Any one have issues with a stuck chuck?

Dano123

I just got a Milwaukee 2706 one key hammer drill and the first time I used it was to do a 1/2" hole in concrete. After one hole my bit is stuck. I tried everything short of a pipe wrench and I can't get it loose. I hand tightened it like normal and it's a round shaft Bosch bit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The drill still works fine, it's just the chuck. I had a buddy who is team yellow tell me a guy at work had this problem a few weeks ago on his job site with a Milwaukee. I blame him for jinxing me! Ha

Mine only did it the one time and sounds like doin the same your is. The chuck woukd move little but but then nothing. Never did figure out what cause it and hasn't done it since.

Mine was with one of the Gen 1 fuel Hamer drill/driver

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

That's crazy.... Does it seem like the bit has pushed back all the way into the very back of the chuck and maybe wedged into whatever is holding the chuck to the drill...?

I always make sure to keep my drill bits away from the very back of the chuck for fear of this happening, even if it is unfounded, just my own paranoia  I guess

• Like 1

I will try to tap it in when I get off work. The bit doesn't appear to have moved, it will click 1 click when I move the chuck but it won't move any further. I tried holding it while in reverse and it just chews up my palm. This is the drill that I bought off my uncle when he wanted just the impact so in order to take it back to HD I will have to get the receipt from him next week when he returns from a business trip. On a side note the drill performed great running that hole. Much better than my brushed M18 hammer drill...

I also used the Fuel sawzall I got with this to cut the excess off the red head anchor I was installing and it worked great with a Bosch daredevil blade.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dano123 said:

I will try to tap it in when I get off work. The bit doesn't appear to have moved, it will click 1 click when I move the chuck but it won't move any further. I tried holding it while in reverse and it just chews up my palm. This is the drill that I bought off my uncle when he wanted just the impact so in order to take it back to HD I will have to get the receipt from him next week when he returns from a business trip. On a side note the drill performed great running that hole. Much better than my brushed M18 hammer drill...

You don't need the receipt if you send it in with Milwaukee's eservice warranty, but if it's easier going to Home Depot, that sounds like a win. Can you put your experience with the process here:

I got an email saying they will replace the drill and bit if I mail it to them with a provided shipping label via email. Carl, I can't see that link you posted on Tapatalk but I will try to find your thread.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dano123 said:

I got an email saying they will replace the drill and bit if I mail it to them with a provided shipping label via email. Carl, I can't see that link you posted on Tapatalk but I will try to find your thread.

Yeah, tapatalk doesn't display links like that, same with instagram, it's really annoying. once you are on a computer/full web site view, it will show up.  You can hit the menu button while in tapatalk and choose web view and it will show up, same with similar links that don't show up on the app

• Like 1

I finally had a chance to send in my drill. Well my wife did. The instructions were to let Milwaukee know when I did so they can send my new drill and replacement bit. I will keep everyone posted.

• Like 2

I was all excited to see a box from Milwaukee today. As I picked it up I knew it was way too light. Sure enough they mailed me a new bit, but I still haven't received my new drill...

Curious to know the status of this? What method did you use? I have found the eservice through their website to be the best, there is no middleman involved, and it gets shipped straight to them, and straight back to you.

I posted in your other thread. I got my drill the other day. I emailed them, they sent a shipping label, I dropped it off at FedEx and they returned it to me within a week. They replaced my bit as well.

I have a first-gen 2604 that I've used very heavily daily since it came out, and it's done it maybe a half a dozen times. I've always been able to loosen it by hand, but it took all my might. My 2706 One-Key has yet to do it, but from the sounds of it, it will at some point. Still, I'm pretty much totally cordless during my workday thanks to my Fuel tools, and that's the only issue I've had with any of them.

• Like 1

I have a first-gen 2604 that I've used very heavily daily since it came out, and it's done it maybe a half a dozen times. I've always been able to loosen it by hand, but it took all my might. My 2706 One-Key has yet to do it, but from the sounds of it, it will at some point. Still, I'm pretty much totally cordless during my workday thanks to my Fuel tools, and that's the only issue I've had with any of them.

Interesting, this is a new one to me... I'll keep tabs on mine, but so far never experienced it. I have had this happen to an dewalt xrp drill several times though

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've got to have drilled at least a few thousand holes with it - mostly with a 1"x18" ship auger - and it's happened maybe the half a dozen times. I didn't think of it as an issue at all, just put it down to aggressive, demanding use.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...