What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

15 hours ago, Claeg said:

As I stated I experienced the same thing. Which battery did you use? After thinking about it I can't help but wonder if the 4.0ah battery I threw on there caused to work faster than the small black battery that is included in the kit.

since this is my first ryobi, I dont have other batteries, i used the one that came with it, and i worked with it about 45 min and it did die.

18 hours ago, dwasifar said:

Of course you bought one to test for us, right? 

my Inner tool beast says  BUY it and put it in a TOOL FIGHT!!!!      hilti,dewalt,milwaukee,makita,ridgid ....BRING THEM ALL ON.....

but my buddy said lets get churros and that was that :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FlaveNico said:

my Inner tool beast says  BUY it and put it in a TOOL FIGHT!!!!      hilti,dewalt,milwaukee,makita,ridgid ....BRING THEM ALL ON.....

but my buddy said lets get churros and that was that :D

LOL they just don't understand 

• Like 1

I haven't even remembered to take an actual photo of this, just a screenshot from a quick video.

I bought this from KCTOOL!

This style is popular is Europe so i wanted to give it a try, I like it better than the standard pipe wrench

Screenshot_20170615-221135

• Like 3

I have Milwaukee M28 and M12, a full compliment, sds, combi and impact. I have a Dewalt 54 Volt sds, plus a 996 and an 887. Now AvE releases a vid of the Hilti 22 Volt combi drill and I find myself wanting one of those! Darn it! Will it ever end? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tug said:

I have Milwaukee M28 and M12, a full compliment, sds, combi and impact. I have a Dewalt 54 Volt sds, plus a 996 and an 887. Now AvE releases a vid of the Hilti 22 Volt combi drill and I find myself wanting one of those! Darn it! Will it ever end? 

Nope. No it won't. Not till your dead or your wife dumps you....but then youll dust yourself off, rise from the grave or whatever, and go after the next shiny tool ?

• Like 2

Let me tell you, the Hilti is worth the cash. The feel, the powa, the balance, sigh. I would have stayed with Hilti if they had a broader lineup of tools. They just launched a radio not long ago. Other than that, they only have the bare minimum​. If they keep adding tools like bandsaws etc, I think may go back...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The Craftsman sale at Ace was still going on, so I snagged one of the magnetic torpedo levels for $2.99:

pACE3-18611061enh-z7.jpg.fea951d06175b1ccda55570a9a2c4531.jpg

I don't know when I'll need it, but for three bucks why not have it.

I also built myself an industrial strength power strip out of spare parts:

photo5058069971480979404.thumb.jpg.8987de80eaae1975d43290e8c5c5756d.jpg

14/3 computer power cord garbage-picked at work, other components scrounged out of a junk drawer.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, FlaveNico said:

I honestly dont even know what im gonna use it on but it was such a GREAT DEAL!!!!!  44 bucks i said ....maybe one day i'll need to laser beam someone and this will do. lol    its pretty impressive though.

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 10.45.05 PM.png

I use mine all the time. I even use it to check the pool temp. Before I got the 62 Max+, I used my 59 Max+ to document the temperature of my dashboard at noon in July.

JQEAMcu.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Nope. No it won't. Not till your dead or your wife dumps you....but then youll dust yourself off, rise from the grave or whatever, and go after the next shiny tool ?

In the RC world we call it N + 1; N being the number of RC cars you own, N + 1 being the number of RC cars you need. I think it must be the same here? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Let me tell you, the Hilti is worth the cash. The feel, the powa, the balance, sigh. I would have stayed with Hilti if they had a broader lineup of tools. They just launched a radio not long ago. Other than that, they only have the bare minimum. If they keep adding tools like bandsaws etc, I think may go back...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's really not helping! :lol:

11 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

What'd you think about the new SKs? You get your hands on one yet? I was disappointed to see them drop the knurling. I hope they offer it as an option soon.

I completely agree. SK really needed a high tooth count ratchet and they came out with a great design. I'm certain they did their homework and can probably show lots of market research showing that the core of their intended demographic prefers a smoother handle, but me personally, I've got to have some type of knurling. 

The LP90 very closely mimics Wright's handle design which I never got into for the same reason. However, I suspect we'll see comfort grips and a slew of other options in the near future. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tug said:

In the RC world we call it N + 1; N being the number of RC cars you own, N + 1 being the number of RC cars you need. I think it must be the same here? 

I've been there. Used to be into helicopters back in the day (dear God that was 25 years ago...I'm so frickin' old...). Had a couple of Hirobo Shuttles (one is probably still hanging out in an enormous pine tree), a Bell Ranger "Airwolf", others I can't recall. The radios alone were un-Godly expensive. Wish I still had that Airwolf though, that thing was a beast but it was fun to fly.

Didn't buy tools today but finally added the high-flow couplers to my air line. Had to pick up a coupler from Menard's because I had everything I needed but a female for the end of the air line. Funny but I think Legacy makes them all because the Legacy (Flexzilla) couplers fit the Menard's one perfectly. And...just in case anybody wants to know...you definitely do see an increase in air flow with the high-flow couplers. I kept thinking to myself that the small difference in the openings wouldn't be discernible...I was wrong. Air flows quite well now, and I'm impressed by how obvious it is.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BMack37 said:

...I even use it to check the pool temp...

Boy would I have one hell of a time trying to convince the wife of that purchase. "Really honey, it's for making sure the pool temp is perfect...and just think of what else we can do with it!"...

This is a test of the American Broadcast System. For the next 60 seconds the sound you will hear will be the sound a cast-iron frying pan makes against the human skull.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Kato said:

Boy would I have one hell of a time trying to convince the wife of that purchase. "Really honey, it's for making sure the pool temp is perfect...and just think of what else we can do with it!"...

This is a test of the American Broadcast System. For the next 60 seconds the sound you will hear will be the sound a cast-iron frying pan makes against the human skull.

You can check the temperature of the pan too!

• Like 1

I didn't think of that...one more reason to buy one...

I'm sure you meant to mention it but the blow to the head may have caused you to forget lol. A good " technical" excuse is you can spot where the home is losing heat during the winter and where you're losing cool air in the house during summer. Honestly I stopped at the local pawn shop and they had it and thanks to the Father's Day sale I got it for 41 plus tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Added a Diablo 7 1/2 40t and some Irwin 6" clamps to my stash.... 

Side note, Menards gave me a bunch of full show pit pass, mixer, vender, concerts tickets to yesterday's NASCAR Nationwide event, I don't care for races but my wife loves em so she took some friends and had a blast, and won... Get this.... $150 Home Depot gift card (Menards gave me the tickets)

• Like 1

Trying to repair a rusted out burner on a grill today and couldn't complete the job. Long story short, It's a custom job built into the backside of out fireplace and it's gonna require a tube flaring kit which I apparently don't have anymore ? IIRC, I loaned it to one of Mrs. Conductor's friends husbands and must have never gotten it back. They're divorced now, it was a cheapie, and I'm not that worried about it. 

I ordered a Proto J349 kit and a small Ridgid bender, so it wasn't all bad. 

IMG_7839.JPG.d10549a7e3e37a4650cdc6d238c987ba.JPG

IMG_7840.JPG.4e97956bfb2c2a25e3856ddc2443377f.JPG

• Like 3