Ear Protection

jackfinzo

Hello!

So like most of ye I guess, I hate wearing my earmuffs! I am pretty good at wearing them when I'm in the workshop on the saw but  when it comes to being on site and putting them on to drill a few holes in masonry or using the planer I'm not so good. Or even when in the workshop assembling carcases with the impact driver.

My main problems with them are they are too big, not comfortable to wear especially long term and can be sweaty . Main hate for them is when on site and I take them off my ears and leave them around neck between use on tools  or to talk to another workers they are way to bulky and irritating.

So I began thinking and came up with the idea of wireless earphones, seems like they have tons  of advantages, listen to music/radio while working, small, compact, lightweight would hardly even know that they are there.

My only main concern is would they even block out the noise . Would they actually be protecting my hearing for the future?

Is there anything else I am overlooking?

3 hours ago, hemdale said:

Yes iv done some more research and well my random idea just doesn't look too promising! It would of been nice tho!! Think ill go with the 3m earmuffs with the built in radio, ill just have to deal with the bulkiness!

I have only ever tried the cheap earplugs but didn't find them much good nor practical for on site work.

Thanks for the replies so far!!