What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

21 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Well, it's next year and he wasn't about to let me forget it. It's amazing how a kid remembers an offhand comment on some idle Monday a year ago, but they can't remember to turn a light off despite you telling them 15 times a day.

the only thing i took away from this ordeal ^^ LOL

• Like 1

PIcked up some new recip blades. Menards has the new Bosch Edge blades in so I picked up a demo wood/nails set. I also picked up a Lenox Gold power arc set for nail embedded wood. Hopefully I can test them out soon and report in about how they perform. IMG_0375.thumb.JPG.1f43a55eb81585f824e999c5de618977.JPG

• Like 1

On 4/10/2017 at 8:36 PM, rrich1 said:

Mobile base came in today. On sale for $55. Up to 500lb capacity. f68aa0d1cbd46c5b319791480f211f4e.jpg07f838909912492078b2b460723a5e5e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That's the same base I put on my bandsaw. I'm happy with it. It's worth every penny to be able to move it at will.

Today I had enough of these cheap ass little pencil sharpeners. A: They don't work worth a damn, and B: The kids lose them faster than I can replace them. I spent $25 on a Ranger 55 sharpener to mount to my bench. That way I know it works and I know it won't walk off. It's something you don't think about too often, but hopefully this will solve my problem.

IMG_7479.JPG.2a5fea847a8d3d92df7a3cc6e56cd9c3.JPG

• Like 3

NICE! That the L-box? how do most people react to the L boxes compared to like the systainer or Makita's?

The boxes aren't bad. I have a few now. I mostly just use them for the Bosch tools.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not a tool, but I recently bought a weather guard tool box for my truck. I had a cheaper made one, but it was leaking... and there is nothing more annoying than rusting tools because your tool box is not performing. I like the storage space and the level holder, plus my local contractor store will guarantee it for life, which I think it cool.

FB82

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nordraw said:

Picked this up at Costco yesterday on a whim. Price was good and it will be good for a quick shop clean up or for the cars. Couldn't beat 49 bucks for a 12 galon 6.5 hp vacuum.

IMG_0708 (1).JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

I see that ballistol and wiha sticker lurking...

• Like 1

go big or go home ....on the glue...way cheaper to buy the big gulp....I filled one of my smaller bottles from this one and it don't look like it....

oh and a re-saw blade and a smaller fine tooth blade for the band saw...

20170413_171438.jpg

20170413_171628.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

ever thinking of getting a drum of glue?

You had to say drum...

Here is page with one of the funniest Amazon reviews I have ever read, they have only 3 drums left so you better pick one up quickly: https://www.amazon.com/Passion-Lubes-Natural-Water-based-Lubricant/dp/B005MR3IVO?th=1

"George Takei " hits it out of the park with his review.

8 hours ago, comp56 said:

go big or go home ....on the glue...way cheaper to buy the big gulp....I filled one of my smaller bottles from this one and it don't look like it....

oh and a re-saw blade and a smaller fine tooth blade for the band saw...

20170413_171438.jpg

20170413_171628.jpg

What do you like about the Titebond 3? I've never used it, but have been considering giving it a try.