Just got a TE-800

PaulE

My Bosch demo hammer finally died after 4-5 years of abuse. The bosch was good to me, and didn't owe me anything, but came across a deal on a hilti TE800 with a bunch of the new bits and pulled the trigger. It looks and feels bigger then the Bosch If it hits harder I'm sure i will be pleased. I will put this tool through the test.

although this will not use the SDS Max bits that i have acquired, i will be buying a large rotary hammer in the near future where they will see some use. Especially the clay spade and ground rod driver.

L073240_APC_830x515.jpg

• Like 2

My Bosch demo hammer finally died after 4-5 years of abuse. The bosch was good to me, and didn't owe me anything, but came across a deal on a hilti TE800 with a bunch of the new bits and pulled the trigger. It looks and feels bigger then the Bosch If it hits harder I'm sure i will be pleased. I will put this tool through the test.

although this will not use the SDS Max bits that i have acquired, i will be buying a large rotary hammer in the near future where they will see some use. Especially the clay spade and ground rod driver.

L073240_APC_830x515.jpg

I really enjoy using Hilti tools too. I don't know why but they just feel right and run like a tool should. And look good doing it. Good buy man.

Millerz

got to use it today for some simple chipping. using a 3": bit. worked as i would expect. It does feel a little heavier then the bosch, but not that much of a difference. Hilit says it weighs 24lbs.the bosch weighed 22.5 lbs the bosch is more compact then the hilti.

the true test will come in the next few weeks when i will be saw cutting and jack hammering a 6" slab. I will also have my hilti awr3000 out, but i prefer the hand held breakers for controlled demo.

with the new breaker i got 3 bits. 2 of them (point and chisel) have the squiggly lines that are designed to help spread and break quicker im anxious to see how these work

here is the breaker i replaced with the hilti. I still plan on looking into repairing this tool, although i feel it will not be worth it. The motor seized, when i took it apart and got it spinning again it would sieze after a few seconds. I think it is a gear issue.

4383519.jpg