What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Finally decided to grab a dedicated crimping pliers & stop crimping connectors with the all in one strippers with the crimping portion under the pivot.....tired of the awkwardness of using them & the poor quality crimps that wouldn't always hold.

I grabbed Milwaukee's version of this tool today & had to test it out as soon as I opened it......I can't believe I have waited this long to buy one!

The only thing is that I wished it had the insulated section directly under the cutters.

If that bothers me too much I will just pick up the 909 channel locks.

IMG_20170716_222531879.jpg

IMG_20170716_222920067.jpg

IMG_20170716_223013725.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Finished out my transfer punch collection. Had to work today and snapped a few pictures. Also like $500 in proto and sk stuff that is trickling in because I'm pretending my brain can produce dopamine still.

Shout out to my Dremel engraver for making sure I can't resell my tools.

I know you're not really trusting of it but would you be interested in getting a Milwaukee Tick?

45 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

I know you're not really trusting of it but would you be interested in getting a Milwaukee Tick?

Bought two. Not getting very stellar results with them. Been within 10' of them for an hour now and the last time it picked up was when my phone was 2' from it and on WiFi at work yesterday. Unless the guy stealing my stuff has the app, not really inclined to believe it is theft deterrent.

Screenshot_20170717-060323.thumb.png.99348da8301d71891ec157713067fce4.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Bought two. Not getting very stellar results with them. Been within 10' of them for an hour now and the last time it picked up was when my phone was 2' from it and on WiFi at work yesterday. Unless the guy stealing my stuff has the app, not really inclined to believe it is theft deterrent.

Ahh, ok. I guess it's better than nothing, didn't know you already had a couple.

20 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Finished out my transfer punch collection. Had to work today and snapped a few pictures. Also like $500 in proto and sk stuff that is trickling in because I'm pretending my brain can produce dopamine still.

Shout out to my Dremel engraver for making sure I can't resell my tools.

IMG_20170716_201920.thumb.jpg.ab60473fdbec440baacfd9e72c2ac34b.jpg596c44131f0af_IMG_20170716_1945562.thumb.jpg.cba061929612751bf9884a50a3485956.jpg

Creative as usual Hope you're doing well dude

IMG_20170717_203736184_HDR

Give the breakaway blades a go.

IMG_20170717_203750308IMG_20170717_203750308

Took advantage of the 15% off 4 items plus free battery deals with the hole hawg and mid torque impact wrench. Plus the bag came with the hole hawg.

IMG_20170717_203801071

Replacement bits for my bit case since i don't need a third case floating around 

• Like 7

My Tough System DS Carrier arrived yesterday.  FedEx didn't drop it off at the rental office like normal, but fortunately it was outside my apartment when I got home.  Nothing like having a big box that has DeWalt stickers on it and a description of the contents left unsecured!  It's a good thing no one has smart phones that are capable of searching for the worth of the package left outside for over seven hours...

I'll post some pictures whenever I have time, but the carrier is a beast!  Knowing it was arriving yesterday, I picked up a DS400 XL box on Sunday, and was tempted to grab a DS150 (I have 3 or 4 DS130s).  My experience with my first DS450 wheeled box was less than stellar, and the new one DeWalt sent under warranty hasn't been put through its paces yet, but the DS400 seems to be more stoutly built, and the carrier relatively indestructible as a means of transporting the system. 

Next up is one more large Ridgid box.  That will complete two Ridgid modular box systems to supplement two complete DeWalt Tough Systems, with a few boxes of each brand left for miscellany.  Now I just need to find time to actually use this stuff. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, fm2176 said:

My Tough System DS Carrier arrived yesterday.  FedEx didn't drop it off at the rental office like normal, but fortunately it was outside my apartment when I got home.  Nothing like having a big box that has DeWalt stickers on it and a description of the contents left unsecured!  It's a good thing no one has smart phones that are capable of searching for the worth of the package left outside for over seven hours...

I'll post some pictures whenever I have time, but the carrier is a beast!  Knowing it was arriving yesterday, I picked up a DS400 XL box on Sunday, and was tempted to grab a DS150 (I have 3 or 4 DS130s).  My experience with my first DS450 wheeled box was less than stellar, and the new one DeWalt sent under warranty hasn't been put through its paces yet, but the DS400 seems to be more stoutly built, and the carrier relatively indestructible as a means of transporting the system. 

Next up is one more large Ridgid box.  That will complete two Ridgid modular box systems to supplement two complete DeWalt Tough Systems, with a few boxes of each brand left for miscellany.  Now I just need to find time to actually use this stuff. 

now you just need 2 complete setups of packout haha.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jronman said:

now you just need 2 complete setups of packout haha.

For the price they're being offered for, I doubt it.  I have enough red boxes between 4 of the 13" and 1 of the 26" job boxes.  

5 hours ago, Jronman said:

This came today. I wonder what it is ; )

IMG_0425.JPG.thumb.jpeg.5d6c364862bc2aecf67867251525cdce.jpeg

And yes somehow the tstak holding the flexvolt track saw was upside down in a right side up box. Good thing there was no damage. So far it seems like a very good unit. Figured out a fair bit about it already. I'm sure theres still more to learn about it. It is my first track saw. Would be nice if there was a spot to put a set of track clamps inside the tstak. Maybe there is but I couldn't figure it out.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:35 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

IMG_20170715_204332234_HDR

Going to see if i can get the lenox to compare with these two blades

I have 2 each of their other boxes and saw these.... i pulled up an air compressor on display (makita since its flat) and sat on it a solid 7 min wondering what i'll use these baskets for.  how do you like them?

4 hours ago, FlaveNico said:

I have 2 each of their other boxes and saw these.... i pulled up an air compressor on display (makita since its flat) and sat on it a solid 7 min wondering what i'll use these baskets for.  how do you like them?

Laundry, perhaps?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, FlaveNico said:

So awesome, great to have them lock onto my cart and bring loose fittings and hardware into a building or basement

10 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

I forgot to post this, but these are some of the tools being used for the glulam structure. Notice all of the FlexVolt..

FV.JPG

thats a mighty fine flexvolt bucket you got there. How much more does it hold when you use a 9.0 instead of a 6.0?

• Like 1