What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Been eyeing one for some time, but today I finally ordered the Husqvarna 580BTS

IMG_7607.JPG.3ce4ab6f5cf95e8110d01276d7ec6a0e.JPG

It's big, heavy, loud, and moves over 900 cfm's. For the massive piles of leaves, clippings, and gravel, I need to move, I think it'll be just the ticket

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Hang on to your mitts, that thing has torque for days, might snap your meat hooks right off lol. 

I'll be comparing it to my beloved M28 combi drill, I'm curious to see how close they are. The M28 has actually sprained my wrist in the past, it's an absolute animal, no kickback control on the big Milwaukee. (Note to self; use the bloody side-handle, it's there for a reason!)

Thoughts will be forthcoming. 

• Like 1

This was more fun than it should've been! 

IMG_20170524_204649.jpg

These are 79mm in diameter, cut using a Starrett TCT hole-saw. Four holes in first gear, as recommended by Starrett, last hole in third gear just to see how the 996 would cope. In first gear the Dewalt probably didn't notice it was doing any work, in third..........pretty much the same. Unfortunately that was all the 4 by 2 I had, I'll grab a load of off-cuts and then do a side by side with the M28. 

That's all for now. 

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:34 AM, Tug said:

Wanted one for a while, now I have one. Question is; "can I get it straight from now on?"

IMG_20170520_113057.jpg

I have the exact same instrument. I like it a lot, personally. In terms of anything laser wise, I think DeWalt and Bosch stand above the rest. I'm just hoping that DeWalt will now come out with an angle finder, similar to the Bosch.

FB82

• Like 2

Off the top of my head hard torque is the maximum instantaneous torque put on something when you hit the trigger, and soft torque is the sustained torque the machine is able to put on a fastener. Hard torque seems like a paper spec for big numbers while soft torque seems like what's most important for getting work done. I could be wrong though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

Off the top of my head hard torque is the maximum instantaneous torque put on something when you hit the trigger, and soft torque is the sustained torque the machine is able to put on a fastener. Hard torque seems like a paper spec for big numbers while soft torque seems like what's most important for getting work done. I could be wrong though. 

This reflects my understanding as well. I believe most manufacturers refer to hard torque as breakaway torque. 

1 minute ago, wildroamer said:

Jealous...

I've lusted over this thing since it came out about 3 years ago. Every spring I've told myself I was going to get it, but by the time I needed it I was saving for vacation or something. Finally just bit the bullet.

I couldn't find a deal anywhere online. They run pretty consistently about $20 over MSRP. Nearest dealer had it $30 cheaper, but I wasn't driving a hour each way to save $30.

• Like 1

didn't buy anything worth showing this trip out to HD, however can someone spot the problem....or shall I say deal......
hd.thumb.png.fe5923425191d6ede87df041e971f914.png

129 for 1 XC pack when you can get a 2 pack the same price? That's HD logic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, comp56 said:

didn't buy anything worth showing this trip out to HD, however can someone spot the problem....or shall I say deal......

hd.png

Yeah, I've seen similar things to this. Maybe it's a physiological thing... like you think you're getting a killer deal!

2 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Had a HD gift card and figured I'd end my frustration of a rubber air hose and a hanging hook:

I3csnvU.jpg

We have the same reel in the race trailer. Haven't had it long, but so far so good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Conductor562 said:

We have the same reel in the race trailer. Haven't had it long, but so far so good.

That's great to hear! It seems nice, I wanted the Flexzilla but this was on sale for $50 and I had a gift card. It's definitely an upgrade from my rubber Goodyear hose, I'll keep that in case I need to drag it across something rough.