Ryobi 3.0ah slim pack, 6.0ah and 9.0ah coming soon!

Rammstein2609

I've known about this since January but was sworn to secrecy but now it has been leaked by a marketing company on Facebook I can post it.

Ryobi have just this week announced its new 3.0ah slim pack, 6.0ah pack and 9.0ah pack for the 18V One+ system.  No word on when they'll be available to buy but should be soon.

These batteries won't replace any of the existing models as the cells and electronics are very different.  These are being called high energy batteries as the cells used allow a lot more current than a normal 18v battery to pass into the tool which allows for better power delivery and power output.

i was beginning to get rid of some of my Ryobi tools and replace with Milwaukee but I may just hold onto a few and get some of these batteries.

I know for a fact the US team didn't want the 2.5ah or 5.0ah packs so maybe they'll release these three sooner rather than later.

The photo below was taken at the UK conference this week.

Martin

image.jpeg

• Like 8

The Milwaukee 6.0ah and 9.0ah are due out Aug/Sept, at least in the UK.  The engineers have had to ensure that every single M18 tool ever produced is compatible with the new 9.0ah battery instead of going down the route Makita did by excluding some older tools from their higher capacity batteries.  

• Like 3

The Milwaukee 6.0ah and 9.0ah are due out Aug/Sept, at least in the UK.  The engineers have had to ensure that every single M18 tool ever produced is compatible with the new 9.0ah battery instead of going down the route Makita did by excluding some older tools from their higher capacity batteries.  

Glad to hear they are thinking about that

• Like 1

I was trying to think what Ryobi tool would really benefit from a 9ah pack. Right off the top it would be their cordless ope. Still pretty awesome stuff from Ryobi. It might take awhile for it to filter to the USA though Ryobi commands a higher price point out side of the states.

I was trying to think what Ryobi tool would really benefit from a 9ah pack. Right off the top it would be their cordless ope. Still pretty awesome stuff from Ryobi. It might take awhile for it to filter to the USA though Ryobi commands a higher price point out side of the states.

Their cordless miter too

I was wondering why the battery compartment for the Garage Door opener looks way bigger than the 4.0 battery. It makes a great trickle charger to keep your batteries topped off and useful in a power outage as well. 

Yea I thought that to be pretty ingenious of them

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 5/20/2016 at 10:47 PM, DR99 said:

Out of all the tools I own or have owned, the only one I could think of would be the SDS rotary hammer. I used one to drill about 20 holes 6" deep each through solid concrete and it took two 4 ah batteries to do it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if they will now start producing more powerful tools specifically to make use of the bigger batteries. I for one would love to see a heavier duty SDS rotary hammer (preferably the kind that resembles a reciprocating saw), a cordless (or better yet hybrid) 10" (or better yet 12") sliding compound miter saw, and a 7 1/4" circular saw. I also wonder what this means for their 40v tools. I don't know much about batteries so I am not sure of which one has more power between a 2 mAh 40v battery and a 9 mAh 18v battery.

From the research I've doing lately, it seems that the batteries that come with the combo kits are pretty useless on the high drain devices like the saws.  Is it nothing but a ploy to make you think you can run those reasonably with the batteries that come with it and then force you to buy the larger ones? 

Seems to be a trend among Ryobi and Rigid kits?

Was eyeing a Rigid kit that came with a 6.5 inch circ saw that was going for ~ 200 bucks, but then saw that the batteries were 1.5 ah? I'm right to think that those batteries won't properly run the saw?

From the research I've doing lately, it seems that the batteries that come with the combo kits are pretty useless on the high drain devices like the saws.  Is it nothing but a ploy to make you think you can run those reasonably with the batteries that come with it and then force you to buy the larger ones? 

Was eyeing a Rigid kit that came with a 6.5 inch circ saw that was going for ~ 200 bucks, but then saw that the batteries were 1.5 ah? I'm right to think that those batteries won't properly run the saw?

You see that a lot to make a pretty price tag for combos but you get junk batteries. When I bought the stealth force ridgid I would have preferred 1 4.0 or 5.0 over 2 slim packs

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right in thinking this, it's good for impacts and lights, but ridiculous to think it can run a higher demand tool with a small pack, and it's to be more alluring because of a smaller price tag

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk