What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

1 hour ago, Jscott said:

Not at my home Depot but I'm sure they do think I seen one on cpo.. but didn't have money on card anyway so had to buy with cash 

oh ok  I undertand now. I checked their website and there is in fact a 5 in that does not have variable speed but the rest have some form of variable speed. I've used an older DeWALT orbital sander from around 2012 and was a good unit. I'm sure you will like yours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D W said:

PH2 bits with a removable magnetic screw starter/holder. I've never tried the Hitachi bits but these appear to be similar. 

The magnet is VERY strong.

IMG_20170712_130330.jpg

IMG_20170712_130304.jpg

Who makes that? Those look like they're made by Toptul but Toptul would probably be in a green color instead of blue.

Edit: Actually looking at Toptul and Hitachi, the Hitachi bits look like they're the same as Toptul's bits other than the black oxide coating. The bit on yours looks like it could be the same maker BUT the blue portion doesn't match either.

Hitachi:

51Pc+u8Z0-L._SL1167_.jpg

Toptul:

p_161013_03698.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Who makes that? Those look like they're made by Toptul but Toptul would probably be in a green color instead of blue.

Edit: Actually looking at Toptul and Hitachi, the Hitachi bits look like they're the same as these which look the same as Toptul's bits other than the black oxide coating. BUT the blue portion doesn't match either.

Hitachi:

51Pc+u8Z0-L._SL1167_.jpg

Toptul:

p_161013_03698.jpg

I'm not sure who makes these. There are no brand markings anywhere on the packaging or bits.

I got them from ebay. The magnet housing is plastic and removable so you can swap worn out bits. 

IMG_20170712_143203.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, D W said:

I'm not sure who makes these. There are no brand markings anywhere on the packaging or bits.

I got them from ebay. The magnet housing is plastic and removable so you can swap worn out bits.

Funny that they have a picture of a pozi screw on their Philips packaging. That screams made in China but Toptul is Taiwan. The bits look like they're machined well. The plastic does look cheap but it doesn't need to be strong, it's going to do the job. Nice find!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

The scope of my work has recently changed a bit, so I picked up a set of bags.

IMG_5790.JPG

Awesome, you will love them. Depending on your application, they also make some things that you can add to your bags too. I have a set and love them... I couldn't ask for anything better. Lastly, if you don't mind me asking, how has your scope of work changed?

Dewalt tracksaw from my July 4 ACME order showed up today. Tool only comes with its own T-stack case, which was a bit beat up due to the fact that Dewalt just slapped a shipping label on the cardboard wrap when they sent it out to ACME. ACME did a great job of packing the case in bubble wrap before sending it on, but the damage done prior to them receiving it leaves me wondering...

Tool itself, at first look, shows a better attention to detail (fit & finish) than other Dewalt tools I have purchased in the past. That tied with the them shipping it in a dedicated stackable case gives the impression that they are headed in the correct direction, minus the outright disregard for shipping protection needed from the shipping monkeys. Still waiting for the track to show up, hoping Dewalt cares a little bit more about protecting it than they did the saw.

4 hours ago, JMG said:

Dewalt tracksaw from my July 4 ACME order showed up today. Tool only comes with its own T-stack case, which was a bit beat up due to the fact that Dewalt just slapped a shipping label on the cardboard wrap when they sent it out to ACME. ACME did a great job of packing the case in bubble wrap before sending it on, but the damage done prior to them receiving it leaves me wondering...

Tool itself, at first look, shows a better attention to detail (fit & finish) than other Dewalt tools I have purchased in the past. That tied with the them shipping it in a dedicated stackable case gives the impression that they are headed in the correct direction, minus the outright disregard for shipping protection needed from the shipping monkeys. Still waiting for the track to show up, hoping Dewalt cares a little bit more about protecting it than they did the saw.

Funny thing is my track arrived but the saw has yet to ship haha. You will be pleasantly surprised to see how the track is shipped. The 59 in has a piece of sturdier material maybe 1/4 in mdf inside the cardboard box. I wasn't for sure what it was. For the 102 in track they outright skipped cardboard and surounded the track in the sturdier material. Was one of the better packing jobs from DeWALT I have seen. Unpacking the 102 in was a job in itself. You have to remove a bunch of staples holding the box together.

Finished out my transfer punch collection. Had to work today and snapped a few pictures. Also like $500 in proto and sk stuff that is trickling in because I'm pretending my brain can produce dopamine still.

Shout out to my Dremel engraver for making sure I can't resell my tools.

IMG_20170716_201920.thumb.jpg.ab60473fdbec440baacfd9e72c2ac34b.jpg596c44131f0af_IMG_20170716_1945562.thumb.jpg.cba061929612751bf9884a50a3485956.jpgIMG_20170713_094430.thumb.jpg.f49b5a5ec4b437f3a9f25b4e81f36985.jpg

• Like 6