What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Thanks guys ya I couldnt pass on any of it the rafter squares was a 2 pack for $4 bucks the laser level was $20 and the glue gun and extra sticks was $6 so ya $30 plus tax

7 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I don't often install mold but when I do I prefer a Chinese knock off nailer equipped with a manual full of typos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

?

Funny timing. We ordered Chinese for dinner tonight. We order from them a couple times a month. If we tell them we'll pick it up at 5:30 they will call you at 5:32 wondering where you are. If you show up at 5:28 they will comment that you are early. 

She literally called me 3 minutes after the pick up time and said "Where you be?"

They have about 6 kids that all have to hang out in the lobby from the time school lets out until close. When you pull in, they pick up all their shit and run into the back, and as soon as you leave, they all come back. 

Certain menu items literally say "No MSG best health for you body"

I love these people. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

?

Funny timing. We ordered Chinese for dinner tonight. We order from them a couple times a month. If we tell them we'll pick it up at 5:30 they will call you at 5:32 wondering where you are. If you show up at 5:28 they will comment that you are early. 

She literally called me 3 minutes after the pick up time and said "Where you be?"

They have about 6 kids that all have to hang out in the lobby from the time school lets out until close. When you pull in, they pick up all their shit and run into the back, and as soon as you leave, they all come back. 

Certain menu items literally say "No MSG best health for you body"

I love these people. 

haha there is a small hole in the wall Chinese place that we have gotten food from for about 20 years, the elderly couple that run it are getting old, they went from open everyday to only open tues-Sat don't know what we will do if they close shop 

6 hours ago, comp56 said:

got all of this today from Home Depot clearance shelf for $33 total

20170322_200619.jpg

Those might be the nicest looking speed squares I have ever laid eyes on. I really like that it has the pencil notches like a Swanson. My shitty Empire 7" square doesn't have them. However, I think the Johnson "Johnny Square" might be the best design. It's black, which is cool, but it also has pencil notches the full length similar to the 12" Dewalt, which I flind to be very useful. 

IMG_6972.JPG.fa6cadc655de5b68d08a15e93d7e717f.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Those might be the nicest looking speed squares I have ever laid eyes on. I really like that it has the pencil notches like a Swanson. My shitty Empire 7" square doesn't have them. However, I think the Johnson "Johnny Square" might be the best design. It's black, which is cool, but it also has pencil notches the full length similar to the 12" Dewalt, which I flind to be very useful. 

I have a Johnson made Craftsman 7".... It's far better than any other, and got it for $3 at Ace, shoulda brought 5 more!... The pencil notches alone make it awesome but the added bottle opener just sets it off!!!

https://m.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35554456&KPID=18611062&cid=CAPLA:G:Shopping_-_Craftsman_-_New_-_Mobile&pla=pla_18611062&k_clickid=3003c4f8-6c51-40d9-a3c9-0b0ccd412207

46 minutes ago, Cr8ondt said:

I have a Johnson made Craftsman 7".... It's far better than any other, and got it for $3 at Ace, shoulda brought 5 more!... The pencil notches alone make it awesome but the added bottle opener just sets it off!!!

https://m.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35554456&KPID=18611062&cid=CAPLA:G:Shopping_-_Craftsman_-_New_-_Mobile&pla=pla_18611062&k_clickid=3003c4f8-6c51-40d9-a3c9-0b0ccd412207

That is cool. I never need a bottle opener really, but that is a sweet variation. I prefer colored squares  because they are easier to read. If your square was black or red it might be a perfect specimen 

16 hours ago, comp56 said:

Thanks guys ya I couldnt pass on any of it the rafter squares was a 2 pack for $4 bucks the laser level was $20 and the glue gun and extra sticks was $6 so ya $30 plus tax

next time if you can take a pic of the prices,  another member posted an item they bought on clearance at their home depot, i went to my Local store and showed them the pic and they matched it, those squares are lookin awesome!.

Been looking for a 7 with notches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 18v Fuel Surge/Hammer drill just arrived today from Tool Barn, and it's accompanying my 18v sub-compact set I recently bought with the free 2.0 battery from HD (I used to work at Lowe's, but screw it; we should have done everything possible to retain both Makita and Milwaukee!) as well as my Triple Hammer. I absolutely love the impacts from both the Makita and Milwaukee sets (the assist mode on the Makita is unbelievably smooth, while the Surge is a blast to use with the reduced noise; much quieter than it seems in videos).

Fastening class of 2016!

tools.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/22/2017 at 11:15 AM, dwasifar said:

Well, I had good luck with the el cheapo Wen brad nailer, so I thought I might give another el cheapo nailer a try:

nailer.thumb.png.b7f0c0b8118f842ed0e9f357888757f5.png

IMG_20170321_210036-2.thumb.jpg.320173839a890a27bb985a5358cb1d66.jpg

This 15 gauge pneumatic nailer is a product of the world's number one leader in professional quality tools, "3Plus."  :P

I don't know how it's going to be.  Amazon reviews were mostly positive.  I don't do a whole lot of finish nailing, and for $75 it's worth trying before spending $140 on a Hitachi.  

The box has some interesting errors:

nailerbox.thumb.jpg.3a510e879737449730b136ea163fadf3.jpg

My experience is that mold attaches itself to surfaces without the need for nails.  

As to the fasteners, I'm pretty sure it's impossible for it to take more than one gauge of nails.  Nothing in the manual says anything about 11ga nails.  Cut and paste error perhaps.

We'll see how it is.

Lol mold does have a mind of its own