Milwaukee vs DeWalt....

RickyMcGrath

1 minute ago, pancing said:

To be completely fair, these were only the drills. I've never ever had a problem with their sawzall circ saw or hole hawgs.

I've only ever had problems with their drills.

I'm guessing it was a service center? Or did you go online?

1 minute ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I'm guessing it was a service center? Or did you go online?

Called in, they told me to go to to a service center or send them in. Sent them in the first time if i remember right and went to service center after they told me no the first time to get a second opinion. I gave up with their drills, may as well keep the circ saw and sawzall and sell off my one keys that I bought new for myself  :<

Canada's division of the big orange box has their pricing for FlexVolt up. 199 for one battery, 279 for 2. The tool prices aren't bad at all though, which makes me think the suppliers who actually care about moving product will have excellent pricing. 2-packs aren't horrible. $200 for one sucks though. Makes me scared for M18 HD9.0. 

24 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Canada's division of the big orange box has their pricing for FlexVolt up. 199 for one battery, 279 for 2. The tool prices aren't bad at all though, which makes me think the suppliers who actually care about moving product will have excellent pricing. 2-packs aren't horrible. $200 for one sucks though. Makes me scared for M18 HD9.0. 

In terms of USD we are being told same price for the 9.0 as the 2 pack 6.0/2.0 flex volt pack

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Right now, using promo code "DEWALT20" on Toolup.com brings the price of 2x 6Ah Flexvolt batteries down to $159

Add another $40 of merchandise and you get free shipping. I'd be all over it if I lived in US!!

That's a good deal. Wish we had them offers here except its €186 for one or €320 ($357) for two ???

16 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Right now, using promo code "DEWALT20" on Toolup.com brings the price of 2x 6Ah Flexvolt batteries down to $159

Add another $40 of merchandise and you get free shipping. I'd be all over it if I lived in US!!

Oh that is tempting and I didn't want to buy until 9ah came out. Ohhh mannnn....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Ooorrrrr....... You could the grinder!

• 3 weeks later...

In the spirit of keeping the discussion going (we don't let sleeping dogs lie here at TIA do we?) I must say I'm very optimistic about the FlexVolt grinder; the grip on that beast looks very comfortable. My two biggest complaints about my Fuel grinder is the grip sort of sucks, and the paddle switch is a pita (though I insist on having a paddle for safety purposes, an ergonomic paddle would be appreciated). Plus, it has the brake at a better price than the way overpriced braking M18. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2016 at 11:42 PM, pancing said:

so yeah, hitachi's got dewalt and milwaukee beat 750 WH! http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/hitachi-bl36200

LOL

That's awesome, never know what I'm going to read when I open the forums!! 

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

In the spirit of keeping the discussion going (we don't let sleeping dogs lie here at TIA do we?) I must say I'm very optimistic about the FlexVolt grinder; the grip on that beast looks very comfortable. My two biggest complaints about my Fuel grinder is the grip sort of sucks, and the paddle switch is a pita (though I insist on having a paddle for safety purposes, an ergonomic paddle would be appreciated). Plus, it has the brake at a better price than the way overpriced braking M18. 

I can understand that.....I just wouldn't like not being able to use existing batteries with a new tool. Let us know if you buy it!

• Like 2