What New Tools and Ideas Would You Guys Love to See Ego Add To Their Lineup of Tools

DR99

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old thread I contributed to a couple years ago! Ego has made some significant moves since then but we still are not seeing the full range of products available outside the US. However, they are expected here this year. The new commercial line that is, which includes a beast of a brushcutter with bike handles, a 26 amp hour backpack battery (9 hours runtime) and some crazy strong 650 CFM blowers:

BC3800E_Primary_0.png

BCA1200_Primary.png

BCX3800-1_11.28.jpg

G1 Backpack-2_0.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

2 stage snowblower coming. It will have powered wheelsWith limited slip differential, lights, steel auger, and 50’ throwing distance. There will possibly be an update to the single stage as well.

The vac sounds nice. I’d like the vac to be more of a “dust extractor” style of vac. It is unlikely because most homeowner don’t want to pay a large amount for a vac.

20 hours ago, Jronman said:

single stage is getting a metal auger upgrade and a new 40' throw distance rating

Yes, it should be a great upgrade.  I have the old one and love it.  I just hope they do something to adjust the skid plate.  Tired of hitting the bumps on my sidewalk.

8 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

Yes, it should be a great upgrade.  I have the old one and love it.  I just hope they do something to adjust the skid plate.  Tired of hitting the bumps on my sidewalk.

Yeah thats my biggest complaint with it. Otherwise it works great for my snow clients.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

2 1/2 years later and the brush cutter still hasn’t made it to the US.  I just got the two stage snowblower and I was looking at converting the rest of my OPE tools to the Ego platform, but I may have to wait and use my Stihl gas brushcutter a while longer or use Makita for the brush cutter. I was really hoping to stick with one platform. 

• 1 month later...
  • A smaller strimmer for lawn edging would be useful.
  • Also while most Ego tools pack more than enough power, the brush cutter really can’t compete with petrol, not even close. So a more more powerful variant would be great.
  • A blower with suction capabilities 
  • A smaller model mower for the smallest urban lawns, say... 30-35cm cutting width

• 4 weeks later...

We don't have the brush cutter in North America.Are you using the Brush Cutter from the commercial line or the residential line?

On another note, I would like to see a standalone light. Maybe a single battery option and a 4 battery option. Single battery option could be a Rover style light. Basically something small and compact but still outputting a good amount of light. The light should also have optimal color accuracy Like you get with Festool and Milwaukee. Maybe it would offer something in the 10,000 lumen range. The 4 battery option could have a built in charger like the Nexus but lack the power ports. Maybe it would be more like the Rocket style of light and have similar lumen ratings. Maybe it could offer 30k lumens just to flex at Milwaukee's 27k lumens.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...