What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Today I got a dado set that actually fits my table saw:

dado.jpg.3ae0e2136e838e48ca635d965548ded4.jpg

And, because of that, I also got an electrician's caddy:

caddy1.thumb.jpg.767a53a7b485fe49d9993a83b6eb4071.jpg

caddy2.thumb.jpg.d156f901080bd4dff254f45fa8486376.jpg

It's just fitted together at this point.  I'm going to cut a few grooves for movable dividers before final assembly.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

What about the battery doesn't fit, too wide?

Yea it's a little bit too wide, a 2.0/6.0 fits.  I'm sure it could be modified to work as it would just take a little trimming of the plastic stand but then it would still hang out the bottom.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, DPSElias said:

Well got more flexvolt, it might be a dud but still should do the job for the right price and a free battery to boot!e976a33fa32721214209a499637a56c5.jpg
121aac79b29a6ac6862f6c1c3bd19437.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a few of the flex volt recip saws. They are nice, you will like them.

A little Wera for my Friday !!!!

fast shipping !!!!! Great service from our man Ryan @KC_Tool

havent used it yet but feels nice and ratchet is smooooooth !!!

Sticker swag & personal thank you note !!

always a pleasure shopping here !!

IMG_1858.JPG

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Foneguy said:

A little Wera for my Friday !!!!

fast shipping !!!!! Great service from our man Ryan @KC_Tool

havent used it yet but feels nice and ratchet is smooooooth !!!

Sticker swag & personal thank you note !!

always a pleasure shopping here !!

IMG_1858.JPG

Ok maybe I'm naive or a snob but to me the flat out best ratcheting screwdriver is the Snap On, 20 years ago I used one and spent 10 years finding one to live up to it only to decide to get my own.  I've never tried a Wera but I'm very curious if it's similar or better.  If nothing else... That's a damn good looking driver!

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 5:33 AM, JimboS1ice said:

4c7a4f374a2e4cd06a3737541613b362.jpg

Few new things to play with on loan from Acme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great tool, but that hog ring is shit. I never got around to trying to change it out with a different brand while I had it. Maybe mine was just a fluke though.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

Ok maybe I'm naive or a snob but to me the flat out best ratcheting screwdriver is the Snap On, 20 years ago I used one and spent 10 years finding one to live up to it only to decide to get my own.  I've never tried a Wera but I'm very curious if it's similar or better.  If nothing else... That's a damn good looking driver!

I might spend the weekend screwing & unscrewing around to get a better feel for it. Curious to see how this holds up.

But no doubt that Snap On is an excellent tool !!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Great tool, but that hog ring is shit. I never got around to trying to change it out with a different brand while I had it. Maybe mine was just a fluke though.

Nope, not just your bro. I got bits stuck in there ALL the time. Plus the spring on the shank came off often. Aside from that, absolutely awesome, super comfy grip, powerhouse of an impact gun.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

I'm a snob with my Rolgear haha but now i feel like getting a couple ratcheting drivers mentioned here to compare

10 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Nope, not just your bro. I got bits stuck in there ALL the time. Plus the spring on the shank came off often. Aside from that, absolutely awesome, super comfy grip, powerhouse of an impact gun

I actually never used it for bits. I meant the outside hog ring for sockets. I had a sweet Japanese Makita for bits.

3 hours ago, Sluggo74 said:

Finally saw the new Dewalt tape. Felt big but I'll give it a try. Needed a head light. Will see how this one works out.

I like my Coast headlamp a lot. The only thing I don't like about it is the cheap plastic besel, mine fell off at one point. I glued it back on and it's been fine since. Mine adjusts brightness on the back, that's very much needed in a headlamp IMO...the only thing worse than too little light is too much light so your headlamp blinds you. 

On 6/24/2017 at 9:36 PM, Stercorarius said:

I actually never used it for bits. I meant the outside hog ring for sockets. I had a sweet Japanese Makita for bits.

That's right, and that really sucks... hate that

21 hours ago, Sluggo74 said:

Finally saw the new Dewalt tape. Felt big but I'll give it a try. Needed a head light. Will see how this one works out. 

IMG_0056.JPG

See how you like the hook on the end of that tape, for me, it needs to be taller and not so wide. That was everyone's complaint on the first round the Milwaukee tapes..

Mine pulls out with some force required, and i get the double coil spring design to make it more compact, just takes some getting used to. Plus the compact size is noticeable. My vinyl coating on the blade is fraying along the edges of the tape already and that "foil" badge peeled off pretty easy when i bumped the side of the tape and it made it pop off some. I think that was unnecessary and could have brought the price down. I like having measurements on both sides of the tape, and miss them on this one. 

The belt clip is awesome, the tape lock is pure genius, i like it, but find myself gravitating back to second gen Milwaukee with the magnet hook...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

It's not that bad, I can count the number of screws I drive in a month on my fingers at this point. Last time I pulled a driver out was early May.

It reminds me of the old saying jack of all trades, master of none.  I think the grip is one of the best ive ever held and the motor is super smooth, I find it kind of strange bosch doesn't come out with just a brushless impact driver.  Apparently the current chuck is finicky and it isn't as compact as it could be.