Festool price raise by 4/1

JimboS1ice

Just received an email that festool is doing their annual price raising?? I know chrisk and a couple other guys swear by festool but really? Like your tools aren't expensive enough you need to announce to world your making them even more expensive?

... Is there some sort of celebration where festool owners get together and celebrate this? Lol not trying to offend anybody but wow!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys. When you have the best it costs money. But a pittance compared to Mafell. I will say, no. Festool guys don't have a celebration every time they increase their prices. We mostly get ticked off. We mostly spout off. We mostly complain about it! Then we go out and drop 1200 on Domino XL. We drop 480 on a router.  Will this price affect me? Not really....I don't need warranty replacements. I don't have tool failures with common occurances. I'm backed by an incredible warrant (in theory....unlike other companies warranties which I have used with great success-Milwaukee and Bosch for instance-I've never had a tool failure with Festool) When I use my TS55REQ, my spindle doesn't brake. My drill chuck doesn't have run out. My routers work flawlessly. Dust? What's that? I've never seen it before on my Festools. Chip out? What's that? I'm all set with my tools. Am I buying the vacuum clamp system or the Conturo? Nope. No new routers needed. I'd like the new PDC but meh....I've got the best 18v drill out there. 

This business tactic isn't new, Festool prices have gone up once a year for the past four years. So has Ford. So has Ram. So has Chevy. Festool cordless tool prices for the most part have gone down, corded....up. The nice thing though? Nobody forces me to buy Festool just as no one forces anyone to buy Milwaukee, Makita. Dewalt,. Etc.. As far as getting offended Jimbo, no problem here. I don't like it when people criticize me for what I use though. I know you are not doing that dude but I do take a lot of criticism for my tools on this site. Not from the older members, just recently with the last year or so. Mostly from people that don't have any idea what they are talking about and have never used one of my tools.  It's really nobody's business and people always have an opinion and like to express it. It's like this. People that make these complaints have never driven a Porsche but boy. When the neighbor gets ones, all the whiners come out and blast the guy who bought a Porshe.  When somebody gets an in ground pool, somebody has to criticize. When somebody sees some one else's paycheck, they have to whine about that. I call it the woman's knitting circle. A lot of guys I work with belong to it. Gotta complain about somebody else's good fortune. Normally just ignorant whining.

When my neighbor has something good happen I say..good for you! When somebody on the site gets something cool I say....awesome!  I spend serious cash that I earn on my tools. I go to work every day. I unfortunately do not have kids. Seriously. I mean unfortunately. I stopped dropping crack and LSD ;) I don't drink to excess, never liquor maybe two beers in the course of a week. I don't smoke. I don't go to strip clubs....SERIOUSLY! Never been to one! This is my hobby. I'm making a purchase with my money that I earned. When I retire in less than two and a half years I'd like to use my tools professionally. Even my Dewalts, Makitas, Bosch' and even that Red Sawzall I have. Some might say my job is pretty dangerous. Like my pension, I earn my paycheck. I do not complain about my check, I'm lucky to have one. If I want a new car and want to spend whatever money on that....guess what? I buy it. I had a neighbor that came over to my house the month after my first love left. He saw a new car in my driveway. He was chiding me on getting a new car a little over a year after I bought my Ram. Wow Chris. State pays you pretty  good huh? Nope. Had to trade in the truck. Going to be just me and my best buddy now, got to downsize.  Funny though, that really pissed me off. First off, getting judged by some dumbass nosey whiney self righteous neighbor, secondly for having to buy....gasp....cough.....burp....a CAR. Not to mention being depressed. Seriously. The chunk is lucky I didn't kick em in the mommy daddy button. Then send out my best buddy to finish him off.

I don't push my brand on anyone. Festool is expensive. I will say that my tool purchases are designed to purchase a tool once. Most tools nowadays are throw away tools. Cheaper materials, low cost labor etc etc etc. whereas my tools are designed for craftsman AND contractors. I could go out and spend $300 on a brand new hammer and have another one in two more years. Many companies in Europe only use Festool, Metabo etc. big money. Big investments but for very reliable very advanced tools.

And like those companies....I will whine about the price increase but invariably still get something blue and gray. I mean seriously....what's the alternative? 

• Like 10

Sorry guys. When you have the best it costs money. But a pittance compared to Mafell. I will say, no. Festool guys don't have a celebration every time they increase their prices. We mostly get ticked off. We mostly spout off. We mostly complain about it! Then we go out and drop 1200 on Domino XL. We drop 480 on a router.  Will this price affect me? Not really....I don't need warranty replacements. I don't have tool failures with common occurances. I'm backed by an incredible warrant (in theory....unlike other companies warranties which I have used with great success-Milwaukee and Bosch for instance-I've never had a tool failure with Festool) When I use my TS55REQ, my spindle doesn't brake. My drill chuck doesn't have run out. My routers work flawlessly. Dust? What's that? I've never seen it before on my Festools. Chip out? What's that? I'm all set with my tools. Am I buying the vacuum clamp system or the Conturo? Nope. No new routers needed. I'd like the new PDC but meh....I've got the best 18v drill out there. 

This business tactic isn't new, Festool prices have gone up once a year for the past four years. So has Ford. So has Ram. So has Chevy. Festool cordless tool prices for the most part have gone down, corded....up. The nice thing though? Nobody forces me to buy Festool just as no one forces anyone to buy Milwaukee, Makita. Dewalt,. Etc.. As far as getting offended Jimbo, no problem here. I don't like it when people criticize me for what I use though. I know you are not doing that dude but I do take a lot of criticism for my tools on this site. Not from the older members, just recently with the last year or so. Mostly from people that don't have any idea what they are talking about and have never used one of my tools.  It's really nobody's business and people always have an opinion and like to express it. It's like this. People that make these complaints have never driven a Porsche but boy. When the neighbor gets ones, all the whiners come out and blast the guy who bought a Porshe.  When somebody gets an in ground pool, somebody has to criticize. When somebody sees some one else's paycheck, they have to whine about that. I call it the woman's knitting circle. A lot of guys I work with belong to it. Gotta complain about somebody else's good fortune. Normally just ignorant whining.

When my neighbor has something good happen I say..good for you! When somebody on the site gets something cool I say....awesome!  I spend serious cash that I earn on my tools. I go to work every day. I unfortunately do not have kids. Seriously. I mean unfortunately. I stopped dropping crack and LSD [emoji6] I don't drink to excess, never liquor maybe two beers in the course of a week. I don't smoke. I don't go to strip clubs....SERIOUSLY! Never been to one! This is my hobby. I'm making a purchase with my money that I earned. When I retire in less than two and a half years I'd like to use my tools professionally. Even my Dewalts, Makitas, Bosch' and even that Red Sawzall I have. Some might say my job is pretty dangerous. Like my pension, I earn my paycheck. I do not complain about my check, I'm lucky to have one. If I want a new car and want to spend whatever money on that....guess what? I buy it. I had a neighbor that came over to my house the month after my first love left. He saw a new car in my driveway. He was chiding me on getting a new car a little over a year after I bought my Ram. Wow Chris. State pays you pretty  good huh? Nope. Had to trade in the truck. Going to be just me and my best buddy now, got to downsize.  Funny though, that really pissed me off. First off, getting judged by some dumbass nosey whiney self righteous neighbor, secondly for having to buy....gasp....cough.....burp....a CAR. Not to mention being depressed. Seriously. The chunk is lucky I didn't kick em in the mommy daddy button. Then send out my best buddy to finish him off.

I don't push my brand on anyone. Festool is expensive. I will say that my tool purchases are designed to purchase a tool once. Most tools nowadays are throw away tools. Cheaper materials, low cost labor etc etc etc. whereas my tools are designed for craftsman AND contractors. I could go out and spend $300 on a brand new hammer and have another one in two more years. Many companies in Europe only use Festool, Metabo etc. big money. Big investments but for very reliable very advanced tools.

And like those companies....I will whine about the price increase but invariably still get something blue and gray. I mean seriously....what's the alternative? 

You last comment gave me a chuckle, I'll drink to that!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have purchased a dust extractor and Mirka sander. Not the cheapest setup there is but I wouldn't want any other.

It has been the best money I have spent when it comes to tools. I'm a Milwaukee guy and love their tools but the quality and thought that goes behind creating Festool products is incredible.

• Like 1

I have purchased a dust extractor and Mirka sander. Not the cheapest setup there is but I wouldn't want any other.

It has been the best money I have spent when it comes to tools. I'm a Milwaukee guy and love their tools but the quality and thought that goes behind creating Festool products is incredible.

Mirkas are a French brand right? Those are some crazy awesome sanders

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Trident167 said:

Nice! Fantastic sanders. From what it looks like it appears that Festool based (loosely) the new EC Tech sanders on the Mirka line. I switched almost all of my paper over to the Mirka Gold line and the Abranet Mesh lines. Great quality papers and a bit cheaper than the Rubin paper I get for my Festool 5" sander. Nice stuff Trident, love hearing about Mirka!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Nice! Fantastic sanders. From what it looks like it appears that Festool based (loosely) the new EC Tech sanders on the Mirka line. I switched almost all of my paper over to the Mirka Gold line and the Abranet Mesh lines. Great quality papers and a bit cheaper than the Rubin paper I get for my Festool 5" sander. Nice stuff Trident, love hearing about Mirka!

All this sander talk is making me want one of these bad boys... one of these days chris!

• Like 1

I absolutely believe it! I've always loved the look of festool when my dads fine homebuilding magazines came in the mail growing up. It's a tool line I'll always look at getting, but will wonder if I can afford, knowing that they are most likely the nicest tools of their kind

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I absolutely believe it! I've always loved the look of festool when my dads fine homebuilding magazines came in the mail growing up. It's a tool line I'll always look at getting, but will wonder if I can afford, knowing that they are most likely the nicest tools of their kind

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

No festool for me until I have my dream home with my dream work shop and stuff like a bandsaw and whatnot before i plunge into the festool line. They are just so much money and I'm sure they are worth the cost but still just wow...

• Like 1

your 100% right ChrisK, woodworking as a hobby or a professional is not cheap and there is a huge difference with the quality of tools available out there. I was just looking at my finishing product shelf, if you add up all the bottles and cans of different stuff I have good $500 just in that stuff.....the tools I have in my shop are dictated by my budget and not totally on quality of tools. I would love to be building a shop with some of the higher end tools available but between life in general budget allows me what I have. In saying that I do a lot of research to buy the best tools I can for the money I have to work with. Are they the best out there? not to everyone, there is always something better but I can not think that way........ the only way I can think is the tools that I can buy are the best for me. The only thing for me with Festool is that their tool line is expensive, however it is only expensive to me.......... so are they really expensive? A pack of gum can be expensive if you only have 2 bucks to your name.

• Like 2

Well in Ireland we pay probably double what yous guys pay on dewalt and other same level brands. So the difference between these and festool for us is not huge maybe a days wage which I think is justifiable when you compare the two. Personally I can only speak for ts55 and of1400 which I have in my possession but don't actually belong to me, I own the makita tracksaw and makita router and since using the festools I've decided I'm gonna sell my makita and upgrade. The smallest of features that the festools has over my makitas make life a little bit easier and when using 6 days a week sometimes they really are worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...

When it comes to festool I'll be the first to say I love my festools but, I pick and chose what I feel I'll get the biggest bang for my money. When I bought my Domino it killed me to write that $950.00 check but it has paid for itself in the time it saves me. What would take hours to do now that minutes. I would like to pick up a few things but I'll take my chances on the recon sale when it pops up.

• Like 1

On February 29, 2016 at 1:48 PM, JimboS1ice said:

... Is there some sort of celebration where festool owners get together and celebrate this? Lol not trying to offend anybody but wow!

Jimbo

Yea, we get together and talk about how we better buy something before the increase, because... if you buy now its like its on SALE!  

Here, take my money!

:-\

• Like 2

• 1 month later...