What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

d5970ba1272b0e33eccf4fa4448309e2.jpg

Had some HD credit and said I want one of these for my lazy days when I'm splicing wires I just want it to do the work lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude that things almost identical to the southwire, scroll up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

b6ba8ef0f0138ad7f92ac078f660a59b.jpg

Time for the mid torque woot woot!

edb47f78b221b17f3ff1859d5e062b06.jpg

And a tstak...

4439eee85c8545f3b98f182a2d25709b.jpg

And some southwire goodies (supplied by southwire for review)

The Bluetooth meter is pretty sweet

2685531efef3d7897f3f2d4c21efb468.png

Let us know how u like that lil beast Jimbo I'm eyeballing that bad boy

On 6/15/2017 at 9:39 PM, dwasifar said:

I have gone to the dark side:

IMG_20170615_211201.thumb.jpg.14013adff6686bfba855e1b8b8bc2754.jpg

I've always wanted a set of box end ratchets but never quite enough to shell out the green.  HF is having one of their 20% coupon deals, and the set was under $20 with tax, so let's see how they are.  The chroming is good, but they're awfully thin, and the 12mm is larger than the 13mm.  Whaddya expect, I guess.  We'll see how they do.

Well, I had my first chance to use these today.  Did a brake job on my wife's car; the front brake caliper brackets have a stupid clearance problem on one of the bolts.  You can crack it loose with a socket, but you can't back it all the way out with one.  Box end ratchet to the rescue.

Darn if these wrenches aren't unexpectedly nice.  I don't WANT them to be good.  I want cheap Chinese tools from Harbor Freight to suck.  But they don't.  The ratchet action is smooth and tight, and they're well balanced.  I was glad to have them when I needed them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dwasifar said:

Well, I had my first chance to use these today.  Did a brake job on my wife's car; the front brake caliper brackets have a stupid clearance problem on one of the bolts.  You can crack it loose with a socket, but you can't back it all the way out with one.  Box end ratchet to the rescue.

Darn if these wrenches aren't unexpectedly nice.  I don't WANT them to be good.  I want cheap Chinese tools from Harbor Freight to suck.  But they don't.  The ratchet action is smooth and tight, and they're well balanced.  I was glad to have them when I needed them.

The absolute worst tools are the ones you don't have when you need em regardless of the COA or the notion of quality. In this case it sounds like a great tool for the job!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FlaveNico said:

::)))) how do you like it? and HOW much is it? was close to buying the ridgid corded version but just saw this.!!1

I'll throw my 2 cents in on this.  I have the Ridgid corded router and like it for laminate work. I really like the adjustment knob on it.  But if i was using it for round overs or flush trimming thicker material than laminate the corded Makita definitely has more power.

I was recently using the Ridgid with a trim bit cutting 1/4in luan, I was definitely pushing and I was stopping the bit.  Same pressure with the Makita and it kept on cutting. It made me think about returning the Ridgid, but I already threw out the box and nylon carry bag. I wonder if HD would still take it back.

I have used the cordless Ridgid router and with a 4 or 5 amp battery on top it felt almost as heavy as a PC 690. To me it kind of defeated the purpose.  Personally I would stick with corded routers for now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FlaveNico said:

what TOOL i wanna buy   debating Dewalt, bosch, skill saw in table saws           i'll be honest the skil saw is in the debate because it looks soooo damn nice ! lol

Are you looking at jobsite saws with rolling stand, or just benchtop units?

• Like 1

On 6/19/2017 at 8:43 AM, dwasifar said:

The Porter Cable table saw Lowe's sells now looks like a toy compared to the one I have, but they have a really nice Hitachi:

717709020450_08184650.thumb.jpg.8b64aaa430cd2917721f8bf2e7bd749b.jpg

For $350 it seems to have all the features of the $500 DeWalt that was sitting next to it. 

Man, I really blew my opportunity on this one.  It was $349 just a couple of weeks ago, and now it's $479.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dwasifar said:

Man, I really blew my opportunity on this one.  It was $349 just a couple of weeks ago, and now it's $479.

Its worth either lol. But 349 is a killer deal I got mine for 399.. they are very nice saws

• Like 1

On 1/07/2017 at 10:48 PM, FlaveNico said:

::)))) how do you like it? and HOW much is it? was close to buying the ridgid corded version but just saw this.!!1

I love it, love it a lot! I did a review on it on youtube. I live in NZ so the price won't relate as we get ripped off down here on the cost of power tools. I got it for NZ$279 (approx US$200). I'm off to use it again now!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FlaveNico said:

what TOOL i wanna buy   debating Dewalt, bosch, skill saw in table saws           i'll be honest the skil saw is in the debate because it looks soooo damn nice ! lol

You should throw the Hitachi in that mix also has soft start and a brake and the table is a bit bigger also. the stand and fence are like dewalts. But the worm drive skil does look sweet

• Like 1