New Wiha Extra Heavy Duty Driver Set

wildroamer

Hey gang

Seeing all of your awesome tools, I figured I would post my recent purchase.

Bought a set of Wiha Extra Heavy 's in the Microfinish. 

I was concerned they might not balance well being heavier with the through-shafts, but they are very nice in the hand!

The little Stubby was not part of the set, but I had to have it...

6749.jpeg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Hey gang

I was concerned they might not balance well being heavier with the through-shafts, but they are very nice in the hand!

6749.jpeg

Look good man and Thanks man! Now I have added another item to my Amazon cart ;) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Hey gang

Nice set, do you have a lot of screwdrivers? 

I was blown away by @phffter and his extensive collection, Check it out!!

wall 1.JPG

• Like 5

I probably have about the same amount but they're stored in three different locations. These are just the PH2, all part of sets except the Klein, also not counting the HF set and all the misc singles and drivers scattered around. Though since this pic was taken I've added Wera Chiseldrivers and another set of Wera 334 SK/6. I also tend to pick up singles of the PH2s so I can replace the one from a set when it starts to get worn, have a few still in packaging:

zeExzPV.jpg

We're screwdriver whores around these parts ;)

• Like 6

I have the Wiha torx set that goes up to T50 if I remember right. they are good torx drivers,torx type of fasteners are used alot in machine tools and my industrial applications.. same great wiha grips and good fastener fit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Do you have a fave of those BMack?

Not really, there are some that I like more than others but the favorites are neck and neck. I love the Felo grip, PB Swiss has a great texture on their grip but the handle is thin but the steel quality is AMAZING, Wera has the nicest tip design. Witte(Matco) also has a really comfortable grip but it holds dirt like crazy. Wiha has really nice tips too but I don't love the SoftFinish. I don't like the Snap-On at all. Tekton is great for the price(and made in the USA) but I wish the tips were finished a little bit better. Klein has a comfortable grip but rolls off of everything, the steel is nice but the tip doesn't fit as well as the European screwdrivers. The ideal screwdriver for me would be Felo cushion grip with PB Swiss shank and Wera laser tips.

Though, let me be clear, even though I keep praising PB Swiss' steel; all of the European screwdrivers have great steel and are top notch quality. The only USA screwdriver that I cannot vouch for the steel are the Tektons because I rarely use them...but being that they're about the cost of the average Chinese screwdriver, I can still recommend them.

• Like 3

I probably have about the same amount but they're stored in three different locations. These are just the PH2, all part of sets except the Klein, also not counting the HF set and all the misc singles and drivers scattered around. Though since this pic was taken I've added Wera Chiseldrivers and another set of Wera 334 SK/6. I also tend to pick up singles of the PH2s so I can replace the one from a set when it starts to get worn, have a few still in packaging:

zeExzPV.jpg

We're screwdriver whores around these parts [emoji6]

Which one is your favorite?and why? I have the snap on, Milwaukee and Dewalt set. I personally like the snap on the best for all day use and Milwaukee for beaters. I'm looking in to getting the wiha, Wera or klein for my tool bag.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, T75R said:

Wera makes a set of heavy duty ones as well. They're yellow. I guess it's how heavy duty you want them

Keep in mind that those do not have the laser tips. The green set with the hex bolsters(and shafts) does have the laser tips but no striking cap.