Tsc55 problem?

marsh942

I recently picked up the tsc55 plunge/track saw, 2x4.2ah batteries, 1x 5.2ah battery, 2x1400 guide rails, 800 guide rail and some clamps etc. I charged the batteries full. I used both 4.2ah's to make two cuts across a 45mm x 900mm solid core door, approx 3 cross cuts through some 250mm x 19mm engineered flooring and maybe two rips of the same material @2.2m long. I then left the tool in the box for approx 6/7 days then pulled it out the box and both 4.2's were dead almost. 1 bar of charge showing. I then used the 5.2 to cut approx 12 LM of 12mm ply, the saw struggled a lot and went from 3 bars to 1 bar cutting this material. Any suggestions as to what could be up? I watched a few videos that suggested the saw would last a lot longer than this.

Also marsh, here is the link to Festool USA warranty service repair center. I have never actually had to have a warranty return but from what I understand, new used or reconditioned the tools still carry the full warranty so if there is a battery issue these guys will take care of it quickly.

https://www.festoolusa.com/service/repairs/

Thanks for your feedback. I bought it brand new from my local total tools here in Melbourne, Australia. I've contacted festool, just awaiting a reply. Do you reckon it's the battery or the tool that there is a problem with?

I'm thinking it's the tool too. I can't see how you'd get two types of batteries running amuck whereas if there is an wiring issue or computer problem with the tool causing the battery drainage issues that would seem to make more sense. I'd really like for you to follow up here regardless because I'm curious as to what the issue is myself.

Nah no others. This was my first purchase into their lineup. I've got plenty of makita stuff and that performs great. A Workmate has some 18v festool stuff and it seems great. I should have a chance today to get it back to the store I bought it from.

if the batteries are new with the faulty unit I'd have the whole kit replaced just in case the faulty tool may have caused damage to the batteries now you never know with electronics.....