What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

10 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

@KnarlyCarl here ya go... 2nd pic is a view form the backside, under the stairs which will be untouched.

IMG_20170526_094144.jpg

IMG_20170526_094118.jpg

That's awesome, yeah future service is huge for us, since we do both new installs and a lot of service. I work that into boiler installs with extra isolation valves and unions for example. 

Our new home has a side entry and a double deck to our pool. The upper deck to the pool had so,e weird upper structure like a cheap-o arbor like frame work. I spent two days over this weeks vacation power washing the deck and today bought some 5/4 16' PT lumber to replace all of the railings. The cuts were interesting and involved a lot of different tools. My Festool HKC55 and T18, my Dewalt DCF887, my Makita DJV181 and XRJ05, a antique firmer chisel I got off of eBay, love that thing, my new mallet and a framing hammer. Lots of fun, many interesting miters, some heavy demo. More pics to follow, I am hoping to finish the lower deck rails tomorrow and hopefully put a coat of Thompson sealer stain on....

a21ec4888e5493e7b51c186bf004795a.jpg14c2eeace6796cdad40c7f122188e6a6.jpg0d4ed857493498235391667c971a1659.jpg6ede69407af2c5f4a4fc6ef2bc4ca20c.jpg07bcc0ad24d453dfb2cccc88003567e6.jpgf1b00785e900f7bf2f33b4cf03b129ab.jpg

• Like 7

I myself didnt really do much with tools today. My Lincoln vantage did come in handy today at a Memorial Day event. 

I was just gonna stop by for a few minutes. Heard they were haveing generator troubles. I didn't really care at first. After I thought about it I offered they could use my welder as a generator for there service. It's truck mounted an I was already there. It was a little loud but did the job for 3 hours. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Had an Army cop tell me that my company's deuce was deadlined due to the left side head and tail lights being out.  I picked up a couple bulbs after dropping a graduate off at the airport and used the trusty Gerber to remove the tail light cover.  Other than that, the only tool I've used so far today has been Statcrunch for my Statistics exam.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Changed out a fuel pump on my buddy's Tahoe yesterday 

IMG_3953.JPG

IMG_3954.JPG

IMG_3955.JPG

I think it should be required to have an access cover to get to those fuel pumps. On my 1998 Jetta and a buddy's 2001 Jetta, there's an access plate like someone was actually thinking about the future maintenance on their vehicles. Because pulling a tank is a pia compared to the access cover! 

• Like 1

So my next project is to work on our restroom so today we went to HD pics coed up some tile and other materials I'm gonna need never once did I think about ripping up a lil of the vynal so I did when I got home and Dammit!!! Look what I ran into?? this crap looks like some really old thick sh#%!! Nothing in this house has been simple so I don't know why I thought this one would be lol! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

So my next project is to work on our restroom so today we went to HD pics coed up some tile and other materials I'm gonna need never once did I think about ripping up a lil of the vynal so I did when I got home and Dammit!!! Look what I ran into?? this crap looks like some really old thick sh#%!! Nothing in this house has been simple so I don't know why I thought this one would be lol! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hahahahaha! Nothing is simple when it comes to our homes bro! I know it's going to look awesome when you get it done though! Is that another sheet of vinyl under there or tile? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Hahahahaha! Nothing is simple when it comes to our homes bro! I know it's going to look awesome when you get it done though! Is that another sheet of vinyl under there or tile? 

I looked at it again and it looks like tile!! @Bigmikez how about it?

11 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Its tile guys??? lol! U know what really sucks? I could've bought a used demo hammer and didn't a few weeks ago for a good deal ☹️

That sucks bro ?? looks like you have quite the job ahead but I know it's going to look awesome!

• Like 1

Not really work today but tomorrow I will be at the Weirs for Bike Week. I am partnered up with another guy for a commercial enforcement check point hopefully preventing bad people from going in and causing problems. There are a bunch of guys from my Troop that will be assigned over there at multiple points in addition to patrol units from all over the State.  I'm actually tickled pink because every year I get assigned a patrol beat and am down there for multiple layover shifts till 0200 ish so this year only one shift and I'll be using a creeper and a mag light and hopefully that's it and will be home by 9pm. I have a first Dads day weeken to enjoy!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Not really work today but tomorrow I will be at the Weirs for Bike Week. I am partnered up with another guy for a commercial enforcement check point hopefully preventing bad people from going in and causing problems. There are a bunch of guys from my Troop that will be assigned over there at multiple points in addition to patrol units from all over the State.  I'm actually tickled pink because every year I get assigned a patrol beat and am down there for multiple layover shifts till 0200 ish so this year only one shift and I'll be using a creeper and a mag light and hopefully that's it and will be home by 9pm. I have a first Dads day weeken to enjoy!

Like checking trucks? What are you checking for? Mechanical faults or contraband?

42 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Like checking trucks? What are you checking for? Mechanical faults or contraband?

Pretty much everything. Because of recent events outside and inside the USA we are being tasked with this job. More likely than not results will be mechanical issues however it won't be too surprising if we find other issues too. Hopefully it'll just be plain quiet, I'm not anticipating seeing too many pieces of equipment trying to get into the Weirs so...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Enjoy .... Stay Safe !!!   

Happy Father's Day (in advance)!!!! ???

• Like 2

Thanks Buddy! And Happy Fathers Day to you sir! Took this at chow time tonight. Rained heavy all night and after getting a good soaking they provided a nice hot meal at Station W.....1824ca2982f32f8826d0896df0d8b4b3.jpg
Took this while walking back out to my cruiser, the first Charger in line after the Tahoes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I made a video, thought I'd give the vlog style a shot, incorporate a few tools into the mix as well, any critiques, feel free to share... I want to expand on this, give an insight into what this trade involves and include the tools of the trades as well...

We'll see where this takes me...

• Like 1