What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

18 hours ago, ChrisK said:

cbe7db929328b32414bfee6982d15f33.jpg

Veritas dual marking gauge. Thus far it seems quite solid. I'll try it out over the weekend [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Picture takin to the next level" !!

(courtesy of a foamy small coffee like beverage in a mason jar)

?????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Foneguy said:

"Picture takin to the next level" !!

(courtesy of a foamy small coffee like beverage in a mason jar)

?????

Ohhhh Buddy.....that my friend is a glass of chocolate milk....shaken, not stirred ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Ohhhh Buddy.....that my friend is a glass of chocolate milk....shaken, not stirred ?

You sir, are a true connoisseur of beverage !!!!! ??

• Like 2

Today this arrived:

IMG_20170603_170516.thumb.jpg.6027c3d3e84fa3900e5cf9a8e7a70344.jpg

It's a work of art, isn't it?  Looks like a piece of silverware:

IMG_20170603_170807.thumb.jpg.13a61b69ebb779ace800d250210a05a3.jpg

IMG_20170603_170815.thumb.jpg.b6f2acfc77ed9e1e1d3803ca007782bb.jpg

Also, this screwdriver rack "arrived" today in the sense that I made it today out of scrap wood:

IMG_20170603_163423.thumb.jpg.b1b548ec6fcc9746405a88380010f1e9.jpg

IMG_20170603_170207.thumb.jpg.55aee14cf969cd63479c98ee5cc69996.jpg

What holds it up?  Hard drive magnets:

IMG_20170603_164527.thumb.jpg.1734f80ef3c35a23014845d6cf18cd89.jpg

I wasn't sure the magnets from one hard drive would be strong enough to hold up a whole screwdriver set, but I needn't have worried; they'd easily hold up twice that many, as it turns out.

Might be time to take a little steel wool to those screwdrivers.

Edit - There, much better now:

IMG_20170603_200954.thumb.jpg.e740f715aba44474aeabfcb5280a9c43.jpg

• Like 4

My RZ mask arrived today. I thought about getting a titanium grey mask but it was out of stock so I went with a high vis green. Also got a pack of replacement filters. My DS300 is starting to fill to capacity with the recent DeWALT light and RZ mask additions. I expected the mask to be more rigid like the typical 3m rubber dust masks but to my surprise it was a soft fabric. Seems more comfortable than the disposable kind or the ones at work. 

7 hours ago, BMack37 said:

They are fantastic thus far, I hope they keep this edge because they cut metal like a hot knife through butter.

They certainly do!  Can you believe the are tested to cut cheese cloth!  Every single pair is tested, not just a couple from a batch but ALL of them.  Another really cool part is they are 100% US made down to the source of materials, this includes their suppliers as well!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

They certainly do!  Can you believe the are tested to cut cheese cloth!  Every single pair is tested, not just a couple from a batch but ALL of them.  Another really cool part is they are 100% US made down to the source of materials, this includes their suppliers as well!

It's pretty shocking that their pretty reasonably priced. Each cutter is less than a European PH3 screwdriver, or a tool truck PH2! 

On 6/3/2017 at 8:32 PM, Jronman said:

My RZ mask arrived today. I thought about getting a titanium grey mask but it was out of stock so I went with a high vis green. Also got a pack of replacement filters. My DS300 is starting to fill to capacity with the recent DeWALT light and RZ mask additions. I expected the mask to be more rigid like the typical 3m rubber dust masks but to my surprise it was a soft fabric. Seems more comfortable than the disposable kind or the ones at work. 

Yeah, they are quite nicer than many disposable out there. I still have problems with it sitting against my nose properly and others are saying the same, so they came out with the M2.5 version.

I hear that Ellipse is even nicer..

For nicer disposable ones, I really really like Moldex 2730 ..really nice and the strap is adjustable and comes apart real easy

On 6/5/2017 at 7:32 PM, JimboS1ice said:

de6982e9bded9bf8ecf387c6d4ce10e9.jpg

Some goodies from southwire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those hooks look like Metabo color! haha

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

7519f4bf23afd2fcf3040914f817f232.jpg

Not purchased but in demo from Acme, don't worry I'll make the most of our time together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet man! that's pretty cool, they're going to have you ship it to me once you're done and then i'll keep it... heh

• Like 1

Sweet man! that's pretty cool, they're going to have you ship it to me once you're done and then i'll keep it... heh

Not sure a plumber could handle the framing power ha ha jk

32 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Not sure a plumber could handle the framing power ha ha jk

ppshhh i've been on the REAL wormdrive metal saw for some time now, cutting wood will be cake walk compared :D

• Like 1

Today the Tekton elf arrived and filled my stocking:

IMG_20170606_205107.thumb.jpg.15b40fcd836e3181a6e9a80d2cb0b548.jpg

What you see there are (front to back) 1/4" and 3/8" flex head quick-release ratchets; 1/2" 12-pt shallow metric sockets; 1/2" 6-pt deep SAE sockets.  They all look like good quality Taiwan manufacture.  I have yet to try them out.  I'm torturing myself buying tools I can't use for a while (surgery recovery time).

In the background is the Craftsman 3/8" flex head ratchet that's being replaced.  The ratchet action is sloppy, which I could fix with a rebuild kit, but also the detents on the flex head are really loose, which I don't think I can do anything about.  I hate to replace USA with Taiwan, but there you go.  

On the plus side, it was easy to demonstrate to my wife why I needed a new ratchet handle when I already had one.  I just shook them both, and when she saw the Tekton's head stay put and the Craftsman's head flop around like a Muppet, she said "Yep."

• Like 2

Well, these arrived today:

IMG_20170607_185121.thumb.jpg.456cfbf380bcd5f0c521d95441f0cc3f.jpg

I go out of my way to buy a Made-In-USA product, with high hopes, and as soon as I get them into the rack I can see the Phillips shafts are crooked. You can see it in the picture (look at the two longest Phillips).  I'm not sure if they're molded that way or just bent, but either way I'm very disappointed. Someone at Channellock doesn't care if his job goes to China. 

These were bought from Circle C Supply in Bazine, KS. I called them and they're sending out a replacement set, but if this is a manufacturing defect, and I think it is,  I have no reason to expect the replacements to be any better. Circle C didn't sound happy about it but they didn't argue. 

Made in USA. >:(

• Like 3