Warranty By Manufacturer

KnarlyCarl

I've not seen a compiled list of warranties, and how to go about filing a claim, but may have missed out on something. 

However, I also want the experience of others, on their brand and what is included for warranty claims.

Also, I think it would be great if there could be warranty information and personal experience on ANY tools that required warranty claims, cordless, corded, air, hand tools, anything goes here would be great!

Milwaukee: 5 years power tools, 3 years batteries see details----> https://www.milwaukeetool.com/service/milwaukee-warranty

This is my main brand, I have several dozen cordless tools, between the 12 and 18v lineup, and have made several claims throughout the past couple years.

You can take the tool to your place of purchase if you trust them to actually take care of you, such as a supply house that you have done business with before, which is how our company does it.

The way I go about making a claim for myself is going on their website and filling out the information in their "eservice" page. it's pretty straighforward, if the tool is within the warranty period. They pay for shipping both ways! Just print out the Fedex label but you have to get it to a FedEx drop off box or store. They don't care if you have a receipt, just the serial number. Still, you should keep the receipt, have the serial number written down somewhere (or go to there website and enter in your tool inventory). If you have proof that the tool is within 5 years of purchase because the receipt shows, make sure to include that in your information. This process takes about a week.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/eService

Ryobi: 2 years cordless tools, except 3 years for outdoor equipment see details------>    https://www.ryobitools.com/power-tools/support/warranties

Basically to file a claim, take the tool, battery, and charger to Home Depot. I have filed a claim before online, through their Ryobi Nation website and they returned an answer stating to take to Home Depot, whether or not you bought it there. You do need proof of purchase, make sure to keep your receipt for this! 

This is the information I received when I started a support ticket for one of my hybrid lights:

There is a program through Home Depot called Direct Ship. You would need to take the battery, charger and the light to any Home Depot. They will examine the light and file a warranty claim on their store portal. Ryobi will receive the claim electronically and then have a replacement mailed to you. If the store associate has any questions they will need to call Ryobi customer service. The receipt is required for warranty on the light . ***If the store associate has any questions they should contact Ryobi while you are at the store

Best regards,

Tim Beasley 

One World Technologies, Inc.

Bosch: 3 year "Protection Plan" 2 year batteries. Details here -----> https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/service/service-and-support-programs/

This is actually quite similar to Milwaukee's warranty claim, submit information online and print out a UPS shipping label, but you also have to print out a return shipping label to be included when it gets sent back to you from the service center's end. Dumb, I know. Obviously, you can probably take it back to the place of purchase, but in my case, I wanted to see how to go about a claim and there are no good service places for Bosch around here. I do not have Home Depots close by, and Lowes is hardly trustworthy. This way it gets shipped directly to them and then directly back to me. It works to register an account on https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/ and even if you don't have a warranty, register your product to receive the support should you need information/repair help.

Looking to get information on the other major brands out there, Makita, DeWalt, PC, Paslode, Senco, ETC...

Here is some information on Ridgid's Lifetime Service Agreement:

@HiltiWpg did a thread regarding Hilti and recent changes, thanks to his expertise in that brand

Looking to get the personal experience of any tool-related warranty claims from anyone that so happens to wander by this thread!!

• Like 3

in Canada Milwaukee is shipping one way, unless you drop it off at a service depot..I had one XC m12 battery that was on the fritz I went to the service depot to sent it away and buddy gave me a new one off the shelf.....easy peasy.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, comp56 said:

in Canada Milwaukee is shipping one way, unless you drop it off at a service depot..I had one XC m12 battery that was on the fritz I went to the service depot to sent it away and buddy gave me a new one off the shelf.....easy peasy.....

Thanks, I forgot to mention that detail about Milwaukee paying for shipping both ways via FedEx if you do the eService way. 

Ryobi Recalls Cordless Drills due to fire hazard

Didn't buy anything, but I did get the two replacement drills from the Ryobi recall. Really nice drills too, not new green ones but way better than the older blue ones. One-handed chucks, great overmold, really nice. Of course I'll put photos up when I take them, currently conversing with Nissan about my car...

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/8283-what-tools-did-you-buy-today/&do=findComment&comment=130780

• 2 weeks later...

Milwaukee replaced my drill and bit. They paid shipping both ways and the whole process took about a week after I finally mailed my old drill in. I had to drop it off at a Fed Ex box. No receipt needed but my drill was brand new

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Milwaukee mail in warranty service seems to be the easiest. A few people have been denied due to circumstances but they in general its pretty simple. Dewalt can be hit or miss with the service centers I have seen a few complaints of people being charged for work that should be covered by the warranty that's just crappy people though.

Disregard that other comment, @Dano123 I just now saw your comment above. Thanks to you and @DR99 for posting.

I sent in a Bosch GLM15 laser distance meter because it was acting up and was practically brand new. I did this process on their website and created an account, and printed out the shipping label and a return shipping label and their expense. I shipped it out UPS and actually it's easier for UPS because I can just sit it in the office at work, and UPS comes by couple times a week and will pick it up and take off with it. With Milwaukee using FedEx, I would have to drive to a drop box instead, which isn't a problem for me, I'm always out on the roads for work.

Anyways, Bosch sent me back a brand new replacement LDM and I received it today, so everything is good to go!

• Like 1

I took my one ryobi light to home depot. The guy didn't really know how to handle it, fortunately i had specific instructions straight from ryobi so i insisted we do as I was told. He thought I could just stop back at the store and pick up the new one when it came in, but I said no way Jose, I'm 50+ minutes away from home, I want it shipped directly to me. He gets on the phone with ryobi, the lady made it easy, I emailed her the receipt directly from my phone, she put in a replacement order and said everything was taken care of, and I would see the new light in a couple days. It took awhile waiting around for him to figure out who to call, so overall, it was annoying to say the least. I think now that I have a direct email to ryobi (TTI North America technically) I'll just go straight there and skip HD.

If I had HD close by, I would have been happy to stop in and take care of the issue, but the two local ones moved out about 8 years ago....

So fast forward to today, I received the new light, and I hope that's as much as I have to deal with

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bosch pretty much died in New Zealand because of their horrible customer service. They may be good on the states but they have a reputation for being difficult worth warranties and having a slow turnaround on spare parts. Multiple tool retailers recommend me not to buy their tools. Not because the tools themselves but because of the backup

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hitachi is fairly easy but rudimentary, you dont even need to call, you just write down whats wrong with the tool on a piece of paper with a copy of your receipt put it in a box and send it to GA or CA. I've done it several times with old Dsal drills that have myseriously had the chuck lock up (dropping them) and they just send it back with a new chuck a bout 2 weeks later with a new chuck no questions asked. Their warranty is great but their new tools arent user serviceable so if the brushes in the motor wear you have to send it in to get a new motor which by ereplacement parts website costs about 15$.

Dewalt is super as well, if you have a problem with an accessory they just usually send you another (1st one complimentary no questions asked) but after that you have to take it to a service area zone, factory cant think of the word right now and they take around 10-20 minutes probably just pencil pushing and then saying verbatim "k heres your dcd985 back, just had to replace the batteries thanks, bye."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pancing said:

Hitachi is fairly easy but rudimentary, you dont even need to call, you just write down whats wrong with the tool on a piece of paper with a copy of your receipt put it in a box and send it to GA or CA. I've done it several times with old Dsal drills that have myseriously had the chuck lock up (dropping them) and they just send it back with a new chuck a bout 2 weeks later with a new chuck no questions asked. Their warranty is great but their new tools arent user serviceable so if the brushes in the motor wear you have to send it in to get a new motor which by ereplacement parts website costs about 15$.

Dewalt is super as well, if you have a problem with an accessory they just usually send you another (1st one complimentary no questions asked) but after that you have to take it to a service area zone, factory cant think of the word right now and they take around 10-20 minutes probably just pencil pushing and then saying verbatim "k heres your dcd985 back, just had to replace the batteries thanks, bye."

Great info, thanks for that!

Here's a bit on the DeWalt battery I took from another posting:

That sucks dude :( In the usa its 2 years on slimpacks and 3 years on fat packs. I think they need to bump the warranty on battery packs though it should be like 3 slim packs and 4 on fat packs or maybe something prorated. The only good thing you can find decent knockoff packs now if your really desperate.

I used to do warranty work for depot as the tool rental repair guy, you guys actually use warranties. People would just buy new tools and return the old ones after a month or so with the same story "Well yeah it stopped working" For a very long time we just had to take their word for it but in the long run HD started to stop doing that and started comparing the dates on the tools, if your tool was out of date, EVEN IF IT WAS CLEARANCED FROM 2012 AND YOU HAVE YOUR RECEIPT AND YOUR RECEIPT STATED THAT IT WAS BOUGHT 2 DAYS AGO   you would be denied a return. TBH its a pain in the ass but the whole reason why its so hard to deal with HD now is because dog shit people abused their return system. You used to be able to return as much crap as you wanted without a receipt but now theres a limit because of theft, now you can't even use store credit online because of people selling other people bogus merch cards, hell you cant even check your HD merch card balance online or on the phone you have to be physically in the store and show your DL in some stores to get your balance (or buy something). Lowe's is very lax with returns at the moment but since we sell a lot of the same shit that HD does they come to our store if HD denies their return and we take it back. It wont be long until lowes follows suit. When people start to hear about how dewalt does complimentary accessories I wonder how long before people start calling in to get free batteries and chargers (They seriously don't dig, they ask you whats wrong with it, apologize and send you a complimentary battery or charger, they also use a phone/address identity system so people could abuse that to get multiples, hell they didnt even ask me for the serial or DoM)

as someone that did warranty work and deals with shipping Return merchandise and handling problems with manufacturers and distributors hopefully people wont see this as a opportunity but more of an eye opener as to why big box stores are the way they are now.

sorry went on a rant there.

• Like 1

Last year I bought a dewalt radio and tried to return it about 60 days later at lowes. Dewalt says they give u 90 days but lowes wouldn't take it back. They said they'd only do 30 day returns. Now I have a crummy radio that gets no reception even tho I'm only like 30 minutes outside of Cleveland. How does that make sense

24 minutes ago, AnonymousJoe said:

Last year I bought a dewalt radio and tried to return it about 60 days later at lowes. Dewalt says they give u 90 days but lowes wouldn't take it back. They said they'd only do 30 day returns. Now I have a shitty radio that gets no reception even tho I'm only like 30 minutes outside of Cleveland. How does that make sense

Lowes should have taken it back. You got some ahole manager or employee that day its 90 days on pretty much anything except a few items. http://www.lowes.com/cd_Returns+and+Refunds+Policy_33243642_

6 hours ago, AnonymousJoe said:

Last year I bought a dewalt radio and tried to return it about 60 days later at lowes. Dewalt says they give u 90 days but lowes wouldn't take it back. They said they'd only do 30 day returns. Now I have a shitty radio that gets no reception even tho I'm only like 30 minutes outside of Cleveland. How does that make sense

Yea as DR99 says they should have taken it back, the 90 days is from dewalt, you have to go through them to get that guarantee, you bring the tool to a service center and they mail you a check.

6 hours ago, AnonymousJoe said:

That was weird... Woke up to find my account suspended, not sure if I offended someone or because I swore in my post but I edited it out. 

Either way I should've pushed it at the time or asked to speak with someone else but it's too late now

Dont worry, forum was down for a little bit, everyone got that message

• 2 weeks later...