What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

10 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Just need an alligator for your moat lol looks good dude

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

Been at this place place since January and I've yet to see a single fish in this lake, granted it's been ice covered most of the time but it's probably because the alligators ate all the fish :)

• Like 1

I finally had enough of the chaos in my shop, so I decided to start cleaning stuff out. Every winter I accumulate a real mess from trying to do everything inside but with all the work going on with the house, it was especially bad this year.

In order to do anything with the shop, I had to first clean the building out. Man did I fuck up. I have a 7x14 trailer FULL of shit to go to the dump. It's all shit I have no idea why we ever thought about keeping in the first place.

I was able to get most of the excess bulky shit out of the shop and into the building, and actually got started cleaning out the shop. I have so much crap stuffed anywhere it will fit it's not even funny. Hardware, scrap metal, cable, chain, all shit I can't justify throwing away, But I've got to find some organization. 

On 3/28/2017 at 9:59 AM, Jronman said:

I cut 80 year old cast iron pipe the other day with my flexvolt recip and torch blades.

man that's my work a LOT

How many cuts? I'll tell you right now the Diablo carbide thick metal cutting blade will do better and last longer if you cut your speed to about half to keep the heat down..... then just bear down on the pipe...

That's what I love about the onekey sawzall, i set it to 1500 strokes per minute, then pull the trigger and it holds that speed.  Then when i cut through it completely it stops the saw dead because it's through the cut.. pretty awesome for tight spots where cast snapper is a no go...

IMG_20170317_100109554_HDR

But I would love to get this cast snapper to try in the press tools at work:

It's a Ridgid jaw and goes up to 4"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPOf79BF72t/

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 8:11 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

man that's my work a LOT

How many cuts? I'll tell you right now the Diablo carbide thick metal cutting blade will do better and last longer if you cut your speed to about half to keep the heat down..... then just bear down on the pipe...

That's what I love about the onekey sawzall, i set it to 1500 strokes per minute, then pull the trigger and it holds that speed.  Then when i cut through it completely it stops the saw dead because it's through the cut.. pretty awesome for tight spots where cast snapper is a no go...

IMG_20170317_100109554_HDR

But I would love to get this cast snapper to try in the press tools at work:

It's a Ridgid jaw and goes up to 4"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPOf79BF72t/

Ima say we got around 24 cuts that day. Not sure how good that is or not. I tried to go slower cause I knew the blades would last longer. Seemed like the blades last awhile. We got most of the pipe cut out today. I enjoyed the work. Was challenging figuring out where to cut. Hardest part was making sure the pipe didn't clamp on the blade. Does that press tool cut the pipe? Do you still instal cast iron pipe or does plastic and copper pipe only get installed?

Grrrrrrr 2 days of trim... Hitachi miter and I have been having grown up conversations about the stupid Rockwell table saw... Kinda funny 3 windows alone needed 72 cuts!  That's not counting any base, doors, or odd ball crap, almost every cut required a 1/8 mile hike........ Each way......... The DeWalt OMT got a workout too, actually that was kinda fun, battery saw had some fun too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

83b98b7c88f1dde44745b24d5819fd1c.jpg
bc02d22ebff812bacbfb5c84753e45e4.jpg

Built this bad boy yesterday, speced to fit a queen sized mattress

Well...that beats the shit out of the bed frame I made for my daughter. Good work!!

5 hours ago, Kato said:

Well...that beats the shit out of the bed frame I made for my daughter. Good work!!

Hold the accolades until he moves it up a flight of stairs ? 

Are those 2x6 cross beams?

As for me, with the forecast calling for rain and snow, I went ahead and mowed for the first time this year. If I'd waited until next week I'd have had to borrow my neighbor's bailer.

I waited too long really. Most people have already mowed twice ?. I was using a 3 cylinder diesel Tractor, but it might have been a struggle for a mere mortal mowing apparatus.

Odd too because I'm typically the first one to mow and firmly believe the two most important days of the year are the first time you mow and the last time you mow. 

• Like 3

Hold the accolades until he moves it up a flight of stairs [emoji23] 

As for me, with the forecast calling for rain and snow, I went ahead and mowed for the first time this year. If I'd waited until next week I'd have had to borrow my neighbor's bailer.

I waited too long really. Most people have already mowed twice [emoji51]. I was using a 3 cylinder diesel Tractor, but it might have been a struggle for a mere mortal mowing apparatus.

Odd too because I'm typically the first one to mow and firmly believe the two most important days of the year are the first time you mow and the last time you mow. 

lol I told my dad to start taking protein, it's still in 3 pieces which makes it doable but the frame is 2x10 funniness and 2x6 joists

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Hold the accolades until he moves it up a flight of stairs ? 

I waited too long really. Most people have already mowed twice ?. I was using a 3 cylinder diesel Tractor, but it might have been a struggle for a mere mortal mowing apparatus.

I should check my yard to see if it is ready to mow but I'm not sure the mower is back from its yearly tuneup.

3 hours ago, Kato said:

I did this...

IMG_1788.JPG

That's pretty cool. I'd love to be able to free hand stuff like that, but I just don't have that kind of artistic touch. 

One more day and my shop will be the leanest and most organized it's been in a long time. It's been ground zero for every project imaginable sine we moved in and I had accumulated an insane amount of clutter. By the time I get everything loaded I will have gotten rid of 2 7x14 trailer loads of excess shit. 

I'm still putting stuff off until I redo my shop next year, but I can't go another year with no place to do anything. I've got so much shit backed up to do it isn't even funny. 

Looks really good Jimbo. Pocket hole jig?

No none at all, the headboard is made out of labels nailed to cross members, screwed into the header and posts, headboard has 3 5" lag bolts on each side, joists are attached with GRX screws, (those attached the head and footboard posts to the panel too)

The footboard has lag screws (SPAX) running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...