Interesting Drill Comparison

HiltiWpg

Very interesting, but not at all surprising. Wish he would have had the Dewalt 996 at the time of testing, would like to have seen if it would have done better then the 995? Thanks HiltiWpg for posting.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

metabo's bs 18 ltx quick is almost a 4 year old drill as it came out in early 2013 in europe, maybe even 2012.

Bosch's drill is ancient, I've seen that model around for years maybe early 2011, they only really updated it with 50 or so inch lbs and active stop technology. Hitachi's has been around since maybe 2012 (at least thats when I first heard about it in the states.

I have the metabo hitachi, 996 and the m18 fuel gen 2.

I use the metabo for woodworking and joining because im too anal to get a biscuit joiner so i dowel, the thing is precise and I use it for fine woodworking and cabinetry installs.

The hitachi I've had for years, its been dropped off a roof rolled into a creek bed run over by my wrangler and uh yeah dropped off a roof several times, thing still looks unscathed and still runs new, pretty sure they use heavy fiberglass and really nice rubber. Oh it also has a jacobs chuck, I really, really like the jacobs chuck rather than the german ones the metabo, dewalt, bosch and some other tool companies use, esp more than the junky milwaukee chucks.

I really only use the milwaukee for stuff that I don't need to leave my garage, I don't know how many ive had to warranty, the damn thing is so compact that the electronics absorb the force of a drop. They run so damn hot sometimes that grease leaks, the chucks lock up so tight after drilling holes into solid cinder blocks. They're not built to last at least for what my crew and friends do. Another thing about them is that they run so rough after they break in im sure they're manufactured to fall apart if you drop them. These are NOT Heavy Duty drills imo there are tools that are yours and you baby them and there are tools that are meant for work and tossing around, dropping and overall "Abuse". I mean after a 10-12 hour day in the hot sun or without a/c are you really going to clean off your drill or place it down gently , use an air tool or can to blow out the dirt, drywall dust, esp if they're company tools or not yours. If you think this is hate against milwaukee then so be it, I don't hate milwaukee as a company i just hate their junky fuel drill and impact (Which I own 3 one keys I baby the living hell out of them). They're everything but "Heavy Duty".

The dewalt 996 is a great drill, not sure yet how it stands up to a construction site as I've only owned it since april or may, but it runs smooth, straight and dead center chuck but the damn batteries seem to light up 2 bars instead of 3 might need to call dewalt on this.

Out of all the tools I've ever had its the top end hitachi that's really held up to my abuse, I've never owned bosch but i suspect they'll outlast most new brushless tools.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:13 AM, pancing said:

metabo's bs 18 ltx quick is almost a 4 year old drill as it came out in early 2013 in europe, maybe even 2012.

Bosch's drill is ancient, I've seen that model around for years maybe early 2011, they only really updated it with 50 or so inch lbs and active stop technology. Hitachi's has been around since maybe 2012 (at least thats when I first heard about it in the states.

I have the metabo hitachi, 996 and the m18 fuel gen 2.

I use the metabo for woodworking and joining because im too anal to get a biscuit joiner so i dowel, the thing is precise and I use it for fine woodworking and cabinetry installs.

The hitachi I've had for years, its been dropped off a roof rolled into a creek bed run over by my wrangler and uh yeah dropped off a roof several times, thing still looks unscathed and still runs new, pretty sure they use heavy fiberglass and really nice rubber. Oh it also has a jacobs chuck, I really, really like the jacobs chuck rather than the german ones the metabo, dewalt, bosch and some other tool companies use, esp more than the junky milwaukee chucks.

I really only use the milwaukee for stuff that I don't need to leave my garage, I don't know how many ive had to warranty, the damn thing is so compact that the electronics absorb the force of a drop. They run so damn hot sometimes that grease leaks, the chucks lock up so tight after drilling holes into solid cinder blocks. They're not built to last at least for what my crew and friends do. Another thing about them is that they run so rough after they break in im sure they're manufactured to fall apart if you drop them. These are NOT Heavy Duty drills imo there are tools that are yours and you baby them and there are tools that are meant for work and tossing around, dropping and overall "Abuse". I mean after a 10-12 hour day in the hot sun or without a/c are you really going to clean off your drill or place it down gently , use an air tool or can to blow out the dirt, drywall dust, esp if they're company tools or not yours. If you think this is hate against milwaukee then so be it, I don't hate milwaukee as a company i just hate their junky fuel drill and impact (Which I own 3 one keys I baby the living hell out of them). They're everything but "Heavy Duty".

The dewalt 996 is a great drill, not sure yet how it stands up to a construction site as I've only owned it since april or may, but it runs smooth, straight and dead center chuck but the damn batteries seem to light up 2 bars instead of 3 might need to call dewalt on this.

Out of all the tools I've ever had its the top end hitachi that's really held up to my abuse, I've never owned bosch but i suspect they'll outlast most new brushless tools.

Have you got a chance to try any Hilti tool?

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Framer joe said:

PTR is a joke...they're paid by some brands ( sponsored) but not others. Big Dewalt haters. Watch OZ tool talk or Skill builder, workshop addict , real tool reviews...for real tests....

I'd say skill builder and workshop addict are very biased also. Real tool reviews is just an annoying cunt.

Oz tool talk are the only good guys you named there 😛

• Like 2

On 10/31/2018 at 5:04 PM, kornomaniac said:

Oz tool talk are the only good guys you named there 

+1 for Oz Tool Talk. Great guys and great videos.

I'm hoping they get a hold of some Multivolt tools soon. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He's getting better, he's very bias to the flexvolt line,but unwilling to say Milwaukee did the same thing with HD tools needing a 12ah battery for performance.....

The test are ok, I've corresponded with him about not pointing out flaws in Makita or Milwaukee tools but hammering DeWalt....

...I think workshop addict does great reviews as does real tool reviews, oz tools is good too...

....if you watch Rob's tests and add up the scores based on performance not the added in "opinion points"  then not bad..... example..he just did the hammer drill test , guess what gen 3 tool won by 1 point over the 4 yr old DeWalt 996..? He just can't quite give DEWALT the win most times...  @Jronman