What do you drive?

electromage

49 minutes ago, EEtwidget said:

I sold my 2010 RAM and picked up this 1986 4Runner. 

5vzfe engine swap with TRD supercharger. Headers, intake, exhaust.

long travel front suspension with custom fiberglass hood & fenders. Dual battery system, winch, CB/HAM.

IMG_7919.JPGIMG_7921.JPGIMG_7972.JPGIMG_7922.JPGIMG_7748.JPG

i preform a lot of recoverys. Always saving someone in need

All it's missing is a snorkel. Damn nice looking and built rig you got there.

I sold my 2010 RAM and picked up this 1986 4Runner. 

5vzfe engine swap with TRD supercharger. Headers, intake, exhaust.

long travel front suspension with custom fiberglass hood & fenders. Dual battery system, winch, CB/HAM.

IMG_7919.JPGIMG_7921.JPGIMG_7972.JPGIMG_7922.JPGIMG_7748.JPG

i preform a lot of recoverys. Always saving someone in need

[emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 12/11/2016 at 9:22 PM, Stercorarius said:

All it's missing is a snorkel. Damn nice looking and built rig you got there.

Its missing swaybars and inner fenders but I consider those 'optional' anyway. I'm probably not going to install a snorkel, the supercharger tends to collapse them. 

I just upgraded to an odyssey battery. I'm thinking my alternator is bad though as voltage lags under load. ?

Had to preform parking lot modifications to get the battery to fit. New one was slightly bigger. Luckily I've got a lightly used snapon toolbox @ work. Saw/file... good enough till I can fab a bracket.

IMG_8088.JPG

• Like 2

I found one of my old cars, I owned 3 of these at one time.....(one was full race competition series as why my screen name is comp56)  .all before the internet rage and taking pics of everything but here is one I built in 1991 from the ground up I sold it in 1999 and lost track of it.....I am pleased to see it in great shape still.

15577821_1225200947526433_875702923_n.jpg

15497817_1225202190859642_1904074855_n.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My current every day is a 04 mazda 3 i bought for scrap and rebuilt with my brother in laws help. Sold my pick up a month ago and am gonna get a new truck. Then sell this mazda for some profit. Then after i do all that i might get a sport type car to tinker with. Already miss not having a truck so hopefully i find something good soon. 

That front bumper looks nice [mention=55298]NicolasRamos[/mention] !!

Thanks! I have a love hate relationship with that damn front replacement. I had been wanting to get a Fusion bumper for a while, but if it ain't broke don't fix it right. Well after the accident I had the opportunity to order something else. Another frontier gear ranch bumper would have been $1,200 dollars, and a fusion was $1,600. I was ready to pay the difference, but half the Cummins trucks in my area all run Fusion bumpers. I wanted to find something different, but still clean/modern, and found Trail ready bumpers made this for my truck. $1,400 wasn't so bad, until it arrived, in 5 different pieces! The truck accessory place didn't list the fact that this bumper was "modular" which meant bolt together. They told me 5 weeks to build, so I thought complete bumper. Shame on me for not doing enough research. Well it arrived at the body shop on a palate, with no assembly hardware! My body shop called to say that I needed to come look at the bumper to make sure it was what I wanted. I didn't understand what it meant till I got there and saw the pieces on the floor. ?‍♂️. Called and complained about the fact that it wasn't made aware to me that it would be a bolt together item. They informed me that if I wanted a credit I would have to pay for the return freight of $750. I kept the damn thing but demanded the hardware. I'm gonna take a grinder too it in the spring and strip it. My buddy who is a welder is going to weld it together, and my body shop is going to color match it. I love the way it looks, but if I had known it wasn't a one piece thing I would have just sprung for the fusion. You live and you learn.

c'est la vie
-Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 8:19 AM, wildroamer said:

My 2013 XLT short bed. Pic is when I first got her, done some modding since.

BEST mod was easily the Livernois Motorsports tune! 3.5 liter twin turbo EcoBoost. Heavy on the boost, eco not so much...

IMG_20170204_111950246.thumb.jpg.d8b444bf65cb5203bd51ae119a4bab35.jpg

I keep my car for construction work cause it gets good mpg which makes running it cheaper than a pickup and allows me to save more money for tools. Around $25 bux a tank every few weeks (ethanol free fuel of course) isn't bad. MORE POWA tm isn't bad either. Makes it more fun to drive right?

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 9:30 AM, tugnut1 said:

I may have already posted here, but I just gave my truck a facelift.

2007 SR5 Toyota Tundra with the 4.7 Liter engine. Just over 100,000 miles.

59243988b7554_truck1.thumb.jpg.b71072caa2bd5ff4208653b036a24420.jpgtruck.thumb.jpg.2784c62cc42239233dbb92aa817831cf.jpg

I'm blacking out my badges next bro! Those wheels are quite nice too!

• Like 1

I'm currently driving a 1996 Chevy C1500 Silverado, 5.0L V8 Vortec quickly working it's way up to 300K miles. It's a pain in the ass some times but I've learned a lot from it including how to replace a starter, oxygen sensors (and why I hate them), and it's the first vehicle I've changed the oil myself. Changing the oil is what really sparked my interest in tools because I obviously needed wrenches and sockets to complete the task. :D

On 5/31/2017 at 4:47 PM, Jronman said:

I keep my car for construction work cause it gets good mpg which makes running it cheaper than a pickup and allows me to save more money for tools. Around $25 bux a tank every few weeks (ethanol free fuel of course) isn't bad. MORE POWA tm isn't bad either. Makes it more fun to drive right?

25 bucks a tank sounds nice.

My truck has a 48 gallon diesel tank an my welder has a 20 gallon diesel tank. I have got everything from 8 to 15 mpg. 

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

My wife insisted I get a fun car. I don't know how the heck to get it home now. It won't fit in my Tundra ?

IMG_0975.JPG

Maybe the fun part is trying to drive 2 vehicles home..... drive each one a little and walk back to get the other ....

????????

seriously drive safe and enjoy !!!!!

• Like 1