New tools coming from Ridgid

SevenOddosFence

I was at my local HD today and a tool rep was in there and we have bumped into each other from time to time. We started talking today and I asked about the Ridgid 10" Sliding miter saw and what happened with it and he said there are coming out with a new 10" Slider a new 12" slider and a 7.5" cordless 18V Slider. I reallly look forward to the cordless 7.5" slider.

On 3/22/2016 at 5:33 PM, SevenOddosFence said:

I was at my local HD today and a tool rep was in there and we have bumped into each other from time to time. We started talking today and I asked about the Ridgid 10" Sliding miter saw and what happened with it and he said there are coming out with a new 10" Slider a new 12" slider and a 7.5" cordless 18V Slider. I reallly look forward to the cordless 7.5" slider.

Any idea of timing??

4 hours ago, Shuutr said:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-JobMax-18-Volt-Tool-Free-Multi-Tool-Head-Tool-Only-R8223406B/206189943

They have the head now. Buy the old body and a new head and keep the old head as a swap/backup

Sorry, why should someone need to buy the body for $80 plus a new head when companies like Milwaukee have theirs out at HD for $99. That is just plain foolish.

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, Cheng Liu said:

Something like this?

Possibly. But I'd rather see it on the actual tool itself rather than spending $100 and then having to spend another $50 for that.

Also, I'm still confused as to whether it is actually tool free as you and I know it or tool free in Ridgid terms. They have called their other heads tool free as well because you could swap out the heads without needing a tool, but the actual bits used on the head still needed a tool to change.

On 3/30/2016 at 7:11 PM, Kato said:

DeWalt makes a tool-less adapter, I have it on my Ryobi multi and it's great. Puts the blade a little bit farther from the tool but I don't notice any difference while using it.

The price seems like a little much though. I would rather sell the regular head and buy the tool free one, it would most likely around the same price.

• 7 months later...