Milwaukee vs DeWalt....

RickyMcGrath

To keep the flames of a friendly rivalry stoked I suggest you yellow bellies check out toolguyd. Benjamen posted his initial thoughts on table saw, miter saw, and reciprocating saw. The latter is interesting in that in his initial hands on the Fuel Sawzall outperformed the FlexVolt reciprocating saw.

He also mentioned the table saw and miter saw are great, but who cares, the yellow knockoff sawzall sucks (kidding of course).

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

To keep the flames of a friendly rivalry stoked I suggest you yellow bellies check out toolguyd. Benjamen posted his initial thoughts on table saw, miter saw, and reciprocating saw. The latter is interesting in that in his initial hands on the Fuel Sawzall outperformed the FlexVolt reciprocating saw.

He also mentioned the table saw and miter saw are great, but who cares, the yellow knockoff sawzall sucks (kidding of course).

You are 100% right, if you are the guy who is only allowed to do demolition and aren't doing any of the construction.O0

Well in all honestly  I believe that Metabo's LIHD ( And Bosch's upcoming EneRacer ) are the best battery ideas for the future [emoji4]

But just typical Milwaukee Marketing slander  I had to dissprove abit [emoji14]

Yes and metabo do have the 2 x battery system like Makita and that would be a beast with them new lihd batteries !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bremon said:

To be fair, Dewalt has never made a good Sawzall IMO...ever. I've tried both cordless 20v, a few of the corded ones...they all suck a bag of Wallaby dicks (that's a down under joke, herp a derp). 

That said, the best reciprocating saw I've ever used is a old school Milwaukee with the twist knob blade change. It's so freaking heavy that it just mows through material with zero effort and can be operated with two fingers while filing your taxes. I drag it out maybe twice a year, but when I do...I level a housing development by accident. 

• Like 4

I was going to say it might have been weight is why the Dewalt recip didn't perform as well but the Dewalt tool is 10 lb's compared to the M18 Fuel 7.4 I don't know how accurate that is web site stats are not accurate at times it might be the wight of the actual package the tool is sold in not the tool and battery. Well Dewalt and CPO's 15% off convinced me to get the 120v Sliding miter saw.

• Like 1

I do think that all of the numbers for weight being thrown around are shipping weights, I recall someone posting the difference between this and that when I had bought the tool in question from Amazon and the weight specified matched my shipping weight of the very same tool. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2016 at 10:21 PM, Hugh Jass said:

To be fair, Dewalt has never made a good Sawzall IMO...ever. I've tried both cordless 20v, a few of the corded ones...they all suck a bag of Wallaby dicks (that's a down under joke, herp a derp). 

That said, the best reciprocating saw I've ever used is a old school Milwaukee with the twist knob blade change. It's so freaking heavy that it just mows through material with zero effort and can be operated with two fingers while filing your taxes. I drag it out maybe twice a year, but when I do...I level a housing development by accident. 

So eloquent ha

On 6/22/2016 at 2:08 PM, wildroamer said:

I'm glad I switched from Milwaukee, personally. I realize lot's of you have had zero issues, and I actually love their huge line-up of M12 tools. But, that One-Key stuff...

Did you not figure out what happened between the onekey and/or your phone? I had zero issues connecting to my droid turbo 2 phone, it was very fast and easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Stuart over at ToolGuyd posted a 9.0 HD vs FlexVolt comparison and he prefers FlexVolt. I'm inclined to agree that Dewalt's idea is better, but sort of sucks that it leaves some people behind a bit. 

Also interesting is my favorite supplier has listed combo kits that come with impact, hammer drill, a compact XR batter and a FlexVolt 6.0 for the drill. Seems huge and bulky but maybe pricing will be similar to the kits with 2x 5.0 instead. 

On 7/10/2016 at 9:04 AM, KnarlyCarl said:

Did you not figure out what happened between the onekey and/or your phone? I had zero issues connecting to my droid turbo 2 phone, it was very fast and easy.

Nope, I did not. I was set to just overlook the One Key part of the equation, but then the drill up and quit working entirely. That was last straw, sent the kit back and went yellow.

• Like 1

Well you gave them more than a fair shot wild, they should tighten up their QC and software if they want retention from users, otherwise, Dewalt gets a conquest sale. We shouldn't have to bend over backwards for manufacturers, they should do that for us. 

• Like 1