Bech Top Planer?

2LateIWon

better off buying local to you for something like that.......used or new.......

keep rubber wheels clean and put a piece of 5/8" or 3/4" MDF on length of feed bed makes things so much easier.... way less slipping. 

• Like 1

better off buying local to you for something like that.......used or new.......

keep rubber wheels clean and put a piece of 5/8" or 3/4" MDF on length of feed bed makes things so much easier.... way less slipping. 

You're on a whole different level there comp but the way I understand is keep the feed rollers clean and swap out the stock feed beds for mdf? (If the planer came with any)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

sorry they would all have feeder beds. I may be wrong in calling them that but that is what I call them. and I don't mean replace with MDF just lay a piece of MDF  from one end to the other with a stopper on the feed side closest to you so it can't move wood will slide far better than on the chrome sheet metal.

planer.jpg

• Like 1

If you can find a Ryobi buy it, it's a really nice planer. On any planer if you keep the bed waxed you won't have any issues. I wax mine every now and then, when I feel like the wood is not running through as smooth. The Ryobi doesn't have feed tables though, gotta make your own if you need them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kato said:

If you can find a Ryobi buy it, it's a really nice planer. On any planer if you keep the bed waxed you won't have any issues. I wax mine every now and then, when I feel like the wood is not running through as smooth. The Ryobi doesn't have feed tables though, gotta make your own if you need them

What do you use as wax? Can I just rub an old candle on it?

I use regular Turtle Wax or similar. All you need to do is keep it smooth. If you put a lot of wood through it the bed looses its "natural" smoothness and the wax helps to maintain it. I didn't wax it and wood would go through kinda rough, and when that happened I Googled around and found that most people recommend waxing the bed.

So, I tried it and it was like a brand new bed.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kato said:

I use regular Turtle Wax or similar. All you need to do is keep it smooth. If you put a lot of wood through it the bed looses its "natural" smoothness and the wax helps to maintain it. I didn't wax it and wood would go through kinda rough, and when that happened I Googled around and found that most people recommend waxing the bed.

So, I tried it and it was like a brand new bed.

Then you tried it on your head, come on admit it

wax works but I don't like using wax, as it may reflect the end finish that I'm working on. ( wood can absorb ) The MDF is straight forward clean and works just as good or better. In your case with the Ryobi putting a MDF board 8 or so inches in front and behind would give you the in feed table you don't really have 

On 4/28/2016 at 11:53 AM, KnarlyCarl said:

Would you be willing to pay about $50 shipping costs on top of the price of the planer?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Whats the make and model and how much ya asking? 

Thanks

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ballen1114
    Newest Member
    Ballen1114