M12 Black flashlight (update got mine )...

JerryNY

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M12-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-LED-High-Performance-Flashlight-Tool-Only-2355-20/207021879

$99 for tool only. They have a kit too with a 1.5 battery too and decent photos to get a better idea of it. Looks nice but not in stock yet.

update: Here is the retail packaging and what one looks like with big battery on it.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

It actually looks better than I thought with the bigger pack and it stands up more stably and lights up the room like a lantern shooting off the ceiling. The sliding mechanism for the beam is super slick and it does have a nice quality feel overall.

Edited by JerryNY
Added photos
  • Like 3

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M12-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-LED-High-Performance-Flashlight-Tool-Only-2355-20/207021879

$99 for tool only. They have a kit too with a 1.5 battery too and decent photos to get a better idea of it. Looks nice but not in stock yet.

Only 1.5? That sucks....@mondo1310 hoping for 3ah packs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, sparky603 said:

I'd imagine they sell a lot more of these types of items as tool-only. I'm surprised they even offer it in kit form.

Also the 3.0 is now the top dog slim pack, they probably want to cash in on its newness and sell them a la carte. When they introduce new batteries it seems to take some time for them to show up in kits. It hasn't been too long since they even started adding 5.0's to the M18 kits. Also the 3.0's might not even be ready to roll yet...

The fact that you can buy 1.5 and 2.0 at HD is very odd. Why not just discontinue the old models when a new one comes out? There are way too many battery options for Milwaukee. Nothing worse than opening my drawer and seeing 1.5's that will never see the light of day, because they still put em in kits for some odd reason.

6 sku's for 12v and 7 sku's for 18v.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The fact that you can buy 1.5 and 2.0 at HD is very odd. Why not just discontinue the old models when a new one comes out? There are way too many battery options for Milwaukee. Nothing worse than opening my drawer and seeing 1.5's that will never see the light of day, because they still put em in kits for some odd reason.

Dewalt uses their 1.5s to cheap down their kits, when gen 2 xr came out they released a promo price on gen 1 kits, however them crappy 1.5 packs slipped in there...

They can probably produce the little guys for next to nothing now. Ad 50 bucks make it a combo and their margin on that is probably huge.

Jimbo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiltiWpg said:

Well until the 3.0 slim is out the 2.0 is still the biggest slim pack you can get. The old 3.0 and 4.0 are the larger variety. 1.5's for some devices is still workable but yeah Milwaukee's a little odd with their battery tiers; they still have m18 3.0 and 4.0 packs at original pricing which doesn't make sense to a consumer when the 5.0's are basically the same price too. I suspect the 6.0's will continue the tradition...

Youch! That's Festool pricing right there! I just bought a new Maglight for my day job. Spent about $48 for the light and a 12 pack of d cells. Unfortunately it doesn't run on my Bosch batteries but dude. This thing is insanely bright! It'll be getting a lot of use over the weekend as I got assigned two shifts over in the Weirs over the weekend. If anybody is up, give me a shout! I might see you up there!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S7W3GDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

Ooh - I just saw that all of the new lights are up on the website.

new.milwaukee.lights.HD.png

$399 is brutal for the new tower light, but I guess the extra 150 gets you 1000 lumens, a plug and waterproofing.  It's probably worth it and I'll likely pick one up, but... ouch...

• Like 2

Ooh - I just saw that all of the new lights are up on the website.

new.milwaukee.lights.HD.png

$399 is brutal for the new tower light, but I guess the extra 150 gets you 1000 lumens, a plug and waterproofing.  It's probably worth it and I'll likely pick one up, but... ouch...

They didn't skimp on the price!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/15/2016 at 7:34 AM, HiltiWpg said:

Honestly, I think it's to confuse the average user or wife. If you have a 2.0 battery for $49 with a 2-pack of 1.5s (that look the same) for $69 next to it, it looks like the 2-pack is a killer deal. You have to either know what you're looking at or do a fair bit of reading to figure out what the difference is on the two batteries. It seems like all the major companies do this with their batteries and bit sets. Milwaukee also has a 2-pack of 3Ah batteries for $99 while the 4Ah is $79 for a single.

The price of these lights is getting ridiculous.  It's a few dollars each for the LEDs, LED driver, and molded plastic parts.

I agree as awesome and innovative as they are, 399 for a light? Come on I'll stick with corded...

Jimbo

6 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Milwaukee has spent the last 4 years buying market share. Now that they are popular, prices will keep going up as long as the market will bear it. They are cashing in on years of giving away stuff.

If you wait they still offer pretty good promo's they were giving away a charger and a 5.0ah batter with the first generation stand light, and you got a 5.0ah battery with the plug in hybrid flood light. The prices have gone up though on Milwaukee products though. Milwaukee will have a hard time moving a 400 dollar stand light even though it has awesome features.