What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

On 7/28/2017 at 7:28 AM, jtkendall said:

I only have one Makita case and after checking it's not one like this. That's a disappointment, but I'm guessing these were newer tools that came in these cases and my box is for a XDT11. Now I want to find an impact in one of these just so I can carry bits without them flying all over the place like in the current one.

yeah when i got home i went to look at my only other makita case for my impact,and hammer drill and it had it and those are almost 2 yrs old, but i never knew about it.

On 7/29/2017 at 10:33 AM, Jronman said:

I bought some Integra multitool blades. 16 for $26. $1.66 per blade. Seemed like a decent deal. I also got a cheap $22 drain snake. I think its a no name brand but reviews were good for the price. Figured I'm not a pro plumber so I didn't need a $200+ snake.

Yeah, @Hugh Jass likes them, sound like a solid value!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlaveNico said:

yeah when i got home i went to look at my only other makita case for my impact,and hammer drill and it had it and those are almost 2 yrs old, but i never knew about it.

Are you sure you didn't just accidentally split the top panel apart? It actually hinges open?

45 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Are you sure you didn't just accidentally split the top panel apart? It actually hinges open?

im sure because when i  bought those cases i was still 50/50 on buying them even if it was a deal, then the girl up front is like its cool how they open up like that to hold your stuff.  im like wait say that again? opens up ? what? show me!   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Race2win01 said:

Started my Knipex collection....this will come in handy for flush cutting zip ties.

I am tired of the sharp edges a regular side cutter leaves & so are my arms...?

1501450700467574624954.jpg

Must be a Knipex day, 

Snagged some Cobras from Menards for $20 plus a $5 rebate... Net $15... Score!

IMG_20170730_180859.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yea, they're every bit as good if not better than the name brand blades. I've saved a shit ton of cash going with Integra instead. About to refill my set now. 

I figured I needed to replenish my supply of blades. One of my 2 blades started as a wood blade and now could be mistaken for a scraper blade. No more teeth left. At one time Amazon was selling a 400 piece Integra kit and it was a good deal if I remember correctly. I wonder who would need a set that big. Most of it was probably sand paper. I didn't see it this time.

IMG_4837.thumb.jpeg.eb4fc71a5dbc8cf7924c485d4222ed43.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jronman said:

I figured I needed to replenish my supply of blades. One of my 2 blades started as a wood blade and now could be mistaken for a scraper blade. No more teeth left. At one time Amazon was selling a 400 piece Integra kit and it was a good deal if I remember correctly. I wonder who would need a set that big. Most of it was probably sand paper. I didn't see it this time.

IMG_4837.thumb.jpeg.eb4fc71a5dbc8cf7924c485d4222ed43.jpeg

They're constantly changing the size of what's available, last time I purchased the more blades you bought at once the sweeter the deal. I picked up 2 of the 26 piece sets and it lasted me a year between myself and my partner, and we use them pretty much every day. 

@Hugh Jass my Integra blades arrived today. Seem like nice blades. I noticed when I was browsing the Integra selection to choose a set to order that the savings weren't as good as I remembered. 

I do have to admit I used that blade in the picture for plaster. It was quite tough on the blade. 

Ordered the Dewalt DCST920B string trimmer today. Needed a trimmer but didn't want to worry about gas or mixing, the Flexvolt one wasn't in the budget but I also don't necessarily know that my needs would have justified it either. Maybe if they had a bare tool version, but all of their Flexvolt OPE seems to be kits. I paid a little more ($9) to get it on Amazon over CPO so that it could be here by Thursday. CPO was offering two free spools of trimmer line on top of a lower price but it probably wouldn't have been here until next week and my yard is starting to look like a jungle.

Someone stole my gas can for my mower prior to me going to mow after all the rain we've had in Maryland so that also factored into going for a cordless trimmer. Probably will be looking for a deal on an Ego mower come Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JMG said:

Not that I needed it, just couldn't resist the price... Cashier was even kind enough to allow a military discount on top of it.

Id punch a whole in the wall just so i could have a reason to fix it, making the purchase a NEED :)

21 hours ago, Jscott said:

Those look sweet 

The grip is very good, I like the handle size. The knurling is fantastic, the tips are better than most but nothing special.

I must admit, my screwdriver experimentation is getting a little ridiculous(it doesn't look that bad until you know all but one is part of a set):

FsYzYf6.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

The grip is very good, I like the handle size. The knurling is fantastic, the tips are better than most but nothing special.

I must admit, my screwdriver experimentation is getting a little ridiculous(it doesn't look that bad until you know all but one is part of a set):

FsYzYf6.jpg

Hahaha that's awesome! well you won't waist much time looking for a screwdriver.. what grips do you like the most? I like the green and black wera set but since you own every one I looked at plus some you would know more then me.. I already own a ok set of Craftsman but really want a really nice set of screwdrivers

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jscott said:

Hahaha that's awesome! well you won't waist much time looking for a screwdriver.. what grips do you like the most? I like the green and black wera set but since you own every one I looked at plus some you would know more then me.. I already own a ok set of Craftsman but really want a really nice set of screwdrivers

The Felo ergo is my favorite grip, and I don't have to even think about it a little bit. The tips on the Felo are great but I do prefer the laser tips. Gedore is probably my favorite screwdriver. I'm happy with Felo, Gedore, PB Swiss, Vessel, Wera, Wiha and Witte...you can't go wrong with any of those brands. I don't love the Snap Ons but I use them, they're ok but not worth the price. Matco is Witte so it's very good as well.

Most of the screwdrivers have their place. The Kobalt set was only $20 and it's a 20-piece set, not amazing screwdriver but they do the business. I use them on my tool cart, I don't care if they get damaged or lost. I even have a HF set that isn't pictured...I use those as my loaner screwdrivers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The DCST920B string trimmer showed up today. Got it together, put a Flexvolt 6.0 on it, and spent about a half hour outside getting the parts of my yard not flooded from last nights rain dealt with. Didn't even phase the battery even thought I was running it on high. The only "downside" was that I discovered some of the stuff behind what I was able to trim is more solid than I was expecting so I need to buy a hedge trimmer and might as well get a chainsaw while I'm at it. I'm probably going for the Milwaukee hedge trimmer since I like the way it felt and the weight when I had a chance to try it. Going to wait for the new 20v Max chainsaw that's coming out.

IMG_9118.thumb.JPG.f6848fb56385f9d8d11dd4c2c299c4c3.JPGIMG_9128.thumb.JPG.b5ea5056c4bdcd14c1ebcfdd97ed87a7.JPGIMG_9152.thumb.JPG.8e73da106923fd47073df4be8873e67c.JPGIMG_9159.thumb.JPG.e753ba2203fd0b24663de54eff1254d5.JPG

• Like 3