What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

11 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I made a video, thought I'd give the vlog style a shot, incorporate a few tools into the mix as well, any critiques, feel free to share... I want to expand on this, give an insight into what this trade involves and include the tools of the trades as well...

We'll see where this takes me...

Really cool bro keepem coming??

• Like 1

Well, I got to use my most favorite tool a caulk gun (sarcasm) to caulk around some exterior mel-rol (flashing). It was a good time, especially since it's 93 degrees and the sun reflects right off the curtain wall into your face. With that, I also used a puddy knife and a jab saw. On a side note, it literally all pays the same.

FB82

• Like 1

started out the day by helping lay pipe for farm fields then I went back to the current jobsite to clean the house to get it ready for paint. Probably 30 minutes in from getting back from the farm work I got a bucket of water dumped on me. My old phone somehow survived haha.

We're doing a "Team Member of the Month" at work now, so we've been prepping two parking lot spaces for them. One of the guys has been painting the spots so we can stencil them with "Team Member of the Month" and we're gonna add our company emblem to them too. Yesterday I made a stencil for the O'Reilly "O" out of masonite. Nothing special, but it was fun making it, and I got to play with my jigsaw...

IMG_1974.JPG

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jscott said:

having to do it in sections because of our great Michigan weather lol. Forgot to get pics before we ripped off the old roof but got some pictures of the progress..

0624171256.jpg

0624171508.jpg

0624171806.jpg

Yeah our Michigan weather is bipolar.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

Nice job. Love the metal roof. Wish my town would let me put on a metal roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks.... They are all over around me(SW MI), also metal roofs get a home owners insurance break here too.

• Like 1

Had a blast setting this glulam beam. It's the first of roughly 30 to set. The seat cut fit perfectly on the first one, we shall see how they go the rest of the way. The tools used on this, spud wrench by Klein, DeWalt 1/2" impact, Milwaukee Fuel 1/4" Impact, Bosch angle finder, Stabila 4' level, plumb bob, common sense

IMG_1024.JPG

• Like 2

Tuesday: Ex-horse stall into a bathroom and laundry. All to code, if anyone was wondering. inspected and passed no problem

IMG_20170627_162932352_HDR

Wednesday: Another underground plumbing install, missed getting the finished pic, a brand new house we'll be doing the plumbing and HVAC at.

Concrete guys sets their forms ALMOST in the way, but i had spray painted a location we need to be so they stayed to the right of our work. I didn't understand why the builder wanted us to do the underground before the foundation walls were up, but as long as they don't hit our pipes, should be ok

Screenshot_20170701-105741

Screenshot_20170701-105721

Thurdsay: these guys sent me a Pick Up stix to try out: so so much easier moving a toilet around, with or without the tank on the bowl   http://www.pickupstix.ca/

IMG_20170629_140723997

• Like 2

I got to set some pre-hung doors for a buddy today. Tools used: paslode 16g cordless nailer, stabila 16", 32", 78" levels,  pry bar and multi tool for cutting shims. Not really liking the paslodes anymore, I'm debating about getting DEWALT or Milwaukee cordless nailers. 

Not really a work thing today, just trying to clean and organize my garage. As you can see in this small sample sized photo, I just have stuff all over at the moment. Unfortunately, I live In hail country during the summer, so I have to have space in the garage to pull a car in. Otherwise, I would probably never have the miter saw or table saw folded up against the wall. Also, I feel like I do this about monthly... then I buy something new and start the process all over again trying to create room and remaining organized. The life of a craftsman.. I guess?

IMG_1031.JPG

• Like 2

13 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

Not really a work thing today, just trying to clean and organize my garage. As you can see in this small sample sized photo, I just have stuff all over at the moment. Unfortunately, I live In hail country during the summer, so I have to have space in the garage to pull a car in. Otherwise, I would probably never have the miter saw or table saw folded up against the wall. Also, I feel like I do this about monthly... then I buy something new and start the process all over again trying to create room and remaining organized. The life of a craftsman.. I guess?

IMG_1031.JPG

My garage is the same way bro a total mess at the moment

On 7/3/2017 at 9:52 AM, FrosBros82 said:

Also, I feel like I do this about monthly...

You know...you're not the only one. My garage looks like a demented game of Tetris with how everything is puzzle-pieced together. The way shit is built you have to be a rocket scientist and have 3 hands to take it apart any time you want to redo anything. It's the only way I can manage to fit two cars in there. I actually had to completely rebuild "my side" of the garage so I could fit my car in. Which brings me to my tail of adventure for today...

In my boredom today I thought I'd go into the garage and play with some tools just for shits and giggles. Was planning to rehang my vac hose so I set out to do it. Managed to bring down a shelf while I was doing it...which was holding the corner of another shelf...and also made me learn that apparently I'm stronger than EZ-Anchors. It's also funny how you can find stuff you forgot about when it's all scattered across the garage floor. Anyhoo, rebuilt that with the help of the wife because I had to hold the shelves with one hand and operate tools with the other. Awesome wife.

Got reorganized and hung the vac hose, then did what I originally was planning to do...get the planer out and make a huge woodchip mess. Gotta say...it really impresses me at how much something as simple as a thickness planer can make me as giddy as a pig-tailed little schoolgirl with ice cream and new barrettes. When the wood comes out all clean and flat and pretty it makes me happy. I must really love tools

• Like 2

Been working on this drawing today for a side job I have. I hope to start building it soon. Just using our old tv as a second larger screen for a bit. The desk is one I built 4 years ago. I'm at that point where I get to figure up materials. I will be using my new spreadsheet I created which happens to include a prototype of a logo a friend of mine is making for me. image.thumb.jpeg.b66a4b8a4a4fcc74bc86f7439b9f59bb.jpeg

• Like 2