What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

17 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Got a second centipede.

0e6e929b7bcc19e6860686c2f78f832f.jpg

I might have sold my Hitachi...4e2b2566bd44116244f4351641172308.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have that miter saw and love it. Did you change the blade, I put a Diablo 80 tooth on it and it cuts greats. The Centipede is on my list. 

I have that miter saw and love it. Did you change the blade, I put a Diablo 80 tooth on it and it cuts greats. The Centipede is on my list. 

I had the Freud industrial 80 the thin kerf blade on my Hitachi. It will go on this one as well. Just bought some heavy duty simple green to clean the blade first. c0452b1e6b6be579865db82649126151.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Today I bought the worst kind of tools. Well, the worst kind to use anyway.

My digging tool selection is pretty dated and consists mostly of stuff older than me that was given to me years ago. Plus I found my hoe and the only round point shovel I had was laying over the hill all winter from one of Conductor Jr's excavation projects. I was gonna pick up a new mattock, but they were out of the Razorbacks, so I decided to wait. 

IMG_6986.thumb.JPG.fea67e53539e68b10da52e8e6af68244.JPG

Also, if you guys haven't tried it yet, the 3M Pro Grade Precision sandpaper is fantastic for hand or block applications. Probably the best I've ever used. Got a rubber backing that's far better than paper backed and it does last forever. It's all I'll buy from now on.

IMG_6987.thumb.JPG.978b045c75ca55cd7bb50599642bfe4f.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Today I bought the worst kind of tools. Well, the worst kind to use anyway.

My digging tool selection is pretty dated and consists mostly of stuff older than me that was given to me years ago. Plus I found my hoe and the only round point shovel I had was laying over the hill all winter from one of Conductor Jr's excavation projects. I was gonna pick up a new mattock, but they were out of the Razorbacks, so I decided to wait. 

IMG_6986.thumb.JPG.fea67e53539e68b10da52e8e6af68244.JPG

Also, if you guys haven't tried it yet, the 3M Pro Grade Precision sandpaper is fantastic for hand or block applications. Probably the best I've ever used. Got a rubber backing that's far better than paper backed and it does last forever. It's all I'll buy from now on.

IMG_6987.thumb.JPG.978b045c75ca55cd7bb50599642bfe4f.JPG

I use all razorback stuff on my fence crews - I love it and best thing is if anything breaks just bring it back no questions asked you get brand new one.

I just picked up a DCS361 Sliding Miter, DCF620, DCS551, and a DCF887. So far only have used the miter saw and I must saw this will complement my DWS780 nicely, I mounted it to my miter stand and been using it for my remodel. I like how it's not plugged in and I don't have to worry about tripping over a power cord there are enough tripping hazards in the room :)

• Like 3

So Sears royal pissed me off by taking 17 days to deal with my Witte screwdriver order and they casually email me today to tell me the cancelled it. Every other time I've ordered it's shipped from Knipex so I'm guessing they're pulling out because Sears/Kmart is slowly crashing and burning. I ended up with $30 in ShopYourWay points once they refunded the points from the Witte order and I had $4 in surprise points for orders at Sears over $25. After literally searching for 2 hours I finally found something worth buying that used up all of my regular points and wasn't Craftsman.

I picked up the Wera Kraftform Plus 6 pc. Screwdriver Set for $31.44. Now I get to play the waiting game and see if it actually shows up on the 3rd or if it follows this same disaster route the Witte stuff did. If this gets cancelled I'm going to get some Gearwrench 1/4" drive sockets or some Sunex impact sockets and just keep repeating this search and order process until I finally get my $30 worth of products and it's on my doorstep.

58d9dd90cc44f_ScreenShot2017-03-27at11_45_12PM.thumb.png.1ed75a58f950e6cf9df497b2c10b0270.png

22 minutes ago, jtkendall said:

So Sears royal pissed me off by taking 17 days to deal with my Witte screwdriver order and they casually email me today to tell me the cancelled it. Every other time I've ordered it's shipped from Knipex so I'm guessing they're pulling out because Sears/Kmart is slowly crashing and burning. I ended up with $30 in ShopYourWay points once they refunded the points from the Witte order and I had $4 in surprise points for orders at Sears over $25. After literally searching for 2 hours I finally found something worth buying that used up all of my regular points and wasn't Craftsman.

I picked up the Wera Kraftform Plus 6 pc. Screwdriver Set for $31.44. Now I get to play the waiting game and see if it actually shows up on the 3rd or if it follows this same disaster route the Witte stuff did. If this gets cancelled I'm going to get some Gearwrench 1/4" drive sockets or some Sunex impact sockets and just keep repeating this search and order process until I finally get my $30 worth of products and it's on my doorstep.

I have no doubt those will get to you. Sears stopped drop shipping Witte and Knipex, that's what the issue is...terrible way for them to handle it, which is pretty much what you should expect from Sears.

Every time Sears pisses me off I remind myself how much stuff I get for under cost and am glad to contribute to them losing money.

• Like 1

I searched my property and some of the neighboring woods yesterday for the remainder of my missing lawn &a garden tools and came up with nothing. There are at least 2 shovels, a garden rake, a mattock, and an axe missing. The axe is the only tool that really concerns me out of the bunch, but the kids swear they don't know anything about it. 

I'll get a new mattock and rake one day this week, but I did take this opportunity to go ahead and order a new axe. I don't use an axe much, and only for stuff I can't get to with a chainsaw, but I wanted something a little nicer than the standard $30 hardware store offerings.

Found this Husqvarna A1400 for $76 and decided to give it a try. There's not much out there in terms of reviews, but I'd never seen one like it in the wild and thought it looked cool if nothing else

IMG_6991.JPG.687e15793649b8edaeedad11dc937e1f.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

I searched my property and some of the neighboring woods yesterday for the remainder of my missing lawn &a garden tools and came up with nothing. There are at least 2 shovels, a garden rake, a mattock, and an axe missing. The axe is the only tool that really concerns me out of the bunch, but the kids swear they don't know anything about it. 

I'll get a new mattock and rake one day this week, but I did take this opportunity to go ahead and order a new axe. I don't use an axe much, and only for stuff I can't get to with a chainsaw, but I wanted something a little nicer than the standard $30 hardware store offerings.

Found this Husqvarna A1400 for $76 and decided to give it a try. There's not much out there in terms of reviews, but I'd never seen one like it in the wild and thought it looked cool if nothing else

IMG_6991.JPG.687e15793649b8edaeedad11dc937e1f.JPG

if anything, you'll have the best lookin ax on the block.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlaveNico said:

if anything, you'll have the best lookin ax on the block.

That's right. Sometimes aesthetics are important ?

44 minutes ago, comp56 said:

where is the gas cap?

Amen! Axe's are too much like real work for me in 95% of situations. The only time I use an axe is when a chainsaw won't work, usually when it's too far overhead for my comfort level or when cutting out roots that will kill my chain.

This is a lighter ~3 lb. general purpose axe and even then, a tool of last resort. When I was researching this thing I watched a couple videos of some ol'boy testing splitting axes. Exerted more physical effort in a 5 minute video than I do in 6 months. Poor guy, made me want to take up a collection to get him a splitter. 

Some people enjoy that shit, but Conductor's lazy ass prefers modern technology for shit like that. 

On 3/28/2017 at 0:15 AM, BMack37 said:

I have no doubt those will get to you. Sears stopped drop shipping Witte and Knipex, that's what the issue is...terrible way for them to handle it, which is pretty much what you should expect from Sears.

Every time Sears pisses me off I remind myself how much stuff I get for under cost and am glad to contribute to them losing money.

They've actually shipped already so that's a positive. I also found out that apparently they were on sale so I got an even better deal on them.

58db3a736c838_ScreenShot2017-03-29at12_37_55AM.thumb.png.68854600278958cab5196904b6e0973a.png

• Like 3