New Metabo LiHD batteries

herbs

• 2 weeks later...

Its cool and all but Metabo can't seem to make any traction on the US market. TIA hasn't reviewed much Metabo in years. Lowes sells Metabo online now, the prices are more than other brands but not too bad to be honest. The big problem is marketing no one really knows except hard core tool users.

• Like 2

Its cool and all but Metabo can't seem to make any traction on the US market. TIA hasn't reviewed much Metabo in years. Lowes sells Metabo online now, the prices are more than other brands but not too bad to be honest. The big problem is marketing no one really knows except hard core tool users.

yup. I've never heard of Metabo til I joined this forum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Over this side of the world, Metabo is quite prominent. Not as popular as Milwaukee or Hitachi in my industry for cordless tools, but everywhere as far as grinders go. Here almost nobody touches Dewalt...

• 2 weeks later...

Cop tool.com has a write-up on these batteries as well. http://www.coptool.com/metabo-new-lihd-battery-87-more-runtime-over-5-2ah/#more-4648 The batteries look pretty interesting, I just wish Metabo had a good distribution network here in the states. I wanted one of their brushless hammer drills when it came out, but even a good 6 to 8 months later it still wasn't available here.

• 2 months later...

Joining here late... 

I've been using a Metabo 18V drill for the last 4-5 years and it's still going like a beast. It was by far one of the most compact drills when I got it and one of the most powerful as well. I can stall it, but not easily and it's hurt me a few times when I wasn't braced correctly. Fastenal is a distributor and is where I got mine, although I actually drove to Metabo's US headquarters here in PA to pick it up. I was also there once for service when I let the smoke out. They replaced it on the spot for an entire new unit (case, charger, two batteries) and even let me keep the old batteries and charger. I can't kill the damn thing.

They actually have a guy on site who pretty much does nothing but test tools all day to the death and all their service guys were extremely competent, well trained and professional. I'd definitely buy their product again.

• Like 1

The one nice thing about Metabo is your tools are probably less likely to get swiped off the jobsite. Thieves are going to go for the major brands for quick cash. They are less likely to grab something they don't know about or think its cheap like Ryobi.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

did anyone else see CopTools grinder comparison. The Metabo wiped the floor with FUEL and Makita BL for runtime...

Did you see the reciprocating saw comparison. The metabo was the oldest but still finished second. The fuel was first since it was the only brushless saw there.

I think it does suck, but the Bosch and Metabo also do ;)

The Dewalt and Milwaukee smash the other three in the time-trials.

Hahaha. You must be right because the Makita definetly does suck!! At least mine does.. I have a feeling that mine actually sucks more than most though. There has to be something wrong with mine. its the first old old serial number model so maybe that has something to do with it