battery shell so it lasts for a while between charges now. 

That's pretty cool, what do you use to drill the holes? Is it worth having both drill and rivet gun over just a drill and screws? Are you able to punch the holes ever?

6 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

That's pretty cool, what do you use to drill the holes? Is it worth having both drill and rivet gun over just a drill and screws? Are you able to punch the holes ever?

All depends on what the work is. I can take on some contracts and the spec will be all rivets and no screws and in that instance it's something that I wouldn't consider going without. Current job I've been on is all rivets so it's had a lot of use.

Down to preference, I do prefer rivets to screws but they're not always practical. I just have a Makita DDF483 to hand and drill bits to match rivets used. Punching isn't really something I can do on site.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...