Has anyone used or own this metabo TS 216 table saw ?

Craigh9916

Does anyone own this table saw or may have used it ? The reason i ask is because it's under £300 and I have the metabo mitre saw that has the same blades 216mm x 30 bore and I'm looking at getting a compact table saw and this looks good plus I have a few Freud blades that I use in the mitre saw that will fit this my only concern is it's only 1500w when the dewalt and bosch are 1800w so I wondered how it copes ?96d094c8110e1497959961725031f5d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah your right I'm just torn between about 4 different table saws I'm looking at one I can use as a site saw and I can't decide if I go for this one as its a very good price or spend another £200 and get the dewalt dws745 with the rolling stand or the metabo TS 254 which looks amazing as it has the legs already attached and some good features as well as being 2000w and then there's the bosch gts 10j so I'm not sure ! Would like to know what you lot think ?

42 minutes ago, Craigh9916 said:

271c97d971986bc36f8d4477a03d6ecb.jpgaa1656b15328bac5153ffe85cc35bb6b.jpgfab29c362877680038f5946fa9ec96d6.jpg

Surprisingly Metabo still isn't as common in the USA. I heard Lowes was starting to carry the tool line but alas, haven't seen it at my local store and on line Lowes had a limited amount of Metabo tools. Like Jimbo said though, Metabo is quality. I think Mike has the Dewalt set up and I had the basic version of that saw and LOVED it. I sold it to make room for my new Sawstop (I don't need a portable saw as I have a Woodshop indoors)

Surprisingly Metabo still isn't as common in the USA. I heard Lowes was starting to carry the tool line but alas, haven't seen it at my local store and on line Lowes had a limited amount of Metabo tools. Like Jimbo said though, Metabo is quality. I think Mike has the Dewalt set up and I had the basic version of that saw and LOVED it. I sold it to make room for my new Sawstop (I don't need a portable saw as I have a Woodshop indoors)

Yeah metabo is big here in Europe and I have a fair bit of there kit along with bosch , the dewalt saw does have a solid reputation by the looks of things but can you tell me if they modified the dws745 at any stage as I've seen one advert saying they are 1700w and another saying 1800w ?

• Like 1

Well.....the DW745 which is the smaller version of the 7480 cranks out 15amps at 120v and a speed of 3850 rpm's. The equivalent wattage would be 1800 watts. Their is another model that is putting out almost a thousand more rpm but I believe the wattage if I converted it correctly is the same (amps x voltage = watts) 

BUT I WOULDNT WIRE A HOUSE WITH MY ELECTRICAL KNOWLEDGE!!!!!! You know, unless you want a smoldering pile of ashes ;)

• Like 1

Yeah your right I'm just torn between about 4 different table saws I'm looking at one I can use as a site saw and I can't decide if I go for this one as its a very good price or spend another £200 and get the dewalt dws745 with the rolling stand or the metabo TS 254 which looks amazing as it has the legs already attached and some good features as well as being 2000w and then there's the bosch gts 10j so I'm not sure ! Would like to know what you lot think ?

I would look at the fence on the metabo, the dewalt has that awesome rack and pinion fence which is almost perfection. You have a dial as opposed to unlocking and sliding, much more accurate.

I would look at the fence on the metabo, the dewalt has that awesome rack and pinion fence which is almost perfection. You have a dial as opposed to unlocking and sliding, much more accurate.

Yeah it was the first thing I looked at and the fence isn't rack and pinion but it's a good locking fence at both ends and moves quicker then the dewalt and slides very nice , the saw looks to have some great features

2 minutes ago, Craigh9916 said:

Yeah it was the first thing I looked at and the fence isn't rack and pinion but it's a good locking fence at both ends and moves quicker then the dewalt and slides very nice , the saw looks to have some great features

I would say that the fence on the DW745 was dead nuts on. Also it is rack and pinion but you can literally slide it without turning the knob. That knob is great for fine tuning the final location for the fence. But....that Metabo looks pretty awesome. Oh, one more thing.....the DW745 CANNOT accept a dado stack. I had to double up blades as the arbor was too short for a full stack. The 7480 can accept the dado stack, the trade off for the 745 was slower motor and no dado.