What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

5 hours ago, ChrisK said:

A couple of years ago I used 3 on several cutting boards. No de lamination at all so I keep a gallon in my shop. I use 2 more often but for some projects just as comp says, setting time is fantastic.

Shelf life of 3 ?

1 hour ago, Foneguy said:

Shelf life of 3 ?

shelf life of any titebond glue is as long as it is liquid and “If it pours, it’s probably good. best storage is in the fridge or a cool dry place once opened, freezing is frowned upon 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, comp56 said:

strength is better, open time is better

I wasn't very sure about the differences. I know lll is Foodsafe and Steve Ramsey doesn't like it because it's harder to sand off the excess, but I'd be open to giving it a shot.

I got the Dewalt 20v brushless blower kit this morning at HD28ed607e9890465e1f3c8bc192f7af2f.jpg2a4ea26564592cf2e328fc07dd98bb14.jpg

The kit came with another 5.0 battery so bam! Also, yes...my Flexvolt batteries fit in there just fine so I've got enough juice to run all day long with two 60v batteries and now four 5.0s :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Milwaukee sent me these, apparently from a little giveaway i forgot about haha

IMG_20170413_175134242

I know everyone has their own reservations about these, so all i can do is test and check the results..

Finally got this after waiting months because of some mess up through Toolbarn, 

Got this drop head to put a larger knife on to chew through solidified grease in kitchen lines, then i'll weld it onto my existing 25' cable to double the length, not sure, but all i can do it try it! Of course, since i keep my m12 auger in a bucket, it only made sense to the the organizer for rags, heads, gloves, etc

IMG_20170414_173400606

DeWalt sent me a couple things, can you believe it! haha

This tape will be available this July in USA, available May in Canada ..

only downside is no numbers on the bottom

IMG_20170414_142024587

They sent me these as well, pretty excited to try these out, wish i could have had access to them in person when they first came out, but Home Depot skipped town, and Lowes doesnt carry them:

IMG_20170413_074943833

• Like 7

Picked up this little addition to my collection this week to make a job easier.  It didn't work quite like I hoped it would but I'm sure it'll come in handy other places.  I really needed a second right angle impact wrench but I bought this for half the price and to have a different tool with a little different capabilities it was worth it.

20170413_174210.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Milwaukee sent me these, apparently from a little giveaway i forgot about haha

IMG_20170413_175134242

I know everyone has their own reservations about these, so all i can do is test and check the results..

I'm soo glad you won these because when I saw you post about them I thought you bought some! Hopefully at some point there will be a standard tracker for electronics/tools/whatever.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

I wasn't very sure about the differences. I know lll is Foodsafe and Steve Ramsey doesn't like it because it's harder to sand off the excess, but I'd be open to giving it a shot.

for flat end for end board glue ups ( or anywhere you know glue will be squeezed out) I use the masking tape trick. i put boards in place with clamps (no glue) I then cover the joint with tape 1" or wider. I then cut the tape along joint and release and put glue on as usual and clamp I wait about 1/2 hour and peel tape off that might have the glue that squeezed out and starts to harden on top of tape, no fuse no muss and saves on sanding especially if you are dealing with something you don't want or can't sand much....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I'm soo glad you won these because when I saw you post about them I thought you bought some! Hopefully at some point there will be a standard tracker for electronics/tools/whatever.

Yeah I thought they were just going to send one single tick...

• Like 1

Picked up this little addition to my collection this week to make a job easier.  It didn't work quite like I hoped it would but I'm sure it'll come in handy other places.  I really needed a second right angle impact wrench but I bought this for half the price and to have a different tool with a little different capabilities it was worth it.
20170413_174210.thumb.jpg.1393eeda0c03266a456b40f54166d92c.jpg

Love my m12 ratchet, it's great for assembly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I needed 4 u bolt to hold the locks into the 2 Ridgid Boxes I recently bought as they were missing. Ridgid said to contact Knaack for parts. Knaack wanted 11.00 for 1 U bolt and 2 nylon stop nuts.  I picked up the wire rope clamps for 1.48 a two pack. 

The WD-40 Gel I picked up for table saw, jointer and my Stanley clamps. The clamps got a lot of surface rust on them over the rainy winter we had. I have a lot of wire wheeling to do.

The saw horses were a good deal at 30.00 a piece, not worth making my own.

IMG_5593.JPG

IMG_5594.JPG

IMG_5595.JPG

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, SetBuilder said:

I needed 4 u bolt to hold the locks into the 2 Ridgid Boxes I recently bought as they were missing. Ridgid said to contact Knaack for parts. Knaack wanted 11.00 for 1 U bolt and 2 nylon stop nuts.  I picked up the wire rope clamps for 1.48 a two pack. 

The WD-40 Gel I picked up for table saw, jointer and my Stanley clamps. The clamps got a lot of surface rust on them over the rainy winter we had. I have a lot of wire wheeling to do.

The saw horses were a good deal at 30.00 a piece, not worth making my own.

IMG_5593.JPG

IMG_5594.JPG

IMG_5595.JPG

Love those horses!  Good stuff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rfwjr said:

I ordered this a few weeks ago when Woodcraft had their 10% off Rikon sale.  Just picked it up this week. I was torn  between this and the DeWalt 735 but went with this for the helical head.  It cuts really smooth.

58f4d95fc9e2e_Rikonplaner2.jpg.c32563082bfbb167d6799fec20474329.jpg

That is a damn nice pickup!

• Like 1

On 4/16/2017 at 11:21 PM, BMack37 said:

When you have three coupons and SYW points to use at Sears but don't really want anything but can't turn down free

id buy a complete set of punches and chisels if you are running out of things to buy. i cant seem to win anymore and gave up on the syw points

• Like 1