Veteran Discounts

Petro0311

FYI for you guys that buy lumber regularly. I was at Lowes today and the military discount does not apply to lumber. I was told the discount "cannot be used on any sale item or with any other discount, major appliances, lumber, plywood, OSB or gift cards.

On 3/18/2023 at 12:35 AM, RT29 said:

FYI for you guys that buy lumber regularly. I was at Lowes today and the military discount does not apply to lumber. I was told the discount "cannot be used on any sale item or with any other discount, major appliances, lumber, plywood, OSB or gift cards.

Yeah, it sucks, but I don't think the military discount applies to lumber at Home Depot either.  Lowe's did offer the discount for sale items years ago; I got one of my DeWalt OMTs with a free 6Ah battery and still got the discount, but that was in 2016 or so.  

What's really bad is that it was us (vets) that made retailers crack down so much.  I've always been kind of ho hum when it comes to discounts and free stuff (like Veteran's Day meals and such), but Lowe's and Home Depot (and Sears when they were still around) have always been stores that I've taken advantage of.  Of course, I was active duty until a few months ago and had the ID card to show that.  I've heard of people throwing tantrums because their VA ID card wasn't accepted, or an expired ID or torn up DD-214 (discharge record) was rejected.  Sadly, it's often those who didn't serve honorably, or who were released early, who make a bad name for all of us and who cry loudest when their "hard-earned" discount is denied.  

• Like 2

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ballen1114
    Newest Member
    Ballen1114