What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

39 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

This weekend, picked up this brad nailer...been looking for a good deal on one for a couple months

FBGikOv.jpg

Brad nail assortment from Amazon and Witte insulated screwdrivers gifted from Sears.

Tcnmywz.jpg

I have the same gun. It's the previous rendition without the rafter hook though. 2 drops of oil for each use and it's shot thousands of brads over 10 years or so. I had to order a replacement rubber tips and wrap the handle in duct tapes because the old ones deteriorated, but can't complain about that. 

I would like something with a more precision tip, but as long as this one is still doing the job, I'll stick with it I suppose.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

I have the same gun. It's the previous rendition without the rafter hook though. 2 drops of oil for each use and it's shot thousands of brads over 10 years or so. I had to order a replacement rubber tips and wrap the handle in duct tapes because the old ones deteriorated, but can't complain about that. 

I would like something with a more precision tip, but as long as this one is still doing the job, I'll stick with it I suppose.

I can see how the handle will deteriorate, who thought it was a good idea to wrap it in soft foam? Thanks for the confidence booster, I went with a brand I recognized and feel of quality. I didn't want to spend a lot so I was looking at cheaper options like CH, Hitachi(which is cheap 2nd hand), Bostitich, etc... I've used it already, building a toy box for my dog, it seems like a nice nailer with plenty of power. I probably won't use it half as much as you do so that's a damn great endorsement! 

Today I rolled the dice a little. Last tile project I did (6-8 months ago) I burnt up the older 1/2" B&D drill I used as a mixer. It was a plain 11 amp hammer drill, beat to shit, and not worth saving. I chucked it and decided to replace it when needed.

Mom has been wanting her bathroom redone, so I figured I'd go ahead and get one. Laying tile 3-4 times a year, I really don't need a good mixing drill, which probably explains why the old one lasted as long as it did, but at the same time, I hate cheap tools. 

I thought about a used one, but most that I found were WELL used and had enough thin set on them to tile a closet, so I decided against that.

While looking on eBay I found a Dewalt DW130V for $99.

IMG_7015.thumb.PNG.7b2ec2c4d238f9536c4c48a75033112b.PNG

Seeing how this is a $180 drill, I was a little suspicious. The listing stated it was New and not a recon'd tool, and showed more than 10 available. US Seller (California), but also mentioned something about a stapler. All other details were correct. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122426463883 

My biggest concern is that the seller has a zero feedback score. Ultimately I decided to give it a shot. I have enough faith in PayPal to take a $99 gamble. I'll give it a good look see when it arrives and let you know. Well, if it arrives ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Today I rolled the dice a little. Last tile project I did (6-8 months ago) I burnt up the older 1/2" B&D drill I used as a mixer. It was a plain 11 amp hammer drill, beat to shit, and not worth saving. I chucked it and decided to replace it when needed.

Mom has been wanting her bathroom redone, so I figured I'd go ahead and get one. Laying tile 3-4 times a year, I really don't need a good mixing drill, which probably explains why the old one lasted as long as it did, but at the same time, I hate cheap tools. 

I thought about a used one, but most that I found were WELL used and had enough thin set on them to tile a closet, so I decided against that.

While looking on eBay I found a Dewalt DW130V for $99.

IMG_7015.thumb.PNG.7b2ec2c4d238f9536c4c48a75033112b.PNG

Seeing how this is a $180 drill, I was a little suspicious. The listing stated it was New and not a recon'd tool, and showed more than 10 available. US Seller (California), but also mentioned something about a stapler. All other details were correct. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122426463883 

My biggest concern is that the seller has a zero feedback score. Ultimately I decided to give it a shot. I have enough faith in PayPal to take a $99 gamble. I'll give it a good look see when it arrives and let you know. Well, if it arrives ?

That listing has been removed. Sounds like there was some funny business. 

Finally the taps back I can upload stuff!! Took advantage of amazon gold box a few days ago and picked up this beast
a537cae9d01f67e502c4b71c601851b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so jealous and pissed I missed this, been looking at that polisher for years and for that special price I would have jump all over it like a fat kid in a candy store! But at the same time it been a crazy month for me and buying new tools.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bought a new blade for my Ryobi bandsaw in hopes that it makes resawing easier. The stock blade is 1/8" or 1/4" wide so I bought the max size it would accept a whopping 3/8" wide blade. I also picked up a Gearwrench T15 bit socket, both from Sears using ShopYourWay points… and $6.25 shipping.

IMG_8356.thumb.JPG.52c1537e23605227a223aba1c87d98c7.JPG

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jtkendall said:

Bought a new blade for my Ryobi bandsaw in hopes that it makes resawing easier. The stock blade is 1/8" or 1/4" wide so I bought the max size it would accept a whopping 3/8" wide blade. I also picked up a Gearwrench T15 bit socket, both from Sears using ShopYourWay points… and $6.25 shipping.

wider blades for resawing is not as important as TPI is for resawing you want to be around 3 or 4 TPI also most if not all North American made band saw blades made 1/2" or wider are made from 0.35" coil stock which can be taxing on smaller band saws with less than 1.5HP

10 hours ago, jtkendall said:

Let us know how you like the Powertec blade. I see them on ,Amazon for like $10 for a 93-1/2 inch blade. 

• Like 1

In the past two weeks I've splurged on tools.  Picked up a DeWalt DWX725B heavy duty work stand with miter saw brackets two weekends ago along with an 8v Max pivoting gyro screwdriver that had been a display.  The kit I already had came with two batteries, and the driver is one of my go-to cordless tools so I figured it was worth $20.  

This past weekend I found three more Tough System radios, grabbed another DWX725B, and found a DCD985 hammer drill on clearance.  Also, I picked up the DeWalt cordless drywall cutout tool and used it and the screwgun with collated screw adapter quite a bit.  Picked up another t-square to speed things up as well as a second set of Crescent Code Red nail puller pliers: www.amazon.com/Crescent-NP11-11-Inch-Pulling-Pliers/dp/B008NM6VAA

The manufactured home I'm hanging drywall in has thousands of staples in the studs.  Those Code Red pullers work extremely well with minimal hand fatigue.

On 4/5/2017 at 10:08 AM, khariV said:

That listing has been removed. Sounds like there was some funny business. 

No response from the seller, but he has another identical listing posted. I spoke with PayPal about it. If I haven't received anything in 10 days they'll refund me.

• Like 1