What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

On 4/17/2017 at 10:05 AM, rfwjr said:

I ordered this a few weeks ago when Woodcraft had their 10% off Rikon sale.  Just picked it up this week. I was torn  between this and the DeWalt 735 but went with this for the helical head.  It cuts really smooth.

58f4d95fc9e2e_Rikonplaner2.jpg.c32563082bfbb167d6799fec20474329.jpg

nice planer. I would like to have gotten that one but couldn't justify the price vs the dewalt 734 with coupon. 

8 hours ago, rrich1 said:

id buy a complete set of punches and chisels if you are running out of things to buy. i cant seem to win anymore and gave up on the syw points

I was looking at them but they're Chinese made and I haven't seen them in person, it could be garbage for all I know, reviews are all over the place. I bought the Irwin chisel set, still waiting for it to be shipped to store. With the Lowe's coupon it came out to $35 for the four chisels and a 16oz bottle of wood glue, cheapest I could find the Irwin Marples chisels was $38. Couldn't tell if the Dewalts had a solid thru-tang striking cap.

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

I was looking at them but they're Chinese made and I haven't seen them in person, it could be garbage for all I know, reviews are all over the place. I bought the Irwin chisel set, still waiting for it to be shipped to store. With the Lowe's coupon it came out to $35 for the four chisels and a 16oz bottle of wood glue, cheapest I could find the Irwin Marples chisels was $38. Couldn't tell if the Dewalts had a solid thru-tang striking cap.

my chisels are italian made. im sure your marples might be as well. im not sure about the full tang. post up some pics when you get them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bee-man said:

Man, I couldn't help it... there was a spring sale and I splurged. This saw is way overkill for my needs, but it was cheaper than the single 18V brushless saw. I'm just a home DIYer, but I love these teal tools. I'm such a tool poser, lol

nice pickups! 

7 hours ago, bee-man said:

Man, I couldn't help it... there was a spring sale and I splurged. This saw is way overkill for my needs, but it was cheaper than the single 18V brushless saw. I'm just a home DIYer, but I love these teal tools. I'm such a tool poser, lol

IMG_6331.JPG

Wow, awesome stuff! Where'd you get the tools at?

19 hours ago, rrich1 said:

my chisels are italian made. im sure your marples might be as well. im not sure about the full tang. post up some pics when you get them. 

Wait, I thought the Dewalts were made in Sheffield?

Today, I realized I have a Knipex problem, why buy a tongue and groove (even at half price) when I already have alligators and cobras?

myblqbd.jpg

• Like 1

Bought a couple of new blades and a 50 lb. bag of medium grade soda for my blaster today. After 5 months and a lot of laminate flooring, the OEM Dewalt blade on my 780 is toast. By the time I finished my crown there was smoke rolling off the cuts and burning on the edges. Even the utmost care wouldn't prevent it. I usually get rid of OEM blades immediately, but I rode this one out.

I decided to give the Diablo 60T combination blade a shot. I've always viewed combo blades as being for table and circ saws, but this one seems to have good reviews and is designed for miter saws, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Anybody used these? Went ahead and replaced my table saw blade too, but I went with the tried and true 40T General Purpose for that. 

IMG_7483.thumb.JPG.f0df874d9412a802d3d874b2ce9f02d5.JPG 

I also got my refund from PayPal on the Dewalt mixing drill I took a chance on for $99. Found a new one from a reputable seller for $140 and ordered it. Took a chance and got burned. Oh well, PayPal made it right and another is on it's way.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2017 at 2:46 AM, bee-man said:

IMG_6331.JPG

NICEEEEEEE i have the Black impact and LOVE it, same goes for the Blower. Picked up my blower at home depot when they were discontinuing them for 39.00

18 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Wait, I thought the Dewalts were made in Sheffield?

Today, I realized I have a Knipex problem, why buy a tongue and groove (even at half price) when I already have alligators and cobras?

I think you are right. They are not marked but I think they are made by Sheffield.

9 hours ago, ChrisK said:

I ended up getting a Grex pinner. I'd like to know your thoughts in the Cadex, they look like awesome guns.

I have a Grex Micro pinner and love it. We had Jitool at work and then got about 12 Grex. After using the Grex, I bought one for myself.

Grex and Cadex both seem top of the line, so I figured I'd give them a shot. Besides it came in a Systainer :)