MotionHeat power pack with heated jackets

KnarlyCarl

Heated gloves that can be used with heated jackets from Milwaukee Bosch, DeWalt, Metabo...

Also the capacity of their battery and how small it is is a big benefit to replacing the power adapter that comes with the jacket. I think I might get the battery pack myself because it's so small and has great output, and is very small. I would even put a second pack inside the battery pocket as a spare, they are so small.

-

Link to the website you can purchase from:

Bay Cycle and Sports

2 pack of batteries (not sure if they sell singles)

Batteries and 2port charger

Then you will need the female-female adapter:

Adapter from battery to jacket port

-

So yeah, thought that was cool,  if I remember correctly, @Stercorarius had complained about the battery being in the way, well, these are very small compared.

This is definitely on my short list!

• Like 2

Hmmmmm $130 for batteries not including jacket.

This keeps you warm down to maybe 20 degrees.

My Berne insulated coveralls:$85

Thermal undershirt: $15

Long sleeve shirt: $10

Sweater: $5

Total of $115 and personally guaranteed to -15 degrees Fahrenheit below zero. 

Great find @knarlycarl and it is a definite upgrade, just a solid pass for me. 

• Like 4

Great find@knarlycarl and it is a definite upgrade, just a solid pass for me. 

Could also pull a Homer Simpson and naturally insulate by eating a dozen donuts a day lol may only last a few winters though...

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Could also pull a Homer Simpson and naturally insulate by eating a dozen donuts a day lol may only last a few winters though...

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to add on a pack of six chocolate frosted Franz donuts every day. Love the way those things crunch in the winter.

• Like 1

Great find@knarlycarl and it is a definite upgrade, just a solid pass for me. 

Since when did you think through tool purchases rationally lol!

Nah man I know what you mean, but it's so small and 2.7ah!! Who's looking at prices!?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Since when did you think through tool purchases rationally lol!

Nah man I know what you mean, but it's so small and 2.7ah!! Who's looking at prices!?

I am biased against heated jackets so it really isn't reasonable still. That and my coveralls are just so comfortable I can fall asleep standing up. The bibs and overcoat are slightly nicer because you have a much larger range of motion but they also cost me slightly more.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Haha you can fall asleep standing up because you haven't washed them in two weeks!!

They say you aren't supposed to wash your pants untill they can stand on their own. In the cold though I have occasionally had coats freeze in place after going from steamy to sub zero.

• 4 months later...

So I pulled the trigger on the batteries charger and adapter for my jacket. Really looking forward to using it because the power adapter can sometimes feel bulky

http://us.itselectric.ca/product_p/motionpack.htm

MotionPack-2T.jpg

.. they're so small I'll just keep the spare in the battery pocket for a backup..

Then this adapter to use with heated jackets with this type of power jack:

2.1FF-2T.gif

• Like 1

On 6/11/2016 at 8:34 PM, Stercorarius said:

Great find @knarlycarl and it is a definite upgrade, just a solid pass for me. 

do you got -20 rated gloves?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jronman said:

do you got -20 rated gloves?

That is something I'm always looking to do better with. I've started wearing ice fishing gloves as they are the only thing I've found that stay remotely dry. Most gloves are warm enough as it usually hovers around ten degrees and only drops low for a week or two. As soon as they get wet I grab a dry pair. I have a Milwaukee bag full of all sorts of gloves.

• Like 1

Those batteries are expensive. You can use a high quality power bank just as long as it has a 2amp discharge (Power banks you buy without batteries and you supply the batteries) you just have to have the usb to 5.5mm adapter. If you go this route though, I am in no way responsible if your batteries :Blow up, burn you, leak, vent, or become dead or if any harm comes to you by taking this advice. That being said make sure you use high quality batteries IE Redilast, AW, Orbtronic or any IMR VTC3/4, samsung or LGchem.

• Like 1

They came today!

Actually they came Monday, but FedEx wouldn't leave them without a signature, so he leaves a slip and I miss seeing it on the back door I don't regularly use. Then on Tuesday (yesterday) I see the slip, I sign my name for him to get today, so today he actually leaves it at the door ha

IMG_20161102_173014349

IMG_20161102_200051663

IMG_20161102_200145152

And this is where I'll keep an extra!

IMG_20161102_200302161

I have it on high (jacket only, no pockets heat on) and it's been 3 hours so far.... 

They are very nice quality it appears, and the jacks fit together very snug! No slop at all when plugging them in! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

6.5 hours! Heat on jacket on high, for 6.5 hours! 

I'm going to lose track if I do a runtime test on low!

wth the 2.0 battery packs dont even last 3 hours... hell even the 4.0's don't last that long... those batteries must be running down way below 3.6v I think the battery packs in power tools limit to 3.4- 3.6 v before they cut off to prevent damage. Use your multimeter to check the voltage on that power pack when its fully discharged if its like 2.8 or even 3.0 there isnt a cutoff on the pack and the batteries will get damaged. If you leave those batteries discharged too long (A week plus)  they could vent when you try to charge them again if there isnt protection.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pancing said:

wth the 2.0 battery packs dont even last 3 hours... hell even the 4.0's don't last that long... those batteries must be running down way below 3.6v I think the battery packs in power tools limit to 3.4- 3.6 v before they cut off to prevent damage. Use your multimeter to check the voltage on that power pack when its fully discharged if its like 2.8 or even 3.0 there isnt a cutoff on the pack and the batteries will get damaged. If you leave those batteries discharged too long (A week plus)  they could vent when you try to charge them again if there isnt protection.

Exactly what I thought, the protection in the m12 batteries may shut off much sooner than these. These say 11.1 volts on the packs, with the 18650 cells.

I'll have to check on the voltage sometime

Howdy!

My name is Ken, i am the product designer of MotionHeat gloves and the battery pack.  

First of all, I like thank you for KnarlyCarl for trying out our product.

Our company specialty are electric bikes.  We spent great deal of time developing battery pack and test equipment.  So we have in depth knowledge how battery were made.  For some of you who had question about the battery pack, I can answer your question here:

- Most Milwaukee M12 battery for heated jacket are 2.0Ah cell

- Most of Milwaukee hoodies battery are 1.6Ah cell

- MOTIONPack battery are 2.6Ah cell, right from the start, our battery had much higher capacity

- MOTIONpack battery had built-in BMS (battery management system), the cut off voltage is 8.4v, so you can't drain the battery to death, and the BMS is extremely efficient, so you can get more power out of it.

- we purposely developed the battery pack with minimal components, because we wanted the battery to be robust, reliable, and longer run time.  As result, it doesn't had USB output or battery indicator.

I hope this answer some of your question.

6 hours ago, PowerInMotion said:

Howdy!

My name is Ken, i am the product designer of MotionHeat gloves and the battery pack.  

First of all, I like thank you for KnarlyCarl for trying out our product.

Our company specialty are electric bikes.  We spent great deal of time developing battery pack and test equipment.  So we have in depth knowledge how battery were made.  For some of you who had question about the battery pack, I can answer your question here:

- Most Milwaukee M12 battery for heated jacket are 2.0Ah cell

- Most of Milwaukee hoodies battery are 1.6Ah cell

- MOTIONPack battery are 2.6Ah cell, right from the start, our battery had much higher capacity

- MOTIONpack battery had built-in BMS (battery management system), the cut off voltage is 8.4v, so you can't drain the battery to death, and the BMS is extremely efficient, so you can get more power out of it.

- we purposely developed the battery pack with minimal components, because we wanted the battery to be robust, reliable, and longer run time.  As result, it doesn't had USB output or battery indicator.

I hope this answer some of your question.

Hey thanks for joining in the discussion!

You are able to get 3ah packs from Milwaukee, but it still comes with the added bulk of their packs+power adapter. This profile is the best one could ask for, since it's a stripped down battery pack and I can hardly feel it on me

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2016 at 6:58 AM, Stercorarius said:

That is something I'm always looking to do better with. I've started wearing ice fishing gloves as they are the only thing I've found that stay remotely dry. Most gloves are warm enough as it usually hovers around ten degrees and only drops low for a week or two. As soon as they get wet I grab a dry pair. I have a Milwaukee bag full of all sorts of gloves.

Seal skin gloves man. Warm dry or wet. You can wear gloves over them as well. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Theultimatehic said:

Seal skin gloves man. Warm dry or wet. You can wear gloves over them as well. 

Ooh sounds 'spensive. My only fear is that if I had seal skin gloves I would get into the habit of challenging people to duels, on second thought I'm buying some. Season eleven was such a damn good season. 10 and 11 are tied for best ever season. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

200w.gif

200w.gif

200w.gif

• Like 4

Ooh sounds 'spensive. My only fear is that if I had seal skin gloves I would get into the habit of challenging people to duels, on second thought I'm buying some. Season eleven was such a damn good season. 10 and 11 are tied for best ever season. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

200w.gif

200w.gif

200w.gif

And so the derailment begins! f697168304e4d58bf2543d27e2aec3e6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1