1/2" impact driver part numbers/model numbers?

DiverDn

What are the part numbers for the latest Milwaukee or DeWalt 1/2" impact drivers?

I could have used one last night and didn't have one, so now I think I'm going to pick one up.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but what are some of the pluses and minus's of each?

Thanks,

John

DCF 899 or 2763-20

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edit: terms of pros or cons, very similar in performance, dewalt is 3 speed Milwaukee is 2. Milwaukee has an electronic switch to just push a button where dewalt has a slide.

Also do you want compact or high torque?

No flame wars, we're grown adults who know personal preference and opinions are allowed and respect their decisions to choose differently than I might, but get the MILWAUKEE, you have to get the MILWAUKEE, better do yourself a favor and buy MILWAUKEE!!!!! heheh kidding ok happy shopping!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

DeWalt: Pros: Uses your current batteries if you have Dewalt batteries. Cons: Doesn't use your batteries if you don't already have Dewalt batteries.

Milwaukee: Pros Uses your current batteries if you have Milwaukee batteries. Cons: Doesn't use your current batteries if you don't already have Milwaukee batteries.

That's seriously all it comes down to. Just buy into the line you already invested in. I have extensive experience with both and neither provides anything that would justify buying into a new battery lineup. Both stellar tools.

• Like 4

Makita has a beast coming out too if your on that line

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CWT08?

Only from what I garner by reading personal accounts with the Makita vs Milwaukee, they are neck and neck...-

-

-

-

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

All great replies. 

Torque is is more important than speed. Use will be around the farm on heavy equipment. 

Im invested in the dewalt 20 volt line But would not be opposed to buying into Milwaukees line. I've had great luck with their customer service. 

Thanks again

john

1 hour ago, DiverDn said:

All great replies. 

Torque is is more important than speed. Use will be around the farm on heavy equipment. 

Im invested in the dewalt 20 volt line But would not be opposed to buying into Milwaukees line. I've had great luck with their customer service. 

Thanks again

john

I'm surprised no one else mentioned this, but you're looking for impact wrenches. Drivers are usually 1/4" and take bits instead of sockets.

If you're invested in the Dewalt line, I'm sorry about that ;). Might as well stick with what you know. The 899 is supposed to be as powerful as Milwaukee's big boy 2763.

58 minutes ago, rocket1420 said:

I'm surprised no one else mentioned this, but you're looking for impact wrenches. Drivers are usually 1/4" and take bits instead of sockets.

If you're invested in the Dewalt line, I'm sorry about that ;). Might as well stick with what you know. The 899 is supposed to be as powerful as Milwaukee's big boy 2763.

We all knew what he meant so no point in bringing it up after he got the part numbers.

I didn't really look today but IHL in Canada almost got me to bite on a Dewalt Impact because of the price, but it was not terribly great after buying the battery. http://www.ihlcanada.com/search.asp?keyword=impact+wrench&search=Search

The thing to consider when looking at that site is that all the prices are in CAD which is currently .78 to $1 USD. We have a thread on that site buried in the deals section if you have any questions.

We all knew what he meant so no point in bringing it up after he got the part numbers.

I didn't really look today but IHL in Canada almost got me to bite on a Dewalt Impact because of the price, but it was not terribly great after buying the battery. http://www.ihlcanada.com/search.asp?keyword=impact+wrench&search=Search

The thing to consider when looking at that site is that all the prices are in CAD which is currently .78 to $1 USD. We have a thread on that site buried in the deals section if you have any questions.

Plus around 20-30 CAD in shipping

There used to be a big difference in which color impact wrench you bought. Now they all have brushless impacts with similar spec's now. Actually Snap On has some of the worst specs but the highest price.

Went to the local acme tool at lunch. 

Went with the red 2763 kit. Came with an extra 5 amp battery for $329. 

Im sure it will do everything I want. 

Thanks for the relplys and help

You won't be disappointed, it's a great tool! Haven't ran into anything I can't get undone with that beast