Bosch Brushless Grinder Spotted !

kornomaniac

Hello!

A few pics i Took out of a small movie my boss recorded on the Bosch Summit in Frankfurt yesterday :)

I dont know if this is a very early model  / pre production model.  No idea how long it's gonna take before we see it on the market but atleast they are working on it :)

Very slender build it seems.  They guy in the movie is talking about the obious LCD screen on top of the tool. That will report on tool status / Battery status etc...  

bosch1.png

bosch4.png

bosch5.png

bosch2.png

bosch3.png

• Like 1

I wonder if it is specific to just the grinders?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Be cool for a drill too if you need a certain rpm or a certain torque on an impact [emoji848]

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be cool for a drill too if you need a certain rpm or a certain torque on an impact [emoji848]

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see a lot of applications where it could be handy. I think it would have to be positioned well and pretty tough too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gorilla glass and such that they use on these small screens nowadays are pretty bulletproof guys. Lets wait and see what happens when it comes to market. Prototypes which this probably is always get revised and revised until release.  Bosch grinders are awesome,but so are Makita,Metabo and such.

• 4 months later...
On 6/1/2016 at 10:59 PM, kornomaniac said:

They guy in the movie is talking about the obious LCD screen on top of the tool.

It's not an LCD screen, but just simple discrete and robust LED diodes. There's just a green square around it which makes it look like  a screen.

You can watch more about the new Bosch GWS 18V-125 C connected angle grinder @18:54 in this video from the same Bosch Blue Innovation Summit 2016:

• Like 1