What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

1 hour ago, FlaveNico said:

I'm also wanting the cordless hot glue gun.

Get it....... Get it, c'mon you know it's cheap... Get it.... Get it..... Peer pressure... Lol no seriously it's actually very handy.

Got this masterforce router u can't read the digital screen in pic but u can dial in what kind of wood hard or soft and can select the rpm you want also has a light and soft start. Pretty sweet for 80 bucks can also get with plunge base for like 30 more or something like that. I was very surprised and impressed 

IMG_20170614_192248.jpg

IMG_20170614_192212.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jscott said:

Got this masterforce router u can't read the digital screen in pic but u can dial in what kind of wood hard or soft and can select the rpm you want also has a light and soft start. Pretty sweet for 80 bucks can also get with plunge base for like 30 more or something like that. I was very surprised and impressed 

a router with a screen. Sounds kinda cool. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cr8ondt said:

3 of these lil batteries came today, probably should have ordered 10, @ $12.50 each I figured why not.

Where did you get those batteries for $12.50 each? Please spill the beans

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kato said:

Where did you get those batteries for $12.50 each? Please spill the beans

My source shall remain confidential for my personal gain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol Just kidding, TTI factory outlet store. They have physical stores at some outlet malls 

directtoolsoutlet.com

FYI these batteries sell out in minutes whenever they put em online but they can be found in store also. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

My source shall remain confidential for my personal gain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol Just kidding, TTI factory outlet store. They have physical stores at some outlet malls 

directtoolsoutlet.com

FYI these batteries sell out in minutes whenever they put em online but they can be found in store also. 

I looked last night, there's one about 35-45 mins away... so looks like I'm getting into the Ryobi line. FML. 

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

I looked last night, there's one about 35-45 mins away... so looks like I'm getting into the Ryobi line. FML. 

Haha lolololol, I held out a long time, it took my brother buying me the brad nailer to get me hooked in.... I'm glad I am now, with oddball tools this cheap why not!  I'm a DeWalt guy and no green tools are replacing any of my yellow stuff but boy do they make some great supplements.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

directtoolsoutlet.com

I have one about 35 mins away from me also my dad uses ryobi thanks for the great tip...  

I bought my angle grinder from a store like that in Wisconsin. We were staying at Great Wolf Lodge and across the way was a mall. We went to wander around and while the wife and kid were in the clothes store I was sitting waiting. Looked down the walk a bit and saw "Tools" and that was all she wrote. Texted the wife "When you come out of the store look to the right and you'll know where I am".

The place was pretty cool, and if I had a lot of money with me I'd have bought a lot more. I think I paid around 29 bucks for the angle grinder. Had "Recon" burned into it but who cares, it's been spectacular so far.

I have gone to the dark side:

IMG_20170615_211201.thumb.jpg.14013adff6686bfba855e1b8b8bc2754.jpg

I've always wanted a set of box end ratchets but never quite enough to shell out the green.  HF is having one of their 20% coupon deals, and the set was under $20 with tax, so let's see how they are.  The chroming is good, but they're awfully thin, and the 12mm is larger than the 13mm.  Whaddya expect, I guess.  We'll see how they do.

Of course where there's a wrench set, there's another one of these:

IMG_20170615_211305.thumb.jpg.6cdb339ed937d6265509266fa613d068.jpg

Not as nice as the others.  The piece of firewood I picked out that I thought was ash turned out to be something softer, maybe silver maple.  But it gets the job done, I guess.  The 12mm and 13mm look funny together.

Speaking of toolbox organization, the rest of my Goliath socket rails arrived today, so now I have my sockets drawer organized:

IMG_20170615_160314.thumb.jpg.cc12f4ddb2f6aa9fae10bc5fd4572aa3.jpg

Metric on the left, SAE on the right.

• Like 4

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:36 PM, FlaveNico said:

6226d2d4575e79b4c84079229a422f02.jpg

My second ryobi purchase. Got soooooo tired of pumping that pump let's see how this works.....see if it's a keeper or a return item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it. My only complaint is that it container is small. I found my self having to refill it several times.

2 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Can you use it for decking stain?

I have no experience with sprayers for that application. What I can tell you is that most of the working parts are metal with the exception of the hose and the liquid intake stem in the drum. There are some pieces I would remove before using anything tacky. Like a tiny filter on the stem  I have seen others on youtube use pump sprayers for stains and polys, so it seems possible.  

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, FlaveNico said:

I used it and it's pretty good. First tip is always fill it just with water only so when you run it, you can check for leaks and tighten what needs tightening. Once you hit the power button it stays on, motor runs continuously. Once adjusted it sprayed out a nice flow. Overall it's pretty good. The only downside is that 1 gallon capacity sure goes quick. Good buy. I'm also wanting the cordless hot glue gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I stated I experienced the same thing. Which battery did you use? After thinking about it I can't help but wonder if the 4.0ah battery I threw on there caused to work faster than the small black battery that is included in the kit.

21 minutes ago, Claeg said:

I have no experience with sprayers for that application. What I can tell you is that most of the working parts are metal with the exception of the hose and the liquid intake stem in the drum. There are some pieces I would remove before using anything tacky. Like a tiny filter on the stem  I have seen others on youtube use pump sprayers for stains and polys, so it seems possible.  

Thanks dude